Devs please fix this ASAP!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TomShepard, Oct 17, 2019.

1. slyvanman New Player

Oh and new acronym for DCUO ...Digital Catwalk Universe Online xD
  2. TomShepard Active Player

Youre missing the point.Its not about you have to hear the intro every time (even tho i like some of them a lot) but the fact that they made that intro for us and its part of the instance.Every instances have beginning-fight-end.Otherwise next time they might just drop us in the front of the boss kill him and bug off.Thats not how it works,you got customers so you make proper instances start-fight-finish.Quality.
    Then you got Waller who ruins it all the time,so its a problem.it IS a problem because one speech overrides another,not to mention event (halloween for example) where Tala AND Waller talks at the same time.Its just Stupid.Like a bug,
    There are many ways to fix this:why not just have a text at bottom or make an option to switch that b.tch off if you want to.I know what is it for and i wouldnt mind her if the story arc would take priority not her.She could start talking but if you talk to Diana/whoever you started the instance,so Waller hush.

Also rather forming a group IS problematic as villain popularity smaller than heroes i could want to make a group but if no one else is interested in that instance then good luck forming one.Sometimes your better/only option to go in raw trough q.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dene Devoted Player

exactly plus music down for me for exo/collection hunting
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

"Form your own group"? Do you know how long it takes to form a group these days? I've seen people in the watchtower shouting for groups for the better part of an hour. All you see is... "Just need 7 for a T8 raid..." an hour later..."Just need 2 more and we're gtg!".
    The majority of players are just on for an hour or two at a time. They don't want to waste time forming a group, they just want to get in game and play.

Also, as a returning player I'm doing my best to run through older content just to appreciate the back log of stories that have been created over the 6 years I've missed. I'm lucky enough to get in a raid or alert for older content (War of Light, Fury of the Amazons) because nobody runs them anymore. I"ll probably only run these once, just for the experience. When I get in, I'd like to hear what Hal Jordan or Wonder Woman has to say, just to give me a feel for the story. I don't need Amanda Waller popping up and saying the exact thing she said during my morning Metal Batcave alert grind.

And by your own admission... if you've run the same missions daily, weekly, or what not... do you really need to hear Amanda Waller say the exact same thing to you she said the last 1000 times? Just throw some text on the screen and be done with it.

Players who pay attention to these sort of details will get it. Those who don't wouldn't know even if you beat them on the head with it.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You say that but either you've had some incredibly great luck or you only run with league mates because the general population has a ridiculous tendency to ignore all kinds of text on the screen, and wind up dead because of that. In the False Idols raid last boss fight, the Merciless does a reflect move and guess what, big red letters come across the screen to warn people of what he's doing and yet people still ignore that...almost consistently. You honestly believe those very same people will see the big red letters letting them know they're in a Task Force X/cross faction instance???
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As I just said to Saint Nutella, most people don't pay attention to messages on their screen or text box. So the voice over is more effective at getting the message across.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Geez, just give us the option to turn her off without turning off Task Force X/Suicide Squad as well.
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I think that its hilarious when their voices overlap in the seasonal instance!
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

Yes please, I'm tired of hearing her talk over other characters
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Or maybe my experience is not the same as yours? I have blind queue'd for the last few years since most of my friends have quit and I was leagueless for a long time. In any case, whenever I type something in the group chat I almost always get a response. And wasn't there some sort of joke in this thread about people playing with audio? In my experience, a lot of people do not play with the game's audio so I bet they would benefit more from a text on the screen than a speech.

And I think there's a difference between being notified about the type of instance you're in at the start and a mechanic in the heat of battle. If the text is as big as you say, then chances are they see it but don't use the information they're given. Now imagine if the warning was actually said. Do you think the result would be much different? I'm sure there are a lot of people who listen to music when playing or other audio but I'm willing to bet that most people look at the screen when they're playing.

Anyways, a text on the screen would be fair to me. This way players can listen to the actual story AND be notified that they're in a cross faction instance. Like I said before, the devs still use this method of text to notify players (i.e you have been loot locked). Or maybe notify players in another way, such as putting a symbol or something near the player's name to indicate whether or not they're a villain or hero.
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'm in for removing Amanda Waller's intro after as many times as it takes for her to start saying the "You've done this so many times, you're already familiar with it," (yeah... not exact, but paraphrasing it) intro.

OR

Make it so that she doesn't override the voice intros of the actual instance, and have it play lower than the instance dialog. I didn't know what Wonder Woman says at the beginning of False Idols until the second week of Metal Part 1.
    • Like x 1
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Totally agree with KHALONofGun on this. That so called annoying voice over by Waller lets players know they are no in a Cross Faction mission and, as stated, if the main reason you are even doing that mission is for a specific feat that will not be possible if you are a HERO and now find yourself in a mission set specifically set for villains.

And then there is part two... Okay if it is the very first time you are doing a particular mission YES Amanda just chatted right over top of some cut scene. That is IF there is a cut scene available as soon as you walk in the door.. and in many cases that is not where you will find them. But do you really think some player doing the same mission for the 10th or 20th time for the marks or just to finish up a feat really cares one way or another about listening to the exact same monoloque for the 2oth time? There have been threads requesting the ability to shut all that nonsense off for years and these days we do have at least some SOLO content that allows a player to do just that.
    • Like x 1
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Not sure how effective Amanda's little speech is anyway, considering how many people say they play with the sound turned off. At least a visual message would be displayed for everybody (even if some seem to have trouble reading messages).
    • Like x 1
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

1. Are there still faction exclusive feats at endgame? Genuine question. And why couldn't a visual hint (such as a message on screen) be just as effective. Or maybe indicate that a player is a part of a certain faction above their name or something. Given that so many people are tired of Amanda's voice in general, whether it's because it interrupts the instance or not, would this warning still be very effective when people begin to ignore it? And consider the fact that many players don't even play with audio, and some, like myself, generally only listen to the audio for the story, not Amanda. But I guarantee that most players watch the screen when playing.

2. Um some players do. Especially players who replay instances because they love the story. Some of us are big DC fans and love the immersion. And speaking from personal experience, I have yet to hear some of the dialogue clearly at the beginning of some instances because I often get a villain in my instance.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let's start with the OBVIOUS shall we.. what exactly makes you think the OP or every other person playing the game is exclusively at end game? YES thanks to the recent trend anyone above level 10 can manage to get to Metal Gotham do the event version of any mission but there are still a good number of players out there doing things like the duos in Amazon Fury Part 1 that has everything from FACTION specific feats in duos to Faction specific daily outdoor missions. Or how about the faction specific feats in the duos in the Wastelands? Heck I have had alts still trying desperately to get that one last sub boss that you fight in the Cathedral (Psimon, Gentleman Ghost or Mammouth) at Cr 200 or higher.. Don't you just love how the RNG of this game works?

Now personally I could care less if i hear the cut scene or not,.... The one that can get seriously annoying is Gotham Subway mission against the Penquin and friends where I swear that multiple cut scene make that mission twice as long because they feel the need to stop and throw in another cut scene every couple minutes. FAVORITE is the one where there is absolutely no chat at all just a picture of the Metallic Penquin with a label telling me I am about to attack a GIANT METAL PENQUIN. And since I have lost track of how many different players have been on these forums begging for a way to shut that stuff off.. after hearing in 10 or more times... I'd venture a guess that a lot more could care lass about hearing the story over and over and over again and would really just like to kill everything inside, grab their rewards and move on to the next mission. The game, as we all know, is full of grinds forcing player to do the same missions repeatedly to advance and while we all may enjoy that cut scene the first time by day 30 and having heard the same speach 29 times.. NO ONE REALLY CARES. lol
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Just watched Suicide Squad again and was reminded of how powerful (and sometimes cold-blooded) she is.

She also helped make the JLU series as great as it was.

I get that she is irritating to some but never to me.
  17. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

There already is. If you are playing in the opposite factions instance a red ring flashes around your character like every 5 minutes.
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Oh? Let's speak about obvious since you seem confused about my comment. It seems to be quite clear that most players have a character at endgame (200+ CR) given all the complaints about people having trouble getting into low level content. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Anyways, people really need to learn how to speak for themselves or people they actually know unless it's a fact. I care about the story even if I have done it a dozen times. You even mentioned going back to older content, which I often do and I enjoy reliving the story. My friends who love DC enjoy the story. So "nobody cares" is an exceedingly ignorant and baseless claim. YOU and maybe people YOU know don't care.

In any case, I still haven't been explained why a text that goes across the screen, or some sort of notice that stays in the corner of your screen during the duration of the instance is not a solution for the Amanda problem. This has already been used in game, as stated a few times before. And it has already been said that many players don't even play with audio so the Amanda Waller warning may not even affect that at all so they might also be unaware that they're in a cross faction instance.
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

And as I said... the people who pay attention (whether it be a text on the screen or a voice over), will get it. The people who do not wouldn't know what was going on even if you beat them over the head with it. That is a fact.
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's true, though I have a feeling that many players are unaware of what the red collar thing means or they eventually don't notice it. Can't say for sure but I know that I personally stop noticing it after a while. But yeah you're right.