Devs, I'm kicking dead horse?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pale Rage, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, the devs don't care about PVP, think about all the players they'd bring back if they actually fixed PVP, but nope, only PVE matters.

A functional PVP would also help with down times like this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

I get, and appreciate, the sarcasm....but in all honesty, in order to make pvp as close to balanced as possible, player characters have to be limited much like Legends characters.

The things I listed are all of the problems that come with current PVP. Gear divides the player base right from the start. Roles, are darn near indestructible. Shields and supercharges are part of the cheese. Artifacts and Allies are overpowered. Spending anytime in the Watchtower today you'll see how cheesy it is currently. What's the point of PVP if everything is a one-shot fest with cheesy tactics, or the opposite, a Neverending battle with roles?!?
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's funny because it's always been the answer to their biggest problem, player retention. Even more, it would help establish a healthier method of competition instead of the scoreboard. And, for those that hate the clamp and want to have progression, practicing pvp skills and rotations could help give them that sense of getting better.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

But remember it doesn't make money, so we can't be having that nonsense, on to the next Booster Bundle and Time capsule!
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Directly, no, it wouldn't make them money the same way PVE stuff does. But, indirectly, if it kept even 50% more players subscribed and playing in between DLCs, I'd say they'd profit more. Not to mention, all the players that left just because PVP was left to die, if they return thats even more money. And if they tied perks to membership, like extra marks per win, exclusive maps, Legends characters, etc....it could make money for them overall.

I think that whole excuse was always a cop out. They just never had any ideas or approach after PVP focused devs, like Spytle, left.
    • Like x 2
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

To take it possibly further, in addition to everything I stated before...

Create an armory type UI for the arena tab. Where we select our loadout and skill points, have them saved for every match we go into. Then, much like restrictor plates in Nascar, the devs could set a cap on SP as well, to limit stats and keep everyone on the same level playing field. Maybe as low as 100-200 SP. I know many players like me that are over 700 SP would view this like the clamp, but we do have to understand balance and competition should be the focus. It's almost impossible with the current SP gap we have atm. If everyone is pretty even with stats, and cheesy gimmick powers are eliminated, the only factor remaining would be skill and strategy, and that's what PVP should be about. That's why Legends works, because for the most part, Legends characters are static and equal minus a couple outliers. It all comes down to how you play the characters and how the team works together, and Arenas should be no different.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

'zactly.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As long as it's not the 'fix' part of the equation...sure. I'm still not a fan of new feats, but assuming we got 'fixed' PvP and maybe a 102 set of gear....sure, add some 10 or 20 map count. It's still probably a lot to ask for from some new person that has 0 PvP feats, but if there were some resurgence of PvP, there'd at least be a chance of getting them without having to do trade wins. And if all a new feat does is generate a few weeks of 'trade win' groups, I don't see the point.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

PvP isn't broken, you are ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Keep poking, it would be nice to Rp on my villain pounding on heroes on again.
    • Like x 1
  11. SingingCoyote Active Player

PVP arts is such a great idea, and instead of putting a paywall behind them, maybe make them something we have to play to level up or get.

More stuff to do is always better
    • Like x 1
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Working as intended?

It's not a bug, it's a feature?

Git gud, n00b?

Is that how it is? :p
    • Like x 1
  13. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

just get rid of pvp - its not fair, full of hackers, and the devs dont know how to balance powers

Devs cant even balance legends and the characters and loadouts are fixed
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

ironically, if they focused on making the game fun instead of having a milking a dime centric focus the population would be larger and probably spend more money into the game.
    • Like x 2
  15. BƖack Dedicated Player

Yes, You Are.

DGC/DI/EG7 whatever... focus on $.

That's only what matters to them.