Devs. A simple solution make novice Nexus & Parradox raids....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pumped, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

We should come up with a new term: FAUX-ELITIST (F-Oh Leetist) - N. - Players who believe they are elite and deserve entitelment but in reality are not. When realized, they resort to name calling, usually calling others elitist, because they are too proud to admit things of their own fault.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

No offense, but that is what I would define as an elitist. XD

In all respects, the representatives from both sides in this thread are not a good example of model players. It just reminds me of two children arguing over a toy. "I want it!" "Haha! You can't have it!" It is actually sickening to read this thread. You want to know why this thread is probably going to be ignored, not because they wont listen, but because of the actions taken by both sides.
    • Like x 1
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

Lets all understand something here:

Labeling content as hard or easy, is COMPLETELY subjective. Has nothing to do with skill. Player's who complete it consistently can still find the raid difficult. Telling someone a certain content is "not hard" or "is hard" is nothing but an opinion based off someone's personal experience and is in no way a true description of the content. Also telling people that content is not hard simply because you can complete regularly instantly makes the statement subjective.

Its subjective labeling like this, that tricked the developers into thinking that the majority of the community wanted the difficulty level of the T5 raids, when in actuality it was the vocal minority.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dump Truck New Player

Yes but how can you say it was the vocal minority that wanted challenging content? Isn't that a subjective label as well?
  5. UltraElite Dedicated Player

Im happy with the new Change to the raids when Compared to the Amount of ppl complaining about the difficulty to the reward

PPL used the Difficulty of the T5 raids as a reason to decrease the Rare Gear drop rates

"This raid is so hard and when i finally do beat it i never get any rare drops"

But making the Raids Easier, voids this justification of making the Rare loot drop more since the raids are now easier to beat...

Before ppl would be like i spent 2-4 hours in Nexus and got 85cr Pieces....

So the DEV listens to UR COMPLAINTS

and came up with their own solution to the problem

Its funny i feel like ppl wanted the Difficulty to stay the same, but make the rare drop rates more frequent.....

The DEVs did a 180 on them and Keept the drop rates the same, but made the Raids easier....
    • Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Bottom line they are nerfing the raids either you can accept it or don't, but we should be able to talk it out like adults not if you can't beat it your dumb or I like the nerf and anyone who don't is an elitist. This is why players who come from other mmos say this is the worse community.Fyi DCUO is a casual game not really built around the hardcore gamer, but they bring atleast 1 hard raid every story arc
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

Because I was not confined in the familiar environment of my league. Going out into the PUG world often and witnessing the exchanges between random players throughout the DCUO world. The majority of the DCUO community simply did not want Hard content. They were fine with raids like Gates. They wanted to complete content, not stress over it. There was never a pug I encountered that said, "I wish this game was harder". I only ever heard that from the forums. and always from the same group of people. The group of people that seemed to know each other through some means of contact or by reputation. I personally never wanted hard content. But that's because I never noticed how easy this game is. Most players are indifferent, They just want NEW content. Preferably content that doesn't stress them out.

Your right, it is subjective. But I also know that I'm gathering my conclusion from a Far wider source, instead of just the forums, and league.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dump Truck New Player

Assuming I am gathering my information from within my own league is also subjective. I know every post I read regarding T5 content in this section, but especially in the testing feedback when it was live on test, was praising and thanking the developers for content of an appropriate difficulty. I can dig them up if you like, they still exist. I doubt any threads existed prior to T5 that said, "Hey devs make sure we can steamroll whatever new T5 content you release" I would love to read a thread of any date of that sort. So I don;t know where you get your information from, it sounds like you are making it up based on your own subjective expectations to me. We must not be reading the same forums.
  9. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

The problem is, Dump Truck, you can't learn the tells when you can't see them. And on the PS3 side, more often than not, you can't see them due to the glitches in the game graphics.

So it boils down to one of two things: either fix the graphics or make the raids less reliant on tells by nerfing it.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

I agree with you. I'm happy that right now the only change is the telegraphs of the one-shot attacks. I think this will aide players in learning how to defeat this content and I am glad they are currently not changing other aspects.

They are making an 86 vender too (it's in the facebook photos from the DCUO presentation at SOE) so they certainly listened to players concerns. I heard a rumor that they are making the rare 87cr gear 88cr instead to keep the raid drops worthwhile - but I can't confirm that. If that entails a stat boost, it will be more like earning the 'Helm' and thus be more like you suggested as Epic being the new Legendary.
  11. TrueOlympus New Player

Did I say that The community wanted easy content? No. Did I not say that the forums are literally a representation of the vocal minority? Everyone who visits these forums habitually is a literal part of the vocal minority because as we all should know by know: The forums takes up a very small part of the DCUO community. To believe otherwise would be stubbornness. The test server is an even smaller minority.

Do you not understand what I am trying to convey? The forums are the vocal minority(literally). The test server is a smaller version of the forums(literally, the same people who post on the testing feedback, post on the forums). So how does that give foundation to your argument that the majority of the community wanted this? You seem to be inclined to use Threads and dates and discussions to back up your argument... BUT that's not the point, and is in fact reinforcing my own.

The Forums. Are. The. Vocal. Minority.
    • Like x 1
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I play on the ps3 and the tells are there. You guys are playing to far back to see them. You can easily be mid range in these fights making the tells easier to see.

If you playing as DPS I consider Personal Damping Fields a must have as I can save myself from many an AoE or one shot just using one of these without seeing the tell before hand.
  13. Dump Truck New Player

Once I learned what the tells were, I have not experienced an issue with the tells ever in any of these raids except from the final boss of Nexus not showing the skull over his head - and this was because I was at too far of range.

I have experienced disappearing allies, invisible orbs (blue ones in Paradox tunnels), invisible orbs (to lower the Sentry's shield) that also fall through the floor, invisible orbs blasted out of the warrior, etc. But almost never the one shot tells - which in most all cases is the boss will look directly at whomever they are attacking before they attack. When the boss is looking right at you (and you are not the tank) that is your que to be on notice.

I agree though, and strongly, that the graphical glitches in these new raids are plentiful and hopefully are a priority for the developers to fix. I'm hoping the fix to these is not, go buy a PS4.
  14. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It's funny I see 0 support from the people happy about the nerfs in the threads where people have posted in arkham detailing problems with the raids.

I see a lot of people wanting a hand out for easier content instead of rallying to fix the actual problems.
    • Like x 1
  15. UltraElite Dedicated Player

This is what i used at first, then i changed to the Static Grenade 5. (i wasnt a fan of Static Grenade 4, and was hesitant to try SGV)

As a DPS, Im using the SG more than i did the PDF.

a quick 500-700 damage with almost no cooldown is pretty nice

though the PDF saved me quite a few times

if u dont know the Boss tells or u have survivability issues, then PDF is definitely the better option
  16. Dump Truck New Player

I don;t disagree that the forums are maybe 10% of the player base... if that much. What I am saying is, where do you get your information from that those who wanted no challenge in this game are the silent majority? You were the one that stated 'subjective' as a criticism, not me. So where did you come up with your information from? What proof do you have? Can you prove it? No, you can't. You're not captain of the social committee. Nor are you the Lorax who speaks to the trees? That's like saying, "You might believe 2+2 is 4 and only those in the vocal minority who agree with you are echoing it. That is where you get your subjective opinion from. However, I speak to the silent majority and we unanimously agree that 2+2 is 5."

So where you are using subjectivity as the basis for your criticism of my opinions, you are following that up with an opinion that is 100% subjective and has no evidence to back up the claim. If you can find me something, anything, a video, a blog post, a recording, or even a forum post, where players stated prior to release "I hope/want T5 content can be steamrolled by everybody with little or no challenge". I will swallow my words. At least you can see where people stated they wanted a challenge before T5 was released and thanked them for it while on test.

Point is, you're not chair of the social committee and you don;t speak to the trees. You criticize my opinions as being subjective then back up your statement with the mother of all subjective and unprovable claims. You can't back up any claim that a silent majority of players wanted no challenge in T5 content and only a vocal majority did. After all, they are silent.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

LOL
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I still would like to point to the Rebels group that asked for help on how to beat Nexus. Myself and Nexgen came in and showed them how we are doing it and things they need to look at if they want to beat it.

After running with them and showing them how to play it correctly they seem to be able to beat it on their own on a more regular basis.

This is what people should be doing, not assuming that the content is the problem, that maybe just maybe they are doing things wrong compared to what others are doing to make it look easy. There are many many skilled players that post here and are very free with giving advice on how to improve and how to beat whatever aspect of any raid, all you have to do is ask and not come with this "it can't be me that is the problem" attitude
    • Like x 1
  19. Dump Truck New Player

I refuse to believe this. This game is 'play your way' and "I am the next super hero" it is bugs and glitches that I cannot solo these T5 raids and clearly they must be fixed. I wish to play this game by being omnipotent and undefeatable - it is either bugged or false advertising that I cannot. If it is bugged and if you make one claim, just one, that it has anything to do with how I choose to play, you are an elitist. Why? Because I play my way and should be able to beat anything playing my way.

I have tried throughout this thread to tell players that they are playing things wrong. Obviously they are because the devs are not changing the one shots, only the tells to be more delayed. Why are they changing this? Because many players have not learned how to play through this new content and legnthening the tells will aide them in learning. Unfortunately, players clearly refuse to hear it.

"God forbid if someone states that I have not learned how to play through the content. Even though it's true, I am still the greatest. Questioning my greatness is a direct assault on me. And unbeknownst to truth, if someone states anything that I have not learned how to do, and should be naturally entitled to based of my very existence, I will unleash hell's fury through name calling by accusing THEM of elitism. I will follow that up by calling THEM the name caller. Why? Because even questioning me is a direct assault on my perfection as a player of this game." LOL

There are guides on how to defeat the content within these forums, which you and I have both contributed to at length. I contribute heavily to your thread on the loot tables and how to get what drops and often run players through these new raids. Yet this makes me an elitist. Why? Because after countless failed pugs I am stating exactly what players are doing incorrectly. LOL

"Hey, did you know you have a milk moustache?"

"Quiet you without milk on your upper lip. You are nothing but an ELITIST all proud of your accomplishment of keeping your upper lip free of milk."

It's hysterical. Fine, I'm an elitist then. Sounds more like bitterness, frustration, jealousy, arrogance, entitlement, and perhaps a few others in some combination or another from others than any form elitism on my part.
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

The tells are there in the raids although not all the animations for the tells render for everyone so they can be difficult to see at times unless you know all the animations from playing the raids quite a few times. The issue here becomes that because the visuals (blue pulsing from the drone, red haze over the head of the boss, shields, white puddles, etc.) don't render for everyone that if you don't have multiple people calling things out then it becomes a cluster f really quick.

In pugs it can elevate the issue of not seeing visuals to an extreme level because the people don't know each other and aren't familiar with each others play styles and/or communication methods. Some people say 'hand' to indicate a one shot may be incoming from a boss or some may say 'hand' to indicate the boss is about to pull the group. Also there is no time to say block currently in pugs. By the time you see the tell and say block the attack is already happening so it's key that everyone can see and understand the animation tells since communicating when you are seeing those is moot.

The Devs have looked at the data and are finding that the hardcore players (a lot of the forum community) are either consistently beating the raids, consistently beating the raids through glitching them, or are still struggling to beat them. They are finding the casual players are almost all struggling to beat not only the raids, but also the Operations and Anomolies. Based on that and I'm sure less in marketplace sales for replay's that means that for people glitching the raids, people struggling to beat them even in full T5, and for the people not beating them that the content is too challenging. Since this subset of people is the majority of the playerbase of this game they are trying to make adjusts to the content to still leave it challenging to most but easier for more to accomplish.

They were pretty clear at SOE Live that future content will not cater to the hardcore people like this one did.
    • Like x 2