Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

People keep saying this most notably LT, yes they are removing power regen and AMs.

If you watched the stream or read the announcement you would see they plan on putting in a different kind of way to regen power. Either know what you're saying before you speak or don't.

Also they said they are reworking how much every power costs to use so you likely have a power pool that is much more efficient.
    • Like x 3
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

What if you put a lot of SPs into Might and Health and Vitality. 0o.... and then it may be like AM but with any power ability you want to use in your loadout??

League proficiencies+Base/Lair Generator mods+Elite Gear Mods+High Quality Gear mods+trinkets+soder+skilled player = can nearly do as well as they have been doing with AM+beta gear mods+elite gear mods+league proficiencies+trinkets+soders? but it might take 2 minutes longer?
  3. MrJinggles Level 30

Ok so you just made Light, and Electric worthless as DPS, because for the most part Light relied heavily on WM just to compete against other powers in DPS.
    And the same went for Electric which still needs allot of work for both damage, heal and power return.
    I can't help but feel that this is a nerf.
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Like this guy. Please go watch the stream or re read the announcement. If you still think this way then i cant help you.

Light does not use WM to keep up....
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you watched the stream you should know that Avair said they want the power regen to work in a way that people have the option to work completely from their power tray or to use a combination of weapons and powers. /argument
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I actually like pet dpsing. I can make a noncookie cutter loadout and still look good on scorecard. On my gadget I clip all the time so I don't really see a return to clipping. Certain powers currently require them.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They've said it'll be the next thing on Test, so I would think 2-3 weeks would be a good estimation.
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

So... HL is Garbo without WM huh.

Hmm interesting.

Funny I know of a player that is HL, and it was not a power he ran with for long and does pretty well with it too.

They never mentioned using any weapon with it, is this something new.

Just curious because...he beat others that beat a more seasoned HL player in a raid, with the same group.

Are there any other skilled HL players on these forums that can verify what your saying about HL.

This is the place , well not this thread, but the forums should be a place to find good guides and info, but it sure does not look that way.

Do share your rotation.
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

removing CR differential, AM bonus, and WM bonus is a nerf. No doubt. It's taking it back to pre GU 47. Although it keeps the WM combos. Maybe the power at the end of the combo is not as buffed as it was?? They said you still hear the shwing and see the orb when you achieve the WM combo to power use. AM was so very easy mode for vets. Newbs have no idea about it.

AM and WM was a very limiting alternative to DPS roles. DCUO has lots of DPS users. *role optional alert setting*

All changes spoken of are potentially subject to change and perhaps WM will continue to half power costs to support roles???

the basis for new systems are being put in place so that they can be more easily altered in the future. I hope they can achieve the level or trail and error in short cycles like Warframe does. :oops: Take bold chances now and then when doing damage 2.0; movement 2.0; etc. its a mmo. it will never be the same as it was at launch. i think that is applicable to all mmos.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I've never seen a Light player use weapon mastery, let alone rely on it. Electricity is going to fare a lot better against other powers now. The problem with Electricity was that it had a very long set up time for its AM. No AMs for any power = closer damage.

If lower numbers from your damage = a nerf in your eyes, then yes it probably is. But you also have to remember that all stats, NPCs included, are being adjusted. Bosses had hugely inflated health pools to account for the massive damage done by AMs. Those health pools will likely be dramatically reduced to account for the lower damage we'll be doing.
    • Like x 2
  11. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I hate it also!!! You are not alone, unfortunately those of us who hate it normal don't bother coming onto the forums, so our voice is not heard.

Yes they do, but in the form of Trolls, Sodas, supply drops. but that does not solve the problem. The Devs have dropped the ball on this whole thing when all they had to do is roll back the Cr differential, and continued power reworks. I have a suspicion that the devs had no clue how to fix DOT and Pet powers so we will now all suffer.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

While other MMOs have nothing to do with DCUO. If Dcuo wants to encourage/enforce team play then obviously dps cannot be 10X more powerful than any other role.

When I logged in last week and ran KCT for the first time the raid was done in under 9 minutes. Not only was other boring but it was a complete dps zerg fest.

That type of content does not properly define a MMO, that defines moreso a single player rpg
    • Like x 3
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No LT, no. Not in the form of any of those. Separate from those. They will have a way as an individual player will be able to regen their own power at some level. Stop
  14. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Did you miss the part where he implied you will need sodas and supply drops to keep your power up?
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but pet DPSing gets boring after a good week or so of doing it IMO.

then again after playing for 4-5 yrs with little to no breaks everything seems boring AF atm :oops:
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, it most certainly does not. They have already been working on the stats revamp for the better part of a year. The majority of the abilities in every power set have already had their base damage balanced, which means minimal rebalancing will have to go into those. There will not be another two years of balancing damage.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

At this point I honestly think your posts just amount to irrational fear.

Let's wait until we see what drops on test shall we.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Did you miss the part where that's been part of the game since day one?
    • Like x 2
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Is there going to be an Offline mode?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Let me do solos and environment missions with less lag than being teamed with that enemy faction in group content. (yes, i know in solo missions i am solo and that in environment missions that the enemy factions will not be helping me. I mentioned enemy faction because when i am in those instances the lag is at its worst.)

I hate the thought of being teamed with a PS3 user.
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Implied? Those will always be and have been a way to regen power that is nothing new. He clearly stated they are working on a way SEPERATE from those that an individual can regen power. Your gripe is baseless
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.