Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

There is already a difference between a 175 ice dps with 60 sp to same ice dps with 200 sp. This will now increase futher with the new system.
    Just go play LPvE with someone that knows how to clip weapon attacks use trinket/cola to clip attacks vs someone that doesn't have a clue what's that and see if there is a huge difference or not, just like with people that uses AM vs the ones that don't.

Edit: What's worse is that with Support roles being closer in damage to DPS, a lot of Support roles will outdps some dps which will be even worse.
    • Like x 2
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

Am I wrong to assume that dps powers will get nerfed by 50% since the max damage will be gone and we'll have the 10% damage buff/bonus ?

If I'm right , then you people who work for this game believe that only very few players will get frustrated and leave this game?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, you are wrong to assume that. It's actually a drop of just over 31%. With Max Damage now you do 160% of your regular damage. Dropping the bonus from 60% down to 10% means your powers will do 110% their normal damage. The 50% that you take away from the 160% to make it 110% is a loss of only 31% of the whole number after the damage modifier has been applied in the current game. Math is fun! (And math is also not my strong point, so if I'm wrong in saying that and someone is better versed in mathematics do feel free to correct me)

That being said they are redoing every number in the game. We won't know what damage will be until it hits test. At the end of the day though, the number you see when your power hits doesn't really matter. Those numbers were HIGHLY inflated with AMs in comparison to when we were making regular powers hit harder with WM.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh ALOT of players will leave. There's no doubt. At the same time though, many will return, and any new players we get will be attuned to this new system so we can start getting better quality end game players.

Out with the old, in with the new.
    • Like x 4
  5. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

This basically sums up how I feel right now about this update:
    • Like x 2
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

While I generally like these changes, anyone who thinks we'll get better quality end game players with them is kidding themselves lol. End game players have been absolutely terrible for the most part going back to at least February 2012 when I started. It's always been more miss than hit lol. These changes won't change that fact at all. As far as how many will actually return, I'm hopeful but have my doubts because most of those who left already are gone for good, and many others who left left for reasons totally different than what these changes actually address. Depending on how these changes get implemented, it will be either another mass exodus or the shot in the arm that this game so desperately needs. I'm hopeful for the latter, but that remains to be seen.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are going to lock this up now that the discussion has mostly wrapped. Thank you for your feedback, and we'll look forward to sharing more details about this revamp as it approaches the test server.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.