Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Good to know,I really think this matter would be squashed if we had more info on how power management will work.I know they are still working out the matter so maybe they actually don't have an answer but I still feel we should be able to play off the tray if we wanted to somehow.I implore the devs to take into consideration that some of us actually still want to do that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Roocck Committed Player

If this is true, would that be for each weapon tree? Or is it for all?
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Weapon tree is now going to be separate to Skill trees.
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

weapon tree and stats got separated ...
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Hey look. More changes the devs are flip flopping on.

Oh I remember when all these changes went live. How they were going to help bring power balance to the game. How they were suppose to smooth out the leveling process. Pretty much all the reasons they are changing everything back are the same reasons we were given when they were changing them in the 1st place.

This game is the very definition of insanity.
    • Like x 2
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

And nothing you named is relevant anywhere. Trolls, healers, and individual breakouts cover everything else you listed as a tank "duty." It's only raids that even really call for a tank and then only endgame. I see nothing stated that will ever fix that since it's a core issue of how the game works.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

thats right , u will need 400sp to maximize a role.
  8. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I said it should be touched upon lol.
    you should read thoroughly next time. :p

I never disagreed lol.. there's nothing that expands on the different things they bring to the table, and it should change. That's the point of my post.
  9. Streven Dedicated Player

Dude seriously?
  10. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Lol. Again they need to touch up on tanks too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

This news has tempted me to post again. I know Mepps will be thrilled. (Thanks for reading my question on the stream, btw.)

I would like some clarification on something. It was stated that SP gain weight as your CR increases. Avair boosted his toon near the end of the stream and the benefit of his next SP spent increased. Does that mean that, for example, the fifth point (5/170) placed into a stat at CR170 will be worth more than the fifth point placed into a stat at CR30?

I am still not a fan of feats granting stats of any kind or that there is not a standard number/cap on available SP. If the number steadily increases with no cap, creep will always be an issue and will create balancing issues forever.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

SP get more valuable the more skill points you spend, not based on CR.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

The resources spent changing combat, in an MMO with the best combat in the market (2013), were unnecessary and the path should have been avoided entirely by any good manager. Rather those resources should have been spent balancing the state of the game that we had back in 2013 which was still leaps and bounds better than where it is now. This is so reminiscent of previous MMOs right before they were shut down with SOE being at the helm for some. The game in 2013 was the most populated I've seen it and it was by far the most fun. The DLC being released was quality and even considered a value at it's price point (WotL Pt1 was the last good DLC.). Can you truthfully say that it's still a value? No, really. Go play the Origin Crisis DLC with Family Reunion, Brothers in Arms, Nexus of Reality and Paradox Wave and then play the disaster that is the Wayne Manor instance or maybe the Iceberg Lounge . The new "content" by far the worst I've seen in any recent MMO. My kid sister could think of a better plot during her lunch hour.

The game had lost so many players since AM and WM were introduced and the disaster of "Balancing" that came afterwards. DCUO
    will not gain those players back. This is why it's considered waste and why it's impact is so great.

It's ok to have a different opinion. In this case, there is only truth. The game has not benefitted from wasting resources on mid range, weapon mastery and advanced mechanic. It was not planned very well and that's why it failed so hard. Having a plan and investing in that plan is one thing but investing in a half baked concept is one hundred percent waste.
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'm still trying to figure out what non-combo powers are actually going to be doing now, with AMs removed.

Will it be more like Legends ? Do a weapon combo, a power or 2, another weapon combo, etc. ? Just kinda random ?

I know this is impossible, but I feel like every powerset should have combos now.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Why not? AG has a decent range + can cancel out of it to block in situations like in LB BBS + it doesnt have the bar that MUST play out.
  16. Streven Dedicated Player

This is pure speculation on your part. None of the information given so far confirms anything that you just said. Really all your post indicated was they kind of game you want and the attitudes you have towards other players
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

Depending in what they actually do with all the numbers. We will see.
  18. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Yo Mepps I have a question SIR? Will we be able to old school dps with QUANTUM since it has that 1234 combo? I mean old school dps with like gravity well clipped with time warp with weapon clipping ending with tachyon blast (example)......etc. Can you answer this please....will it be like having 2 options to dps for power interactions?
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

Maybe, maybe not. When they say they're changing ALL the numbers...that's what they mean. Everything is changing. It's impossible to truly make the prediction you just made until we see the actual product.

Skilled players will adapt and still be skilled but they won't stand out as much anymore according to the devs official explanation. Sounds kind of like the opposite of what you just said.
  20. Realsaiyin Active Player

Thanks for choosing a path a lot people think is the correct one, and specially because you think is the correct one and not being led by people on the forum's opinions.

A few things to have in mind when you do the balance:

Remember each weapon has different critical % just for equipping it, so make it that they all have the same or remove it, or some solution you think it's better.

When hardlight starts its combos, due to its AM, during 4 seconds it does only like 2 or 3 hits when it should do like 5 or 6. If people will be able to use any power they want, this should be taken into consideration because they will start a combo and not hit like they should.

Last but not least, if we will be able to mix weapon and powers, tap range may be something really common, so consider that rifle has an aoe tap, so it should be split so that adding all enemies' received damage equals one tap of any other weapon.

Thanks again for these changes.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.