Dev Confirmed Allies = Power Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BathroomPapi, Apr 16, 2024.

1. BathroomPapi Level 30

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ally-john-stewart.331229/page-5#post-4636521

We should be alot more upset by this. The fact they can’t balance powers, arts, and Allies on their own is hilarious. What’s not funny is that it falls on us and our money.

Also the only thing that needs balancing is super speed and prec, and if you wanna get honest, art swapping is a major problem.

But I’ll just sit here and drink some coffee while the swap defenders pour in and start screaming
    • Like x 2
  2. kallader Committed Player

Not sure to understand..-it falls on us and our money.
    You can get 500 sources mark really fast not sure why someone would pay cash for something that you can easily get free
  3. Wiccan028 New Player

I haven't used the ally system enough to truly understand the full money talk but perhaps raising the legendary ones (which is where I would assume the problem is,, my krypto is almost max rank but hes not legendary) is where that comes in.

I would imagine from a different point view this game is far less alt friendly (technically) than it used to be on a variety of fronts but hey that happens I guess.
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Its the same way as with Artifacts. You can grind to level it, which takes some time (unless you already have a lot of Ally Favor stored) or you can pay and level it immediatly (buying Ally Favor and Catalysts from the Marketplace)
    Its players choice and nobody is forcing anyone to buy it with real money.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah 500 marks isn’t hard to get and fast… how bout the amount of ally favori you need … how quick is it to get that to max out a legendary ally.

Sorry fixing the issues with our powersets shouldn’t be hidden behind a paywall or waiting to get the needed materials to level up and ally through the free means within the game. The fix should be from the devs actually going into the powerset and fixing the issues that have been discussed time and time again.

This is definitely a fix with the hopes you’ll cave and just pay the amount needed to level the ally.
    • Like x 2
  6. kallader Committed Player

Again you have to pay nothing if you actually play the game so the paywall argument not working here. If you run instance and omni getting all free is really easy and for ally Favor you drop so many of them running stuff than I have maxed them and I have Ally on 18 character full level. So if you actually pay cash you do something wrong or not running stuff at all.[IMG]
  7. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

1: it takes months, maybe even a year to level an ally to max level without spending money in any capacity. No sub, no favor, none of that.
    2: Having that much ally favour is hard to come by on its own unless you have no allies or dont care for new ones. Show us a list of your allies and then we will see why you have 1m favour.
    3: You either have low level allies, use bots to farm favour, spend money on them, exploited a glitch, or no life the game.

No one is able to no life this game to the extreme to get 1m favour. life gets in the way of that. work, basic needs, everything
    • Like x 3
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

You're being dishonest, because those Destiny tokens imply you are a paying member. If you were F2P, you only get 1 token per month, and there's no way you've played 40 months without using a single one. And if by the extreme case you have, then you shouldn't be part of this discussion since you aren't leveling artifacts or allies judging by that currency inventory.
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

If #WINNING is your priority, play the meta. If it’s not, play what you want. There are optimal loadouts and rotations in just about every MMO. “We” are perfectly fine over here, sounds like you’re just trying to stir up trouble without putting any skin in the game. Say “I,” it’s okay to have an opinion…even if it doesn’t get you upvotes.
    • Like x 4
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sounds like they're NOT doing what it is you say they're doing, at least not specifically and intentionally.

As for rebalancing prec, if you mean so that more weapons and combos are viable, then absolutely! If you mean to nerf it as a whole...well...the only people who think prec dps is stronger than might dps are might DPS's who aren't very good at might DPSing.
    • Like x 2
  11. BathroomPapi Level 30

Love when people say this.

Why would you play a game to not do well? Just play dress up and fight the same level 30’s over and over? Sorry but that’s the definition of sad
    • Like x 1
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

The point is, you shouldnt have to play the meta to win. Not at all. There is a meta in every game, doesnt mean you HAVE to play the meta to win.
    Perfect example being i can be a battle healer in raids. Yet i can beat dps in damage when they run 120 artifacts and a meta loadout.
    Battle healers are far from a meta in a raid, i can still out damage a mid level dps due to knowledge of the game, my build and encounters. We still do the content, we win, no need to be meta.
    You should be able to beat the content by playing how you want in a team.
    If you are a dps and wanna single target? Go do that
    Wanna battle tank? go do it
    Want to be a battle healer/troll? Go for it.

The only thing that should be a factor is you doing your role correctly, with the right knowledge, right intentions and playing as a team.
    Powers that are heavily under performing should be buffed to the point where they can compete with the meta. Having a stale meta for months, years even sucks so much. Think back to advanced mechanics with gadgets. Think back to EoG healing, think of the current strat,trans, quizlet meta for prec, or the strat,trans,quizlet/grim/solar for might.
    • Like x 1
  13. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Hes a paying member or has spent money on the game. he has no escrow cash.
    • Like x 1
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Crazy how you left. This part out of the quote
    which is basically him admitting that they are in fact using Ally’s to rebalance powers or help rebalance since doing a power rebalance is way more work…

Crazy
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

They should never really be fixing power imbalances via allies, that shouldn't even be partly true.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

He's saying that in the absence of the ability to provide a proper long term comprehensive solution, they are doing what they can to provide smaller, short term fixes.

If one was to have an accident that resulted in a heavily bleeding severe laceration, I would hope they would have enough sense to apply a short term solution such as splashing some disinfectant on there and wrapping it up before heading to the hospital for proper stitches, sterilization and bandaging. Those ER waiting room times can be reeeaaaally long and sepsis or outright bleeding out is no bueno.
  17. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

Then they should be blue allies.
  18. kallader Committed Player

The pic is from my low level girl alt I take screenshot when reach the limit while been on her running last episode boss and for token I just never waste a single yet in case they eventually sell something big for many token in the future like I say I have multiple character so if I need something I just loot it. If you run omni on all alt you will have more resources than you can waste
    [IMG][IMG]
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Perhaps. Or even Epic/purple. That's a fair criticism and suggestion for a better solution to the issue.
    • Like x 1
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Ii would say for ally’s they are fixing power set issues for now til we get actual fixes yo the power sets that are well over due for fixes then these allys need to be in the rare/blue category … im not suggesting putting John Stewart there put him in epic or legendary.

But they could use characters like titanic trinton, fortress of solitude bots brainiac bots etc to make them rare pretty generic characters with the needed temporary fixes. That way we can get the fixes leveled up easily and outbid the way for legendary or iconic ones we really want like Shazam or future Lex Zod zatanns bwl etc and someone who has clout with the devs should be suggesting stuff like this.