Dear Devs:- so my concerns with this new DLC/structure of the game.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, May 19, 2017.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

There is a lot of early game episodes that would be awesome to play. But as someone who has leveled up 8+ alts to endgame, I can tell you that Jackster is right, in a way. You can't appreciate it because you're stuck doing solos every day. Alerts almost never pop, and raids even worse. Even shouts on LFG for raids to run for feats in lower tiers take over 30 mins and usually result in disbanding the few that respond. So, yeah, if I was only playing one toon and got stuck at T5 and couldn't run anything, I would probably quit too. I remember how long it took to level my first toon to endgame.

Major events were great for alts, and new players. But they did devalue membership, so they're not a solution to keeping subs (many of which are at endgame) subbed. I like that the devs are adapting based on feedback (and money lost, lol). I hate to say it, but offering significant rewards for running older content clamped at max CR would be a great way to get everyone playing together.

But how can you make rewards appealing without altering the gear chase and marks from endgame content (and therefore messing with prices)? No idea. Maybe make certain rewards (like OP pieces or special style items) purchaseable for marks instead of war bonds, etc. But have them cost a lot of marks. Then give marks from all content qued through group finder (which clamps you to max CR), so people would want to run older raids, etc. Of course, they would probably just group and que with league members, so maybe that wouldn't help new players anyway.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Or have rotating max-CR clamped daily alerts/duos and weekly Raids that would award both marks and some endgame currency.
  3. Fies Committed Player

Its probably not about low level players actually complaining I guess. Besides the not so clear wording (players vs characters vs members) in the explanatory part the overall context is pretty clear imo. Dedicating development to endgame players is seemingly hard to justify regarding population numbers and structure. Theres no lack of content for new/low players ofc but at the same time the older content seemingly doesnt create that MMO atmosphere Jackster sees as vital. The instance based design adds to this. Therefore these "events" are supposed to create that atmosphere of fast queues and liveliness for everyone and thus keeping DCUO alive. Just look at the new free for all "open world" with (temporal) up-clamps following that scheme.
    I dont share Jacksters view and approach but at the same time I dont know the actual numbers or the overall (short/mid) goals he has to follow. For me (personally) the result of Jackster's work is "pay more to get less" which is highly unattractive.
    I really appreciate Jackster's response although I dont like its content and outlook. This game isnt for me anymore. Admittedly it wasnt for me for quite some time now though.
    • Like x 1
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

While I know many like clamped, I however do not. I do not do the daily grind to get to max cr to only be clamped. When I need some simple or complex material to sit in content for 30+ minutes. Clamped content is not what the problem is. When there is a bigger issue at hand.

Veterans leaving the game and I don't mean just one. While I appreciate Jack taking the time to respond to this thread, but there has been so many made by so many other people to the state of the game.

It took the community finally coming together to have Daybreak make any kind of changes to the new DLC, which in hindsight some think it was a great change when in fact it was a double edged sword :rolleyes:
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

So im not sure where to post this. But its a concern for sure. So mepps quoted me the other night saying we were going to 1 daily in each area from 3 in each area. Now i see after todays hotfix one 411 add mission was removed, or i guess it was combined into 1 mission for both areas. Also the command and control mission has been retired.

So with the daily reduction we lost 28 marks per week and the lowered gear cost on the vendor reflected that. But now 2 weeklies are gone. Which is another 16 marks. 44 marks per week removed. So does the gear cost reflect those weekly marks being removed? Cause before we got 143 marks per week and it was going down to 115. Wpns got reduced to 140 from 200. Both ways it took 1.5 weeks to get a wpn. Now we get 99 marks a week which is still 1.5 weeks for a weapon. Im just wondering why we were told dailies were being reduced but then weeklies got reduced too?

I guess i just wish the communication was better. Im sure someone is gonna say they changed their mind. Id love to hear the devs explain it instead of players making excuses. Not criticizing the devs here, id just like to hear why the marks seem to have been reduced even more. This is what i noticed when i logged in. I could be wrong about the #s tho. Thats also why im asking to hear what exactly happened.
    • Like x 1
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

ill never pay to open boxes...ill sub ill broker...but no more sub +replay+box money=me playing...no more....and if that means Im the one with the least amount of SP or I dont have the prettiest aura while fighting in Gothams gutters oh Fing welll...
  7. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

It's more of the same behavior. They say they are making a change the community asked for and then they make an additional change that no one asked for & no one wanted. This kind of behavior has such a negative impact on player morale, yet they continue to do this and then wonder why people leave in droves after changes are made.
  8. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I HATE CLAMPING! If you want to run clamped then DCUO should make it OPTIONAL in older raids. Sure give the clamped guys full marks if they choose that option, let me blow the enemies away with my full powered abilities. I'm more than likely only there for a feat or style anyway, not the marks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The dailies are still being adjusted/will be adjusted in the next hotfix. The previous messaging is still accurate.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yesterday, I kept completing the three daily missions for each of the two areas, and every time I finished the set of three, the message would pop back up telling me to report to the three mission-givers to do the three missions. Again.

I did each of the three missions in both areas three times, but the pop-up command would always return as soon as I completed the three.

The map indicators for the mission-givers were all very buggy, as well. They kept persisting after missions were obtained, making it confusing figuring out when one should return for a new mission and when one shouldn't because you're done.

FWIW, I've also never been able to get my third weapon style to stop being Cosmic. It's just stuck on that setting no matter what I do. It's been like that since the first day I got the Cosmic Material. Yes, these are two unrelated bugs. I find the bug-reporting mechanism somewhat confusing to decipher and I lack patience to do so.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok. Im getting 3 dailies in war torn and 1 in area 51. Is that the correct thing? Also ive had both 411 mission counting on my screen. It looked like they were combined into 1 mission right?
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, I understand, but if you see the post above, I was responding to Jackster's comment that they need a way to engage both Vets and new players. End game content is great, but it's true that when you're leveling up an alt, queues absolutely do not pop, almost ever. Imagine if you're a new player, stuck at T5. How much of the game's content can you experience? Why would you even consider purchasing a DLC if you can't even play the missions in it? So, my suggestion was a way to get Vets involved in older content in a rewarding way. Any other suggestions about how to make that happen (lower queues to pop) is absolutely welcome.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, that's why I said rotating clamped lower tier content. Like located in the events tab perhaps. Otherwise you can just queue like normal for the raids and alerts, which wouldn't be clamped (but wouldn't give marks either).
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The 411s are combined into one if you didn't already have both missions. You get a free one this week. I noticed the 3 dailies in war torn and was wondering the same thing.
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

At this point so many players have left the game, with changes they made Not what we asked for or wanted. I wonder if it is a little to late now. I still feel they are going to do whatever they want which is fine it is a business I do understand that, but when you drive so many customers away because of not listening to your customers needs then when do you take responsibility for those actions. This year alone the direction of the game has chased away so many people it is just insane :(
    • Like x 3
  16. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

That is something I am okay with. As long as I am not being forced into being clamped. I'd be happy even if it was a toggle option under settings or in the events when you queue up.
    • Like x 1
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

I am so lost with all these changes, I know people wanted less of a grind will the cost of the gear be reduced as well ? we are getting 44 marks less weekly I believe if my math is correct ?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1