Deadman Can't Jump

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ForeverMan, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What does completely changing the way the game works have to do with good raid design?
    • Like x 5
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Fixed that for you.

LOL. When replying to me, remember that I don't have problems jumping at all.

However, you seem to believe that everyone is / should be like you and I. You have apparently never watched my friend's girlfriend (who likes to play MMOs with him, but HATES Mario Bros.) or my mom (who loves video games but similarly HATES MARIO) or a lot of other friends, play video games.

You didn't actually reply to anything I said in my post actually. You just apparently wanted to use it as a platform to repeat the exact same thing you said before. I'll give you another try.
    • Like x 6
  3. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I took a typing class back in high school (girls were expected to, to be better secretaries when we grew up), and have worked in an office environment for a long time. Thanks for the compliment! ^_^
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They took away the use of our movement modes in one raid and then asked us to jump from platform to platform...not quite exactly "completely changing the way the game works" (GU36-47 and the stats revamp changed more than this one instance did, and it still wasn't a complete change). I don't know about good raid design, but what I do know is that this raid for me has been more fun than anything i've run since Amazon Fury 2...so while it's far from perfect, it's a step in a better direction in my eyes.
    • Like x 2
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i especially liked the scooby doo vibe from the haunted house of mystery in brotherhood of the arcane, and now knowing that portals are in fact random, i doubt i'd have nearly as much trouble with shattered gotham as before (now that i can actually be mindful to avoid certain teleporter clouds).
    • Like x 1
  6. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Spot on.
    • Like x 2
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Ever consider I was genuinely curious as to what issues people were having with the platforming? Hence why I asked? How would someone failing 20 times lead me to believe they have some kind of impairment? Unless they said something. I'm not sure what your comment has to do with anything.

If someone has an impairment, that's understandable. If that's the case people can help them, provide them with helpful hints that might make the instance easier. My point is just saying THIS RAID IS BAD, without providing why there are issues is problematic. So instead of being snarky and providing zero help, why don't you actually leave some useful feedback?
    • Like x 6
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]

My apologies for not supplying additional information. I assumed you see things like this happening and ask questions and/or lend help. Here's a screenshot of the 20 deaths (from a premade group). Yes, I did purposely die a few times to try to guide this player along (2 were from falling not intentionally...my character gets hard to maneuver at times when making turns and jumps). I'm the 2nd from the bottom because the other 6 stopped caring. I gave him some pointers that I read from the forums. He died at least 12 times on the very first jump. I asked if he had any impairments preventing him from doing what elites call easy. He said Yes. No, I didn't ask for details. He eventually made it to the first boss with the help of me and 2 other players, including me getting reinvited back twice into the instance to start over in the beginning one last time for guidance and another because PC DCUO crashing.

As far as giving useful feedback, I suggested having on-screen markers for the event version to give players an idea of the suggested path (like in The Division). Other form of feedback is encouraging players to get on the forums and give feedback of the jumping mechanics (otherwise i'm sure the higher-ups will accept this as okay going forward).
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"They took away the use of our movement modes..."

Sounds like completely changing the way the game works to me.
    • Like x 3
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Are you saying that having movement mode disabled, change the way the game works?
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Would not being able to use your armories change the way the game works?
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not having access to additional specs or being able to change roles is severely different from not being able to use your movement mode in one raid. What a desperate reach. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  13. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

On Bunny Hopping as a Superpower. Well..did the raid for the first time yesterday...died 25 times ...not once from combat, just falling off the stupid edges...over and over. In 10 weeks plus a day I will celebrate my 69th birthday. Perhaps the old hand-eye coordination just isn't as good as it once was. But this one is just simply ridiculous. If they put in something where you would automatically get to the next fight after 10 deaths...maybe. But even when they added the Pop-Up points where you got "sproinged" up...you can still fall off. Finally with a LOT of patience on the part of the other raid members and an extra Xanax, we got it done. Thank you for making the concept of Super Powers utterly absurd. Platforming once or twice might be ok but through an entire LONG path is just dumb.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Oh my....I HATED that Toyman mission...hated it. Getting old (69 y/o come June), hand eye coordination is shot. Never got it done. Finally got it done ONCE, never never never played it again.
    • Like x 2
  15. DCWarrant Level 30

Ran SG 4 times, with groups made of mostly league mates, with a couple pugs. We laughed every time throughout the raid. Laughing at ourselves, and at each other. Even trying to jump at the same time as others to make them plummet to their death. (This was done between league mates).

The first run, one pug died 17 times. From jumping alone, he was laughing right along with us.

Point is, some like it (my league considers it the most entertaining raid since HoH), some don’t. Can’t please everyone all of the time.

Here’s a tip for ppl who struggle. You can jump right as you’re taking the last step off the platform you’re on. Get as close as possible before jumping.
    • Like x 2
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Is this your answer?
  17. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Don't give up! ^_^

I did the raid on an alternate without dying, and doing the jumping parts with one hand. Again, I'm a grandmother, and have arthritis. Yes, it took me longer to move the stick (PlayStation controller), stop near the edge, then make the jump... but I did it. Here's how:

1. Move near the edge of where you're supposed to make the jump, and face your character the direction you want to go.
    2. Jump, and at the highest (or close to the highest) point of the jump, hold the melee attack button.

Thanks to those who posted previously about the lunging technique. I guess if you use a Rifle, you'll have to spend one skill point and one inventory slot, to have a different weapon to switch to if you want to use this technique.

I still really enjoy this raid. Nothing else in the game has gotten my heart and Adrenalin pumping as much as the jumping portion of this raid. I've even squealed a few times in excitement/delight, and laughed at myself as I missed a Constantine portal. Now I'm trying to do the jumping portions "non-stop," like in the Super Mario cell-phone game!

Anyway, if you're having a hard time with it. Just take the time after the raid to practice the jumps. With time, you'll get better, and it will become easier. I'm no better than anyone else out there. If I can do it, you can too! Believe. ^_^
    • Like x 4
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sorry posting off my phone gets annoying at times. xD
  19. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Personally it wasn't that bad for me but i can understand the frustration if some players aren't good at the jump thing, it just takes practice & patience, try running alts in the event raid and use that as your practicing ground.
  20. Ully Committed Player

[IMG]

This is the community right now. Honestly, why is this always the first reaction for some people in this game. If people aren't calling for nerfs in the raids, they're doing it for something else. I'm reading these threads and people are giving up after one or two attempts? Like what? I don't understand this defeatist attitude.

Keep trying until you become familiar with a good route and if you have a good attitude, you'll eventually adapt and make the necessary adjustments.
    • Like x 2