Deadman Can't Jump

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ForeverMan, Mar 29, 2019.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

One or two attempts? Players are posting 15-20 deaths. I even posted a screenshot of someone with twenty deaths and zero damage. Yes, the guy finally made it to first boss.
    • Like x 2
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

looks like there might be hope yet.

3. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

Did the raid last night. Thought it was fun as hell.

I am gonna say that it is a raid. It is supposed to be challenging. To be honest if you can't do it then that's not the Devs fault, it's yours.

Good on the Devs for trying something new.
    • Like x 3
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

you're even blaming the 69 year old folks that replied in this thread earlier?
    • Like x 1
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

Clarification of a future hotfix i quoted above. I have to say this is a decent compromise, but hoping that platforming isn't going to be standard going forward.

6. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

Yes. Correct. It doesnt matter your age, or any differing specification for that matter. Content is content. If you are not good enough to do something in game, then you need to practise it. Not everything is going to be given to people so easily.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

The first time I fell a bunch, by the third on diff alts I only fell once. Its annoying, and pointless but its not all that bad.

One thing I noted is that if someone is at the start and the rest of the team is at one of the waypoints, if that person dies they get ported to the checkpoint. Or at least it happened one time.
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

that's pretty harsh. how do you handle people who cannot jump in your group?
    • Like x 1
  9. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

I wait for them, and see if there is anyway I can help them. I personally have no problems with waiting for anyone at all, but it is a raid, and they are supposed to be hard.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

developers no longer see it that way. a handicap is now in place as of this morning.
  11. Millefune New Player

KK, so I completed the jumping sections after clicking the "auto-run/auto-forward" and did it with only steering and jumping at the right time. I'm not an exceptional person, all I did was learn and practice, and not give up.

I'm with FlyingSheep on this one. I'm on the older side, not quite as old as the 69-year-old gentleman, but I'm a grandmother. If making these simple jumps is giving someone a hard time, they're going to have a hard time with A LOT more things in the game and life. But we're not going to tell the developers to remove "skull attacks," because people have a hard time blocking/rolling at the right time... are we?

[PS: Still can't login with the PSN option. :-( Still getting "Daybreak Auth Error: 44."]
    • Like x 2
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

i just have to agree to disagree. some players have impairments like the guy in the screenshot below. the hotfix will help this impaired player.

• Like x 1
  13. Millefune New Player

I've done it one-handed... if that person can do combat, they shouldn't be impaired enough to not be able to do the jumps if they put in real effort.
    • Like x 1
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

one handed? here's a few cookies, but you'll have to go past the protector:

[IMG]

hitting random enemies with powers that look cool has nothing to do with hand-eye coordination (or other impairments for that matter) of jumping rock platforms.

although the handicap hotfix is already enacted, you are more than welcomed to place these impaired players on ignore.
    • Like x 3
  15. Revoemag Committed Player

I was pulling 360 jumps between platforms, just bouncing around, i was having the time of my life.
    Only one person fell at the cathedral (i fell my 1st time there and had trouble finding my way out) so i went back to help them out.
    Besides that it was a smooth run.
    • Like x 1
  16. Microwave Well-Known Player

omg...

...Roll in mid air

...Quantum tunnel if you're a quantum

...Use ledges. If you get lucky and jump right at the last second you get a little boost and extra lift. This happens anywhere all the time on anything. I think.

...If you're flight use swoop attack to maybe recover from a bad jump. Quantum tunneling also good.

Or you could just roll in mid air.
    • Like x 1
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I use to argue for these types of changes back in the day.

Seem legit claims, people struggling to overcome, content seemed like it was causing stress, people would leave content after a wipe or two.

It was bound to happen as well, they seem to always adjust the content in some fashion or another and I never got to later rounds in SM or actually ran elite content or difficult content at tier outside of A&B when it was relevant or LaW getting the one piece feat before the Nerf to that raid.

I never belong to elite leagues, I have run a few things though with some who were in the player first when SM first was released or before AM and cr differential was introduced.

With all that said, to those that are just introducing themselves to the forum or just getting more involved with the game be warned...

It may seem difficult, it might seem tough or cruel to subject players to these types of mechanics.

It will be frustrating, seems as though the game is taking a turn for the worst, with these types of instances.

It may sound entitled or elite looking down on the masses.

After you reach the Pinnacle of what ever your looking for with this game, when you learn the game and see all that you can see with the mechanics or any of the new mechanics they throw out there...

When you get the SP to the point that the rest is icing and the remainder are not necessary and you can slow walk it.

You will get bored fast.
    • Like x 2
  18. Swamarian Committed Player

It doesn't work? Figuring out where to jump wasn't a problem at all. Getting my character to jump, that was a problem. After her fifth death, I just took to spamming the space bar when I got to the ledge, and that worked. If you didn't have that problem, that's great, but for some of us, the mechanic's just clunky.
    (I also play Warframe, where bullet jumping's the way to go for fast map traversal. I may not be the fastest, but I have no problem getting around, so I don't think that it's me, or my computer.)
    • Like x 2
  19. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Once upon a time, when I first started playing DCUO on PC... I couldn't get the hang of movement. My personal playing ability for flight was kin to pretending a bath tub was an airplane (and I was about as maneuverable as a tub), super speed was me crashing into things/ hitting a light post and spinning circles in place on it, and acrobatics was more "2 year old hopped up on sugar, bouncing around the furniture" than "Olympic gymnast". Now, it isn't DCUO that is the issue. It's me.

Not going to put things mildly here... sometimes my hand eye coordination sucks. The idea of using a mouse (for camera angle) a movement key (to move) and a space bar (to jump) all at the same time is borderline impossible for me. Don't get me wrong, there are other games that I struggle with... it isn't just this one. If I don't have a gaming controller handy, I wind up using Acrobatics as my movement... as the other two I am unable to coordinate, regardless of how much "practice" I put into it. I've found that using a gaming controller on PC works WAY easier for me. It's just my play style to use a controller rather than keyboard/mouse.

On the PS4... I have no issues whatsoever with movement. One of my "pastimes" when waiting for queues to pop was to do parkour on the platforms above Agent Bradish in the Watchtower Meta Wing. A peep can practice their jumping skills relatively easy and safely there. Or, if you are in the Hall of Doom... the main central area has overhead "sitting platforms" that you can jump back and forth from the nearby ledges. There are places to practice, if you feel like it. If you are like me, though... and continue to struggle, it might be time to look into getting a gaming controller to try :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sounds to me like an old computer or a broken keyboard. I play on PC and what you're describing hasn't occurred once for me o_O
    • Like x 1