DDOS Attack Should get Reward like 2011 DDOS Attack

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lara, Feb 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lara Committed Player

Hey Everyone,

Since its long time ago DCUO Servers got ddosed (2011) and now its getting ddosed again and alot people are not even able to login ( What is annoying but i cant blame the devs for it) we should get an reward like the DDOS Attack back in 2011 " Batman-Inspired Mask" The style was released on August 31st, 2011 following a hacker attack that shut the SOE servers down following security concerns. The style was part of a "Welcome Back" package that also included the Two-Face-Inspired Mask, the Hack Attack Hoodie and 20 ]Marks of Distinction"

greets.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Good luck
    • Like x 1
  3. morkiuss New Player

Would be awesome
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

This is annoying, but it wasn't anything like it was back then. The servers were down. No logins, period. Also, EVERYONE were subscribers. There weren't other options. So far, as we know, this is just DDoS, no data breaches involved. I knew people who had credit card info stolen in the original mess.

Apples and oranges.
    • Like x 3
  5. Brit Loyal Player

The SOE attack in 2011, which I was hear for, had the game shut off for a month.

It was shut down in such a way that if you were subscribed, you couldn't even log in to the website to unsubscribe, so you were getting billed again for a game that you couldn't play, paying for a full month of dead time. At a time when the game had no FTP option, so every single player was paying a month's sub and not able to play. But in reality, the rewards were even less about lost playtime than what they were about the compromised Credit Card numbers, where subscribers had to go to their banks and get their cards closed and re-issued.

This has been 2 days of obnoxious logins.

If it goes on for a month or so, then it makes sense.

If it's resolved a lot sooner, then I don't think we necessary need some sort of compensation for every little hiccup. I can be forgiving for small things. I'm not unreasonable.
    • Like x 2
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its not related at all. 2011 was a major outage at Sony with massive data leaks and a long time stability issue, this is (so far) a less than 24 hour issue for most of us. We should get some gifts because some people are going to their 3rd day of disconnects, but cant compare it to 2011.
    • Like x 1
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Someone must’ve lost to a nature dps with no arts or anything
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Somebody should make a little gif of their figure dancing around in that mask and hoodie.
  9. Srchill99999 Level 30

Two days of not being able to login for me, literally sitting here now watching the loading screen to no avail. So I would say we are headed in that direction. Maybe they should just completely shut the game down until fixed, idk.
  10. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

We should receive a extra day of Double marks since those of us who run more than one character lost out on. even the same for those who have one that logged in after work with intentions to play were robbed of that time as well not everyone can stay up late and catch up and just as well some of us tried but couldn't login to all characters some were just lost in the login process or stuck on the connecting screen never getting passed it.
  11. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

yeah it's definitely down for sure on my end as well just sitting on the connecting screen not going to the character screen at all.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're working to address the login issue. I believe you are mistakenly over eager because the word DDoS is scary. It's not though. 2011 wasn't even a DDoS, and it was all of Sony and PlayStation.

Anyway, we get and have gotten DDoS sent at us virtually every day for over a decade. We'll mitigate and move on line we always do.
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.