dcuo strongest pve dpsing powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jackdarkhero, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Larfleeze New Player

The only powers that aren't pretty much balanced to the point where it depends on the player / SP / gear more than the actual power are Hard Light, which is slightly above the rest because of the cheese clipping you can do with it, and then Earth and Sorcery under performing compared to the rest. Earth can stay with other DPSers if they jackhammer forever with trollers that are quick enough with the power, but that's only good for trash and not really bosses.

But other than those three? The other 7 powers are all pretty even. Some are better at burst damage, some are better at dots, some are better at sustained single target, but they're (mostly) all balanced to the point where it's more about the player and not the power set.
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

No one cares about your league, nor do I care that they are going to a guy who thinks Gadgets is hard Lol.

You deal with it. You are alone in this. No one who has DPS'd seriously with many powers would legitimately believe Gadgets isn't easy mode. I gave you reasons and examples of why its easier. Fire can only be considered easy if you are an old age Fire DPS, spamming fireburst and Mass Det. and even then everyother power will destroy a fire DPS for using that concept lol.

You can't even give me a reason why Gadgets is harder. You just say, "Its my opinion". well if you are going you throw your opinion out in the open you should expect to have to defend it. Something you have not done.

But whatever. This conversation is over if only one side can offer a legitimate constructive viewpoint. Gadgets is easy mode in comparison to Fire. Period, Hell, most of the Troll power are easy mode in comparison to the other role powers.
  3. Hard Night New Player

Somebody currently playing Gadgets doesn't mean they have never been other power sets, and good at them. I started as healer and tank based dps sets.

@Truewhatever

To put it simply, your condescending way of talking to somebody you know nothing about has made me not even want to bother with you from your first response. That actually seems like a good idea. I care about explaining anything to you about as much as I do about your "credit". I don't even feel the need to quote you in the reply, so I'll just put you on ignore and forget you exist now.

[IMG]
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

And he only proved my point that he won't defend his reasoning lol. I tried to have a constructive conversation. But guess that isn't gonna happen. Why is this thread still open anyhow?
  5. chrisslayer New Player

IMO its
    1.HL
    2.Mental
    3.Gadgets
    4.Nature
    5.Quantum/Electricity
    6.Earth
    7.Fire
    8.Ice
    9.Sorcery
    this is what I think this is nexus wise
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

As long as its your opinion I guess... But Fire is not that far down in Nexus and Gadgets is not that great in Nexus IMO.

Fire below Earth In your opinion, means you just haven't played with any good fire DPS in Nexus yet...imo
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Is there a slot lower than 9? Put fire there. I can't believe they actually let me change out of Tank stance.
    • Like x 2
  8. chrisslayer New Player

my bad, earth is below ice. as much as much as I love earth, everything is to close ranged
  9. AGx-07_162 New Player

Fair enough and I guess I would have been more clear. I just wasn't trying to make it about boasting and more about the fact that the player can outweigh the gear.

Yes. I am referring to coming out on top in HL in controller role against DPS players. These players are typically geared similar or better than me. As an example, in my last run my CR is only 43 and I've purchased a single piece of the T2 gear thus far. In my group was a Quantam player who had on gear that ranged between 40 and 46, all modded (mostly might and/or prec). He did exceptionally well and I only beat him by about 10k Damage overall but I was also the top DPS and top troll (in terms of power out numbers). I think it has more to do with how I play than anything else.

On my Nature character, who has a CR of about 53 (all T2 stuff, no mods), I managed to beat out a Electricity DPS who was in 80+ modded stuff. Why? He was lazy. His idea of damage was throwing that grenade power (can't recall the name), using electrocute, and then spamming dual pistols.

To truly say that a single power has advantages over another I think both powers would have to run something in the exact same, unmodded gear, no crit bonuses, equal stats and then it be done by the same person. Otherwise, I've yet to see the consistency that seem to dominate the opinions of these forums (with HL and Gadgets always being tops).

And to be fair maybe I need to just focus on one character and get him to the 90's so I can see the experts play but in my current tiers of Raids (up to the Expert FOS raids) I guess I haven't met the best of the best yet.
  10. RlVER Well-Known Player

O come on Soul.... you know damn well Fire is very good, you just cannot dps like we used too. Gone are the days of chaining mass det and fireburst. Nowadays its all about stacking D.O.T. I do just fine in nexus doing this. Usually only get beat by Troll powersets or electric.
  11. Anti Bezz New Player

Mental
    HL
    Gadgets
    Fire
    Quantum
    Electricity
    Nature
    Ice
    Sorcery
    Earth
  12. Lights Derp Loyal Player

In my opinion its

1. Controller powers
    2. Tank powers
    3. Healer powers

If dps'd with every power in the game and the above is just my experience.

With that said the player using the power is a huge factor on how much dmg will be done.
    • Like x 1
  13. jackdarkhero Active Player

so u guys r all saying that the worst dps power set is the healing and the worst dpsing powers is the earth and sorcery?
  14. Ven New Player

At the end of the day, Earth, Sorcery, and Nature are bottom 3 lol.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

Trust me. Nature is not bottom 3
    • Like x 3
  16. Nanji New Player

I don't think this discussion is valid. Why? Because, it always depends on the player.

IMO, calculation of the actual damage a player can do can only be done in a raid. Calculation based on alerts are not suitable, also, if you really want to see how good you are, you should wear the same tier gear while doing a raid apt for that tier, eg. wear full t2 gear (modded or not modded does not matter) and do Kahndaq, Sub Cons, Outer and Inner, or, wear full t3 modded and do FOS 2, 1 and 3, then look at the scorecard, are you on the top? If yes, how much power have you used? what did you do to be there where you are, were you hitting a lot of adds and were you doing good damage on the boss too?

It always depends on a these few things, namely,

player's skill points

player's skills (how much does a player know about their power set, it's interactions and how easily can they use their power to it's maximum)

player's play style (how do they position themselves in a raid, are they ahead of the tank, are they at the correct position so that their power can hit maximum number of enemies)

Also, you need to check the scorecard properly. Say you were in a raid, Gates maybe, and you completed it in 38 minutes. While checking the scorecard, don't just look at the 1st dps's damage out, also check if that player has taken the least amount of power, as compared to the other 2 dps, and has died the least, again as compared to the other 2 dps. If you are doing maximum damage with least comparable power in and least deaths, you are a BEAST DPS.

Then comes the power you use. What power did you use? Quantum, HL, Gadgets, Mental, Fire, Sorcery, Earth, Ice, Nature or Electricity? If you have used one powerset, can you do the same with another powerset? Maybe or maybe not. Why? Because every power has a different way of playing it, and it comes back to player's skills...

So, there can't be any comparision between powers, some require less effort to do good damage but take a lot of power, some require more effort to do damage and take less power and some require more effort and still take more power (Earth).
  17. bedovean New Player

Lol these threads are always funny, fire is never top DPS, not since like...beta, or anytime before the gadget revamp or HL being released.

The best powers for T4 content before t5 was released:
    Gadgets
    HL
    Bad gadgets players
    Bad Hard light players
    Fire
    Really bad gadgets players
    really bad Hard light players
    Everything else

In t5 content it is completely based on how the power works
    For instance:
    HL=middle of the row for single/multiple targets
    Quantum=better at multiple targets then HL but worse on single
    Mental=better on single targets then HL but worse on multiple
    Fire=Slightly worse on multiple targets then quantum but around the same maybe 10 percent less
    Gadgets=Slightly worse on single target then Mental
    Sorcery=good for power conservation aka low troll on team

Everything else is meh and not worth mentioning. Electric dps is medicore and power hogs and uses an overcharged glitch
    Ice is hella boring and medicore damage again
    Earth is just low at everything unless you stack prec and jackhammer like crazy*yes this works in t5 nexus not para*
    Nature is probably the best of the lower powers, but still takes alot of work and skill to come close to the top end players.

Honestly alot of it is the player playing the power, but at the same time each power has its limitations on how much damage you can PHYSICALLY put out, most top end players will agree with this list completely.
  18. Violentvi New Player

1. HL
    2. Mental
    3. Everyone else
  19. Sionn Committed Player

I agree, but mental beats light on solo targets at range unless the light can be close enough to run FFF, then it's pretty equal. They have the best single target dps in the game, IMO. Tightly packed groups of mobs would benefit light more than mental though.
  20. Onslaught New Player

1. Mental
    2. Mental
    3. Mental
    4. Mental
    5. Mental
    6. Everybody else

Lol