DCUO Social Graph... Pretty cool to see all my stats in one place!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Agreed, but not everyone lies about their stats. It isnt anyones business either as this is going to fuel and amplify ************* and f---ckery to the next level. That is already settling in and taking root. And if I want stats to be everyones business I would love to show them any time with an in-game ui toggle.
    • Like x 1
  2. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

With respect, your post is only addressing a portion of the problem. LFG isn't the only way to get into a group. This^ completely ignores players that just queue up for instances. When players randomly queue it's nobody's group, yet the app will still be used to get rid of low sp/cr players. How will you address that problem or will those players be considered collateral damage?
    • Like x 2
  3. junglejim New Player

Some serious tampon re-alignment is needed with this. So people can see how long youve played or your sp big deal. If you're someone thats been lying and caught out then congratulations you're one of the millions of people that lie about themselves on the Internet every day.

Even the total playtime , so what if some anonymous person knows that. As for pugging if the group is so concerned about cr and sp with the gear we have and the pve content atm that they check that before running with you its probably a fail group anyway. Its ridiculous to suggest that data will kill this game but people do love a drama
    • Like x 3
  4. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

If the purpose of this census data is to allow people to group with like minded individuals, what business is it to anyone what my other toons are? If someone meets me in game, they'll access my profile, but what does it matter what my other toons are? They can always ask. I won't tell them, but they can always ask. But, if I'm not playing my alts, what does it matter?

I haven't forgotten that. But, some of the other people in the community are not here to laugh and have fun. And I haven't forgotten about that either.

I love DCUO. It's by far the best MMO I've ever player and it ranks up there with my favorite games of any genre in my whole life. I wouldn't have spent 3months of my life writing up an entire dlc trilogy if I thought DCUO was a horrid mess and about to die, as so many have been claiming for years.

I don't agree with what's available in the profile, but it isn't enough to get me to quit the game. For me, I have no purpose in using the census data at all. I don't care about people's stats. I don't care if I end up with an entire team that is underskilled and all I end up doing is spamming heals because they've found themselves way in over their head and they're struggling. For however long they're my teammate, they're my teammate. I never kick a teammate, no matter how bad they are. If their gear is busted and they have nothing to sell, I give them whatever I can and if I've got nothing, my impulse is to carry them for however long it takes. They're my teammate. They're my buddy. You help your buddy, not abandon them. That's what buddies do.

If they wanna be excused, I don't keep them there, forcing them to take a penalty. Not everyone has the stamina for an MMO. You don't force a buddy to do something they don't want to do.

I'm not gonna use the census to exact vengeance against those that have treated me like dirt because they thought I was beneath them. I'm not a vengeance taking guy. I can't be better than someone that treats me like dirt if I do what they do and treat them like dirt.

If I get kicked because someone looked at my profile, I'll deal with it then.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Well, I am not the only member playing in my household, my wife does as well. She has her toons and I have mine, and it wasn't feasible for us to keep a second system and second account (feat grinding again) on a second system when ps4 came out. I wouldn't mind if they allowed a character transfer to another account, but they probably never will.
  6. DoIAmuseYou New Player

This was my only concern, that could make it a one stop shop for bullying/trolling/griefing someone. Glad to see it won't ever be included, a lot of this is up in the air to us so far as what may be possible, now or in the future, good to hear that wont be a part of it.
  7. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

All u complaining about stats being shown... Why do u want to hide the info? Because u have not grown ur toon properly so u are embarrassed about your stats... I'm glad this info is available... So now all u with 107cr and 62sp will start grinding sp... I personally will play wit anyone.... However if the group is failing... I will research our weakest link... And if u, who have chosen to rush through the content and have a weak toon; is impacting my raid.. Prepare to be booted... I'm sure the rest of the group will agree.... Start grinding and develop ur toon..
    • Like x 4
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please review this thread and continue the discussion there. (Bytecode, please feel free to open a new thread yourself specific to feedback on your website.)
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.