DCUO is murdering my controllers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Feb 11, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I been lucky for 10 years? No, I just don’t abuse my controllers. I wasn’t quick to be dismissive. I asked a genuine question. “100% not a controller slammer” “I’m in my fourth controller” “brand new” if you take care of your expensive stuff you will have less to worry about. But if you misuse your controller by either aggressively pushing buttons or throwing your controller then the “wear and tear” can be figured out more clearly. Depending on how hard you slam or throw your controller, you will have damage whether it’s the buttons or something else is entirely on the person.
    ”DCUO is murdering my controllers!” It has nothing to do with DCUO. Honestly you shouldn’t feel offended, you made this thread, blamed it on DCUO and also said you’re not a 100% controller slammer but through wear and tear you’re on your fourth. I’m just decoding your title and thread.
  2. AV Loyal Player

DCUO does have a lot of inputs though. On PC I'm aware that DCUO will consume a huge chunk of my mouse's click life (and it's worse the more prec someone plays and/or if they're doing a lot of LPVE. Can't really think of another game off the top of my head that has as many rapid short burst inputs for such a sustained period of time. Fighters probably the closed genre but that's still not sustained for nearly as long.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm already at my 3rd Dualshock 4 due to the infernal stick drift. Funny thing is that my PS3 controller still has no issues even though I played a lot of Ultimate Marvel VS CAPCOM 3 back in the day, at an amateur/professional level. The controller hardware of nowadays is rubbish.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

True story. I had my PS3 for 3 or 4 years before upgrading to PS4. In that time I played a LOT of COD, Mass Effect and DCUO. At the time I was probably on the system 4-5 hours a day every day. When I got the PS4, both my daily use PS3 controllers worked perfectly and I had a 3rd camo one that I almost never used that was pretty much brand new still. I relegated the PS3 to the basement a month or 2 after getting the PS4 and realizing I would not play it much anymore. Once in the basement the kids took it over and played COD pretty much on weekends or when they had friends over or sleepovers.

About 3 months after it went into the basement there was some issue with DC or PSN and I decided to head to the basement and play some COD solo missions for the hell of it. All 3 controllers had issues...wonky sticks, clicky or non responsive trigger buttons or just general 'loose-ness' that seemed to periodically jam up various parts....like they were internally busted or something.

This was only a few months after I relinquished control and daily grind to my kids who didn't even play for hours at a time every day.

So yeah, the user can definitely have a difference in the lifespan on the controller....100% agree.

I think the one thing I really hate about the controllers(PS3 or 4) that's the controllers fault is the front charging port. I generally don't use it as it tends to egg out, but the underside ones should pretty much be the standard.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm curious; did anyone else think this was a post about the Controller role at first glance?
    • Like x 1
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

ease up. [IMG] back off a bit.
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Diablo 3 kills my controllers too
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ouch I mean did you not know that was going to happen to all three controllers once you relinquished it to the kids? Lol I can just imagine the terror those controllers felt. Sticky stuff from Ice Tea, candy or whatever, kids will be kids and playing COD will most definitely cause some damage lol I remember back in the super nes when Killer Instinct was badass, I remember just button smashing like a lunatic just so I can pull off an ultra combo. I even did the same when a remastered version came out for the Xbox. That’s the only way to pull off that sick ultra combo is to press and abuse every button lmao
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Yeah....Dps expecting me to replace my Controller Arts with Dps arts to buff their damage?

DCUO "IS" murdering my Controller loool..........
    • Like x 3
  10. Whodini Well-Known Player

Sooooo, you are basically calling me a liar and insinuating that I swing my controllers around like a pair of nunchuks? I'm sorry I got you all riled up...but you are either trollin' hard or had some traumatic childhood memory of getting hit by a flying controller.

Also, I'm glad you find pleasure in decoding posts on a mmo forum lol. Once again, this has been my experience with controllers while playing this game. It seems other folks here have had similar negative stories when it comes to PS4 controllers. I'm glad you've had a better experience.
    • Like x 2
  11. Controller Devoted Player

I know my sons average about 3 controllers between them per year, XBox controllers.

I just don't think they make them like they used to.
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Just report their posts and move on, honestly.
  13. Whodini Well-Known Player

not worth reporting, I'd rather throw a controller at them lol
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Again you don’t have to be offended. I pointed out things you said, I gave a logical approach to it. You seem to be taking it the wrong way, I don’t control how one takes in criticism. A controller that is brand new doesn’t just get damaged. It’s all on the user of that controller. If you wish to interpret what I said negatively well sorry. The word trolling is being thrown out too freely and it’s usually used in response to try and discredit the other person.

Me having a better experience of not needing to need four controllers through wear and tear has nothing to do with DCUO. Your title of this thread outright is blaming DCUO. Decoding a persons sentences is fun, it makes you think. I honestly never had that experience of having a controller thrown at me. I have though seen that happening to my nephews and niece.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lmao
  16. Leonite Well-Known Player

Great! Another troll thread...
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm still using the same PS3 Sixaxis controller I started playing the game with back in 2011, and which I had have owned since 2008. I did swap to a pre-owned Dualshock 3 for about two years but that one started having some issues with phantom button presses so I just took the battery out of that and put it into my Sixaxis, since it's a longer lasting battery. I've tried using a Dualshock 4 and an Xbox One controller, but nothing seems to beat the Sixaxis for me. (And also the Dualshock 4 seems to have issues with DCUO on PC for some reason, so that's a no go for me anyway)
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm on my third Dualshock 4 controller because of DCUO. Sometimes DCUO people just make me soooo mad that my controller suddenly flies out of my hands and hits the floor for some reason.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I foolishly hoped.....MY kids knew better. I was incorrect.
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I bought my daughter whose 3 a kids learning tablet, months pass and I find out it’s sticky, the screen is rough from unknown substances and it wasn’t even cheap. It costed me around $150 I was upset that it’s pricey but I knew better as well. Back in the old days when Blockbuster was still around I got so mad I destroyed a Megaman game that was for the ps2 I think. I returned it scratched beyond repair lmfao kids will be kids….