DCUO is murdering my controllers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

I average about 1 every year or so. Yep it’s the L3 drift (up and left a bit). All the games where you’re constantly moving “forward” impact it, I’d say.
  2. GregTheFarmer Active Player

DCUO isn't @ fault, the peripheals made by Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are basically designed to fail after long term use. Reason being is they make oodles of money from the sale of those controllers. The only reason my 2 xbox controllers still work is because I only use them to play flying/driving games which is somewhat rare. I use them in GTA, but only when I'm flying/driving. I dunno how 3rd party controller support works on the PS but if they work then I'd try something other than a Sony. Also maybe be gentler with the controller too.
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

That's exactly what's happening. There have been reports of controller drift right off the box or occurring after a few months. This problem is so blatant that there's a class-action suit against Sony.
  4. GregTheFarmer Active Player

Almost every single joystick suffers from stick drift eventually. Its just the way the mechanism is designed. Until someone figures out a different design you're sol in finding a controller that doesn't suffer from stick drift.
  5. beardrive Committed Player

I am also on my third controller, and only have ever played DCUO on my PS3/PS4 for whatever that means. I have however gone back to the two old broken controllers and one started working again. So really I am back on my 2nd and waiting for a PS5, because I don't want to buy a 4th controller.

I told my friend the reason the controller worked was because I left it sitting there for a year.

We decided we should buy empty PS4 cases and put them in a corner of my room, and in 6 months we'll have brand new PS4's to sell on ebay.