DCUO Has Eighteen Million Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Jamie New Player

But the numbers do not actually tell you that. They do not provide any meaningful information.
    • Like x 3
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

+1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

How many of those are in-game cash spammers?
  4. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

You could have 7 Billion people log in and register, but what boils down is those who are paying or spending Quarterly/Yearly to keep this game afloat.

Saying 18 million won't keep this game lasting, it's those that have placed money down and keep up in their support to make sure content continues to generate within the game.

They should show how many players/customers have placed support for the game, I doubt it would be 18 million, maybe 1-2 million (maybe not even that) that continue to place money from time to time purchasing content or subbing. Those are your real numbers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jamie New Player

I didn't even think of that. There could have been many spammers that wanted to take advantage of any new PS4 players plus I am pretty sure that the PS3 users that moved to PS4 were counted a second time.
  6. Joykiller Dedicated Player

It's an extremely raw set of data. I have DCUO available on three different PSN accounts (for various reasons); I wonder how many else do too? What I would like to see is: a) number of active Legendary Subscriptions and b) number of unique PSN log-ins per month. Would also like to see a breakdown of monthly microtransactions by player type (Premium, Legendary, F2P). The 18,000,000 is useless without context.
    • Like x 1
  7. SinestrosTaken New Player

WTF? I've been a villain since I started playing the game, for about 3 months now, and villain side is nowhere near 'underpopulated' as many people claim. Im on PS4 FYI.
  8. SimonSays New Player

Its true , i rolled a villian on PS4 EU a few days ago and it was crammed with people.

DCUO seems to be doing very well at the moment as more and more people buy a PS4
  9. Feenicks New Player

Yes it does. It tells me that there are 18 million accounts out there. It tells me a lot more than some random folks on the forums.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jamie New Player

And that is useful information how? The information does not tell you how many people have tried the game, how many people are currently active, or if the game is making a profit. The numbers are only good for grabbing someone's attention and making them think the game is very popular. If they think too hard about the numbers then they realize that the numbers are meaningless. I have no idea what any of the meaningful numbers are but I do know that the 18 million number isn't meaningful either.
    • Like x 1
  11. Feenicks New Player

It's useful information because it's official information. I trust it because it's officcial information.

You can dissect it all you want. Point out how this detail or that detail is missing, but that's just conjecture.......opinion.......wishful/hateful thinking.

Official > conjecture
  12. Jamie New Player

Just because the information is official does not make it useful. How is the data useful at all? Does it tell you how well the game is doing? No. Does it tell you that the game is making a profit? No. Does it tell you that anyone has even played the game in the last 11 months? No. There is absolutely no useful information in the number. Feel free to explain how this information is actually useful?
    • Like x 1
  13. Feenicks New Player

18 million accounts. That's a lot. It tells me the game is flourishing because 18 million accounts is nothing to sneeze at. A game has to be doing quite well to attract 18 million people.

Yeah. It tells me a lot. Tells me all I really need to know about the future of this game.

That and the OFFICIAL announcements of the things to come......which also tells me a lot.
  14. Raeket Level 30

More interested in seeing active players, since its so few servers and never experienced any major crowds. Doubt EUPC is breaking even 1k players
  15. Feenicks New Player

Every time I log in it says sever population is high.

It's hard to notice these days because now we have more worlds to hang out in, not just Gotham and Metropolis. And then there's the PVP server and the PVE server.

Go explore. You'll see tons playing all spread out.

Since league halls came I don't hang out in the Watch Tower any more. You'd be hard pressed to see me anywhere other than my lair and our league hall.
  16. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Did anyone ever say what constitutes an 'account'? Is it created characters? Unique PSN's? People taking this 18mm accounts as 18mm individual players I think are mistaken.
    • Like x 1
  17. Feenicks New Player

Mepps said it was individual accounts, not characters created.
    • Like x 1
  18. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Great, thanks for the clarification.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ice Lantern New Player

So it's the tallest midget, great.
    • Like x 2
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ouch.... no wonder they try to milk the 4% of us using replays, Booster Bundles, Armories, Teleporters, etc.

Essentially each of us roughly pay for ourselves and 24 other players who play for free.