DCUO Community's Taste In Music

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dogico, Apr 11, 2015.

1. NaumNML New Player

I enjoy Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox while playing. It's interesting how different instruments and arrangements change the whole flavor of a song.
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Back when Dox and Nexus came out... after every boss fight beaten someone would play this:

was awesome and funny.

Running lab once... there was a few players who forgot which way to go and took forever to get the Burden of Crete. This was heard:

was great.
    • Like x 3
  3. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

From 40 seconds in to 55 seconds says it all...

4. Gooba1223 Well-Known Player

5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

right there with ya man, I HATE, yes HATE music over video's refuse to watch the s***.

so this is to any of you youtubers out there ;)

if you put music on your videos your losing out a sub and a youtube active person JS
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I can't run any form of PvE content unless I am listening to Queen or I just end up getting bored halfway through. Me singing along is the only way I can stay awake during PvE.
    Though its extremely annoying watching a video and a random rap song blasting over it. At least PC users don't blast the music over their mics.
    • Like x 1
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Lol shouldn't this be in the "Off Topic" forum? :p

I either have it just silent or I listen to... well... anything on my phone, and that's a LOT of different songs lol.

Yeah rap songs playing over gameplay is hella annoying. Can't stand it.
  8. just an honest dps New Player

battery should be played for AnB and if you can't finish it by the time that song ends then just walk out XP
    • Like x 1
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Or how bout when some one is listening to drake and they're trying to really sing with the voice only a dog can love. Lets no forget those ppl that love to use the DANG BATHROOM while there mic is on still. I really don't want to hear ur special kind of water splashing. O and plz turn off your mic if your arguing with a family member, I really don't want to hear your personal problems while playing DCUO.
  10. Thewoe Well-Known Player

I raid with Nightwish, Nirvana, HIM in the backround ;)
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

Would like to get Throne done before In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida finishes...lol
  12. kawe Loyal Player

I know what you mean. Specially about bad mics making the music sounding even worse. ugh.

As for the video part. It's pretty hard to find good royalty free music to use (and that I like myself). And you can't always use the original game sound. I for example turn it down to hear ppl on mic better, and either the mic babbling is not suited for a vid, or I end up speeding videos up to make em shorter and on point, which leaves me with chipmunk music and NPC voices. Putting on some music is the best solution for that.
    • Like x 1
  13. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Personally, when it comes to gameplay videos, I'd much rather have in-game sound than music.

I think I'll have the commando soundtrack on whenever I play my munitions character from
    now on though. ;-)
  14. Fivluih New Player

One time my league was running raids and I played R. Kelly - Trapped in the Closet in it's entirety! That was about 2 hours of laughing and way too much fun!