DCUO Community's Taste In Music

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dogico, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

Why is it so bad? If I pug there's about a 50% chance someone in the group has garbage rap music blasting through their headphones and whenever I watch a gameplay video people usually decide to put generic EDM music in the background. This is not to say that all rap and EDM is terrible, just that the community likes the worst of both genres. Also, where is the variety? It would be refreshing to hear someone blasting bluegrass through their headphones or have gameplay with bebop in the background.
    • Like x 8
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You should have run with me, we used to listen to Stanley Clarke, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker. Occasionally we threw some dancehall from the fifties in there.
    • Like x 7
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

I'm always playing classic rock and 80's.....I save Enter Sandman for the last boss fights...:)
    • Like x 4
  4. Agent Flores Committed Player

I agree. Seriously some of the players should not have the mics on when playing. Even worst is when they are trying to sing along.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I blast classical sometimes. And it when it fits the raid, it's down right freaking epic and we beast it.

Love old school rap too and in PvP I blast rock or sound track music from a show I like that has a crazy fight.
    There's others as well. I love bluegrass and smooth jazz.
    certain electronica doesn't bother me.

I blasted gospel once. Got everything done quick too. 3 feats in one run.
    #favor
  6. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Sadly, we can't have the things we want. I have a personal vendetta with the modern music my generation listens to, because it is some ******** about weed,women,money,love,clubs and reckless behavior. Now I wouldn't hate it as much if only people wouldn't blast it up at full volume everywhere I go
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The biggest problem with other people's music is usually the mic isn't that great, so it's not picking up the low end and high ends of the music. It may sound great at their end, but to the other people in the raid, if we don't know the song, we have no persistence of memory to fill in the gaps, and it sounds like this mediocre melange. It's not that I don't like the music, I'm just not hearing an adequate version of it.
    • Like x 1
  8. MyrVell Committed Player

I don't play my music in the background because things like Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel typically don't go over well in a group of random people. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  9. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

When I play, I usually listen to the music from the era that I grew up in (late '70's, early '80's):
    -KISS (You wanted the best, you GOT the best!)
    [IMG]
    -Iron Maiden
    [IMG]
    -Metallica
    [IMG]
    -Motley Crue
    [IMG][IMG]
    among a few others!
    • Like x 1
  10. Skirmish Well-Known Player

Two Steps From Hell seems quite popular among some DCUO Youtube Videos too.
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I have my own chat channel that I go to when I listen to music because I sometimes sing along and since I listen to J-Pop yea I don't want people hearing me sing it .
  12. Skirmish Well-Known Player

Just make sure nobody knows the name of your chat channel, otherwise they can join it without an invite via the join/create option and potentially walk in on your beautiful singing.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Oh nobody knows that I keep it secret I really don't think anyone wants to hear a middle aged white guy doing Japanese rap at 2 in the morning.
    • Like x 1
  14. KidMidnight Loyal Player

personally even if its music i like i hate having to listen to it over someone elses mic. it just doesn't sound as good.

have some respect for your running mates and go to push to talk if you have lots of background noise. one of my favorite things is when i ask someone in the group to tone it down a little and as were wiping theyre saying "no its not a distraction i can multi task cant you?".

i developed my own soundtrack i love listening to. each of my toons has his or her own theme song. i like it all but i'm mostly an alternative and punk rock kind of guy
    • Like x 1
  15. KidMidnight Loyal Player

actually if you put it on a live cam and get a pay pal account you could prolly make some money...
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I might do that when H1Z1 comes out but not on DCUO .
  17. CHUD Loyal Player

Mob Rules.....by Black Sabbath.
    Works in almost any and every instance. I mean....let's face it. To hear Ronnie James Dio's voice with that "air raid siren" vocal opening in the beginning as you and the team your with struggle through with whatever instance. The song just gets you as the word "KILL" comes across your lips.
  18. Sir DitzyDerpington Active Player

Why in a thread about others awful taste in music, have I only heard two good suggestion to the alternative (Morbid Angel and Black Sabbath)? Perhaps you all should stop throwing rocks at the tone deafs' houses when you seem mostly living in your own glass houses of nostalgia.

The reason people's taste in music is so awful is because most music is awful.... and so are most people (jk)

If you want to improve others taste in music, you have to show them the light

19. Itazuki New Player

I listen to my Thousand Foot Krutch or Shinedown stations on Pandora when I play.
  20. Streven Dedicated Player

There's no accounting for people's tastes in music or anything else for that matter. However, having an open mic is obnoxious and mute worthy. Thankfully PC doesn't have too many open mic kids. I can only imagine how bad it is on PS servers.
    • Like x 1