DCUO clearly dead...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolly Committed Player

It doesn't totally reflect the community, because it only counts steam stats, but I think it gives a good vision of the state of the game, even the LFG is enough to notice the state of the game, because we recognize the same heads in the LFG and after a restart it's really not crazy on the LFG anymore. Without forgetting the more and more frequent problems in lack of tank and troll...

We can note a loss of about 500 players...

Not to mention the increasingly frequent problems with the lack of tanks and trolls...

https://steamcharts.com/app/24200

The worst thing is that during a weekend the game looks deader than during the week when it should logically be the opposite...
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So most of us are finished gearing up for the next episode with no reason to log in. It'll pick back up next month and October for the new seasonal and episode.
    • Like x 6
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

First thats only steam stats, its okay to see overall playerbase trends, but it doesnt give accurate data or catch outliers easily (Origin Crisis and Anniversary 2021 were super popular but Steam didnt catch the influx of players).

Second, I'm not sure where you are seeing the 500 player loss. That chart shows the game is peaking 6-years high for the month of August and the highest playercount since the anniversary event.
    • Like x 1
  4. Berza Committed Player

It's summer. People goes out to the beach, parks and bares. Mainly in the weekends. It happens every year.
    • Like x 4
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I think the op is noticing the difference in that less people want to run the content the op is trying to run.
    • Like x 5
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The data you provided shows exactly the opposite. You cant use to prove a point and ignore it for another argument
    • Like x 2
  7. Berza Committed Player

Nah, the OP is right. I think (correct me if not) that OP plays on EU server and yes, it's pretty dead nowadays. But it's summer, August. Lots of people takes their holidays during this month, usually all of month. Lots of people from North of Europe travel this month to the beaches in South Spain, France, Italy, etc. So yeah, the server is dead. Also are a lot of RL business.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tolly Committed Player

nah just the last raid in event to complete the mission do a duo instance, raid alert, farmer marks on a criminal...
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sigh...look if you say the game is dead and pull up Steam charts youre discrediting yourself as someone who cries wolf and doesnt understand what "dead game" means. Yes, the Steam Chart clearly shows low pop numbers on a weekend on those who USE Steam on PC. But you forget DCUO also has its own stand alone launcher outside of Steam so the numbers dont reflect that. And of course, it doesnt represent the number of Players on PS which is where the MAJORITY of the population lies. Now Xbox and Switch, we certainly see extremely low pop there but the game is still playable (prob not much on Switch but its been awhile since Ive logged in there. Sorry Switch players, much love).

As Lorax said, we are in the middle/end of the Episode so while in game may seem like you see the same people asking for groups and such, thats normal. Other folks have finished, taking a break, and moved on to outside or playing their backlog of games waiting to play the next Episode. None of this, and I certainly mean none. of. this. Gives any status to the "State of the Game". We go through this cycle all the time where those who claim "the sky is falling" and they bring out the steam charts. Just please stop. Do a search next time of Steam Charts and you'll see exactly the same stuff. Its always mentioned at the end of an Episode and when the new one comes up, we get threads of bugs, people mad, and complaints on EoG spam and DW/Flurry.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. myandria Item Storage

Not to mention the new "Homecoming" event which should be happening soon.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Where exactly did you get the “loss of 500 players” from? Did you even read your own source? The data you provided shows that the population has actually increased by 5% over the last 30 days. Sooooo….?
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

It is quite "interesting" how threads like this one always has someone with access to a "database" and use that data to confirm how active an online game is without researching all parameters of that data.

First, your data is only for Steam; as others have said before me, your analysis of how active the game is in incomplete.

Second, you cannot see how many of that slight increase in population were new/returning players or players who came back from a break. Some players may have switched platforms, which could be flagged as a "loss" in that data set for Steam, but not for DCUO in general.

Third, there are always players coming and going from DCUO and from MMO's in general due to real life progression; age, family life, job(s) and so on. Since you don't have access to the entire player base data set(s), you cannot estimate how many players are lost this way.

Conclusion: Your data is unreliable.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kreachure Committed Player

Just steam charts. Doesn't account for people who don't use steam + consoles.
  14. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

This is where I fall into things now. I did 24 rounds of SM and decided it was too much waiting for groups to form up and too much headache for no real reward I care about. So, I'll be trying the new seasonal, def the new episode and the Halloween seasonal is my fave. Honestly, I play the most during Halloween event through anniversary event and then just as episodes drop.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Homecoming would be the new seasonal that I mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tolly Committed Player

As I said, these are steam stats and they don't reflect the entire community, but I think there are enough signs and the curve shows that it's been dropping quite a bit lately and the only time there's a spike is probably for an event that motivates players to return.
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

There are no signs. Anyone whose been here over a year just knows the Episode cycle but continue on with your...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There isnt such a curve. Not for 48 days, not for a week, not for 6 months, not for a year, they are all stable. As I said, the data you provided shows this is the best August in 6 years. Its not me saying it, it might not be the reality, but its the data you are using as argument.

You can expose your pov about the game without torturing the numbers. There is no problem in saying you cant find players to play with, or saying your server feels empty. It would be in fact much more valuable feedback if you did that instead of saying the game is dead and providing misconceptions.
    • Like x 2
  19. BumblingB I got better.

RIP DCUO... :(

In any case, OP, can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 2
  20. GermanM Committed Player

I was seeing that in the past days. Of course, steam dont reflect the 100% of game population, but one thing cannot be deniet, this game have a very small comunity if you compare the chart with the others.
    Not gonna say DC is dying, but the thing is we dont have much people here and i will continue saying this is happening because of the exesive p2w here (yeah i know, the company need money and bla bla, but they abusse sometimes) Those who play right now are people who started years ago and have attachenment for this game (me included).
    I have try to bring people here but they ran away when they see the predatory system of arts and allys.
    And dont try to tell all is fine, because is not, if things were right the chart would be different.

How much people play this? seriously? maybe 10 times the numbers of that chart and im being generous with the numbers. We need a bigger comunity, that´s why i want all servers merge, but i know we cant get that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.