DCUO clearly dead...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GermanM Committed Player

I dont see this, by the way, the chart is stable since september 2016.
    • Like x 2
  2. CraccaGeneral Active Player

I don't know about all that. What I do know is that my friends list online players has quadrupled since SM dropped. Of course you may not run in the same type of circles I do.
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There were 400k Monthly users as of 2020 and 40k monthly subscribers. Which put steam numbers at only about 0.005% of the community
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Pretty much. Steam is a terrible metric to go by. Steam is one of those things if you play on it, you stay on it. No one falls into DCUO from Steam like other games. If they are going to play DCUO, they will probably download the client directly.

I play on steam. I have since the beginning. For those who don't understand what is being asserted, if you look at "All" you can see the squiggly line pretty much hover in the same area since about mid 2016. Obvious spikes and lows, but almost always around the same number.

[IMG]

I wouldn't even consider this to be the PC stats either. This maybe accounts for 10% of PC? If even that.
    • Like x 1
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Do you have a source link that can give me to see that?
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This thread alone (replies/views) is already 10x more active than Xbox Villain side on a good day XD

Not that I'm complaining. Still wish we knew if cross-faction grouping was still being looked into to help with the population issues, though.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Well, it’s hard to find people when they don’t survive in survival mode :p

Being serious, I don’t think using steam stats is a good vision on where dc is at, as a pc player myself (not using steam), I hardly see other pc players, if anything I think I see 90% more ps players than pc players. I have noticed everyone shouting for sm so lfg seems dead, but I also been in open worlds and they were full of people
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Steam launcher? Ok. So who uses that?...besides those 600-odd players?

I was in on 12 accounts last night, 8 of them all at the same time at one point. None were steam (mix of PS and PC stand alone clients)....or by your numbers... I was 2% of the game's population....BY MYSELF!!

Now...is some of the content 'dead'? Sure....SM is going on and it's late into the current DLC. But I'd call it more of a 'lull' then anything...it goes up and down. And remember....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not getting a new DLC late Spring Early Summer did give less reasons for people to log in.
    Even Save the Universe and Survival mode do not make up for skipping a new DLC.

Add to that the summer vacation.
    Population pretty much always goes down during the Summer vacations.

Usually population drops like a rock starting July 4th.... but for the past 2 years population went down as soon as June 1st for obvious reason.

And sadly the next DLC is only next October.

So even if we will have Batman Day and the new Homecoming seasonal....
    it may take until the next DLC in October before people truly come back to the game.

I guess we will have to wait and see. ;)

As for the Steam numbers......
    Steam is not only a fraction of the player base...... it is a fraction of the PC population.
    I play on PC and do not play through Steam.
    Pretty sure I am not the only one.

Dak Man did a poll asking people what platform they play on....

PC 15%
    Playstation 69%
    Xbox 11%
    Switch 2%

Based on this PC is only 15% of the Playerbase.....
    and Steam in only a fraction of that 15%.

Only EEViLLL Mepps and the Devs know the real numbers....
    But we can use this as a guesstimation that Steam numbers are only a tiny fraction of the actual numbers.
    • Like x 2
  11. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

How about this from my league only i play on steam and all other players never heard about it so theres go steam stats about this game.
    I start playing on steam few years ago and its only becouse i had some money saved there and i decided to use it on my all access payment before i was PC and steam stats never heard about me :)
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except that your own reference contradicts your own claims.
    • Like x 2
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

You see such numbers and people still play pretend as if the state of the game is better than what it truly is. Yet, as I always say to everyone in-game, not dead, but on life support -_-
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

According to you and others the game has been dying/dead for years. Happens every single time players take a break after finishing the dlc. Players take a break and you guys scream that the sky is falling.
    • Like x 2
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

Ah, it's you. I remember us having a similar discussion awhile back. Nice to see you're still delusional as ever on the topic. Have a good night;)
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Let’s see. You said the game way dying back then and I said it wasn’t. We are still here playing the game. Yet I’m the delusional one?
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

People have been saying DCUO is dead from even before the game was released.
    And they keep on saying that year after year after year.

And yet..... it is still here.

It is something that some people keep on saying..... so I even made a video about it a few years ago.....
    I guess it is that time of the year to post it..... one more time. ;)

• Like x 2
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

19. Solarbound Committed Player

Yes, it's still here. Yet, numbers show a significant enough of a drop to back such claims the OP is referring. I guess we should all thank a whale like you for helping to keep the lights on:rolleyes:
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There are no numbers showing any significant drop lol. Unless you have some secret data over there it's all coming from your imagination.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.