DC Digital Service News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Nov 20, 2017.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    DC's Swamp Thing is set premiere its pilot episode at the end of the month. I just got to say, that Swamp Thing suit looks awesome.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I've never read the Swamp Thing comics before but is that Swamp guy supposed to have a romantic relationship with that woman? Cause... I feel uncomfortable.

[IMG]
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Romantic, not intimate (no little baby Swampies any time ever :p )
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Still...

[IMG]
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't believe have ever read the comics, butt did see the old TV series, and vaguely believe she was the wife of the guy who became Swampie, or something like that
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is this going to be a horror like with "New Mutants"? o_O
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone

So here is the latest. Slated for launch in spring of 2020, Warner Media has revealed their upcoming streaming service, HBO MAX, which will include DC Universe, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TBS, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, CNN, TNT, New Line Cinema, truTV and Boomerang. This will also include various tv shows like Friends or any of the CW shows that will no longer be available on Netflix

Now the real question is what does this mean to the DC Streaming service?
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There's nothing official yet of course but there is one tell tail sign in that video.

At the 0:33 mark, the Doom Patrol logo flashes. This leads to the belief that the DC Streaming will be absorbed into this new thing. Most likely DC along with HBO NOW will just be merged with HBO MAX and one can guess that all current account will be honored, with any changes happening at the time people need to renew their subscriptions.
    • Like x 1
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

DCU isn't going anywhere (at least for now), as reported by multiple sources.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/warnermedia...t-ch-1836219061/amp?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.newsarama.com/45946-hbo...verse-streaming-service-says-warner-bros.html

https://heroichollywood.com/dc-universe-hbo-max/

The far more likely outcome will be that CW, CW Seed, CN, HBO, DCU and all of the other properties will share content after timed exclusivity.

Warners has no desire to put 23,000 comics onto an HBO service - it's a niche that DCU will continue to provide.

12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

So... HBO MAX and HBO NOW might merge? I hope that happens, and I also hope they don't increase the price.
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  15. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Interesting, but I'm still keeping Netflix. I am sure HBO MAX will not be cheap; since when has HBO ever been affordable aside from temporary promotions? As far as the shows leaving Netflix, you can get those on DVD/Blu-Ray now. Also, there are not enough streaming services offered that I would be interested in watching.

In my opinion, what this means for DC Universe is more visibility and another path of revenue.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

After building up some momentum and hype at SDCC with promotional posters and the news season 2 may premiere as early as late september/early october production on Titans season 2 has been delayed due to a death on the set.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/18/titans-crew-member-dies-dead-season-2-production-dc-universe/

very sad news.

everything i'm trying to pick up regarding season 2 is making it out to be even bigger than expected. Wonder Girl is reported to play a larger role this season, we know Superboy and Krypto are coming, Deathstroke, Ravager and Jericho along with Aqualad, reports of the Titans Tower and the possibility of even seeing Blackfire. I believe nine episodes have been wrapped.

selfish to hope this won't push things back. i hope they can get things on track inn a way that pays respect to the deceased and his friends and family.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

actually unless its been retconned out didnt Swampy and Abigail eventually get married and had a little baby named Tefe?
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Youtube has issues, to watch this trailer directly from DC's channel you need to login to verify your age but any other channel showing it you don't o_O.
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

At least my man Jorah won't be friendzoned anymore

[IMG]