CW Crisis on Infinite Earths

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by willflynne, Aug 4, 2019.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Crisis on Infinite Earths Adds Supernatural Alum as the New Atom

[IMG]

If you can believe it, this year's Arrowverse crossover just got even bigger.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Supernatural alum Osric Chau will play Ryan Choi, aka the Atom, in "Crisis on Infinite Earths." Choi is described as "a physics professor at Ivy Town University" who "is just a normal guy who comes to learn that he has a pivotal role to play in the coming crisis."

Another Atom already exists in the Arrowverse: Legends of Tomorrow's Ray Palmer, who is played by Brandon Routh. However, Routh has been confirmed to appear as Kingdom Come Superman in the crossover, so it sounds like Choi could take over the Atom mantle during the event. Further, since Routh is exiting Legends of Tomorrow, this could set Choi up to take over his predecessor's spot on the team.
    Created by Grant Morrison, Gail Simone and John Byrne, Choi is an Asian-American physics professor at Ivy University who follows in Ray Palmer's footsteps. He has been a member of both the Justice League of American and the Lighter Than Air Society.

Though he hasn't year appeared in the Arrowverse, Choi has been namedropped before. For instance, in The Flash Season 5 premiere, Barry and Iris' daughter Nora revealed Ryan Choi developed a future version of the Scarlet Speeder's suit.

Chau is perhaps best known for his role as the prophet Kevin Tran on Supernatural. His past credits also include Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Blood and Water and 2012.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-osric-chau-ryan-choi-atom/
    • Like x 1
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Heaven help us, I remembered there was a Superboy TV series for a while. And they had two different actors playing the role over the course of the show.

So are THEY gonna get recruited? LOL
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

More and more, its seems CW has done something right for once :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Unpopular opinion: I thought Superman Returns was a good movie. And Brandon Routh was a great Superman.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I never got around to watching that one, but from what I understand it wasn't a matter of Routh being a bad Superman. Anything I've heard was that it leaned way too hard into the shadow of the Reeve films and didn't really try to be its own movie.
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

True, it did lean quite a bit towards the Reeve films. And it really didn't introduce any new challenges Superman hadn't dealt with before. Nonetheless, I thought it was a good movie. It's on Netflix right now, if you decide to watch it.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And they just keep dropping pics and photos from the set(s) of the crossover. LOL

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  13. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The CW antimontor & in dcuo game antimonitor, looks so different
    • Like x 1
  14. BSEison Well-Known Player

The only episodes of the CW shows I have watched the last couple of years are the crossovers, so I'm not a big fan of the "arrowverse" but I am excited for this event. Huge fan of the series from the comics and really like the idea of them using all these different media versions of their characters to make their multiverse bigger with easter eggs and appearances. Hopefully the episodes will be good cause the source material, while possibly difficult to adapt, is terrific.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As daunting a task as it might be, at the very least you have to give credit to the creators/producers of the various shows for even attempting it.
  16. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Final hour before Crisis starts!
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The first five minutes? Before the story even really gets going?

Nerd heaven! :D
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Three episodes down, now we wait until January. :confused:

Solid episodes all around, though, and they still managed to sneak in some surprises for cameos and appearances of some characters.

I think the standouts for me so far have been Brandon Routh's Superman and Jon Cryer's Lex. Routh was practically channeling Christopher Reeve in both his Clark and Superman roles, and Cryer's weasel-like portrayal of Lex is just fun to watch.
    • Like x 3
  20. BSEison Well-Known Player

I loved all the cameos, easter eggs and references but still not a big fan of the actual shows. To much brooding and heart to heart chats between characters and very little action. And the action we do get looked pretty lame to be honest, you can find better fight scenes on Youtube channels like Bat In The Sun than on the CW. The shows weren't bad, but I know I won't watch any of them beyond this crossover.