CW Crisis on Infinite Earths

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by willflynne, Aug 4, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, this has the potential to be a full-blown nerdgasm when it airs. Setting aside the fact that they're actually attempting to DO Crisis, we've already got casting news that Brandon Routh is going to be appearing as Superman (possibly a Kingdom Come version if the shirt he showed off at Comic Con was any indication). Plus they've announced that Burt Ward will have a role in the crossover, and they just announced some characters from Black Lightning will be involved as well (even if that show isn't part of the crossover event itself).

Oh, and they've found someone to play Bruce Wayne now too. :D

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ths-crossover-batman-bruce-wayne-kevin-conroy

Yup, Conroy is going to be playing a Future Bruce in the crossover.

I really hope they can live up to the hype now. :eek:
    • Like x 5
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You forgot to mention Lynda Carter is going to be in it as well...

....[Post now continued after running around room having nerdgasm victory dance]...

Stephen Amell wants Tom Welling to be in it also.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I had heard about Carter's possible involvement, but I wasn't sure if anything had been confirmed yet.

Welling participating would be another great nod, I will admit. Having two Supermen in the show might be more than enough, but it could all depend on how they might be use Welling (Tyler Hoechlin is slated to play his version of the Man of Steel as well).

I'm going to be fascinated in not only seeing casting news but any speculation that comes out of said casting news. :D I wouldn't be surprised if there's folks already figuring out who they think should play Terry McGuiness after the announcement of a Future Bruce. LOL
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I saw a posting that they are trying to get another project up and running to replace Arrow.
    Maybe they are trying to get a live action Batman Beyond?
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Batwoman is the replacement of Arrow, which so far looks like a poor replacement.

There wont be a live action BB show or movie, it just doesn't have a general audience appeal. It's far better as animation and a comic, where it better fits the small fan base.
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I hope everybody has good patience, because this is the schedule for the Crisis episodes.

Supergirl - Sunday, December 8 at 8pm
    Batwoman - Monday, Dec. 9 at 8pm
    The Flash - Tuesday, Dec 10 at 8pm

Midseason Break

Arrow - Tuesday, January 14 at 8pm
    Legends of Tomorrow - Tuesday, Jan 14 at 9pm
    • Like x 1
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

ugh black lightning. ew. might be the only thing that could ruin this. what a terrible show
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

First season was decent. Second season didn't hook me for some reason, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Smallville Star Tom Welling Joins Crisis on Infinite Earths

The CW’s Crisis On Infinite Earths miniseries has already lined up Burt Ward, Brandon Routh, Tyler Hoechlin, John Wesley Shipp, Kevin Conroy, and others have joined over the past few months. Now, the crossover event has added the star from the classic Smallville series.

Tom Welling will once again portray Clark Kent for CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, per a report from Entertainment Weekly. This means that there will be three variations of the Superman in the crossover, counting Routh and Hoechlin’s Supermen. Although story details aren’t available, CRISIS will touch upon Clark’s life since Smallville’s conclusion.

“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville. Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it,” noted executive producer Marc Guggenheim. “So when we first started talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths, our first, second and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”

Guggenheim had expressed interest in getting a Smallville character for the miniseries last month. He noted how the show was such a “big part of DC TV history.” In the final episode of SMALLVILLE, Welling’s Clark Kent become Superman. Does this mean he’ll finally wear the suit onscreen for more than just a few seconds? And how will the other Supermen react?

Crisis On Infinite Earths kicks off on December 8. It’ll run across Supergirl, Batwoman and The Flash on consecutive nights. Then it’s taking a break until January 14 before wrapping up with new episodes of Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

Source: https://www.superherohype.com/tv/466611-smallville-star-tom-welling-joins-crisis-on-infinite-earths
    • Like x 2
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

fairly sure we won't be getting any Batman Beyond any time soon, certainly not a live action one. from what I can gather, Routh will be playing the Kingdom Come Superman, & the general consensus seems to be that Conroy has been cast as the Kingdom Come Bruce Wayne, which would be perfect, methinks.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

to be fair, I didn't even last out the first season. I enjoyed the first two or three episodes, & then it just lost lustre, for me. I think I dropped out five or six episodes in.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And he's getting his Lois too.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...s-lois-lane-role-in-crisis-on-infinite-earths
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum Turned Down Crisis on Infinite Earths Role

Smallville fans have been jumping for joy following news that Tom Welling would be reprising his role as Clark Kent/Superman, alongside Erica Durance as Lois Lane, for the Arrowverse's TV crossover event "Crisis on Infinite Earths." However, one face that won't be returning from the beloved CW series is Michael Rosenbaum, aka Lex Luthor, and now we know why.

Rosenbaum, who impressed fans as the bald-headed genius in the series that ran from 2001-2011, revealed via Twitter he wasn't given sufficient details by the network on the plot, as well as any indication that he'd actually be paid, leading to him turning down the role.

"Friends, many of you have tweeted and asked me about joining the Infinite Crossover," Rosenbaum tweeted. "I can't tell you how much this means to me. I'll just be straight up about this. WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. Their offer: No Script. No idea what I'm doing. No idea when I'm shooting. Basically no money."

"And the real kick in the *** 'We have to know now.' My simple answer was 'Pass'. I think you can understand why. I hope this answers all of your questions. Lovingly Rosenbaum," he concluded.

This will surely disappoint fans, as The CW made it clear Welling's return was a priority and fans assumed this would be the same for the supporting cast. Rosenbaum did admit in the past he and Welling didn't speak about the crossover or a reunion, and while some thought he was just playing coy, it appears he really wasn't contacted and when he eventually was, circumstances simply didn't fit.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-crisis-on-infinite-earths/
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    And this happened :rolleyes:. Since Stephen Amell's ARROW is on its final season, there are reports that the CW is planning to develop a female-centric ARROW as a potential show which will be introduced via a backdoor pilot during the final season. Actress, Katherine McNamara is said to be starring as Mia Smoak / Green Arrow, with Katie Cassidy Rodgers (Laurel Lance) and Juliana Harkavy (Dinah Drake) as the Canaries.
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

OMG, actress, Erica Durance posted this on her instagram. It brought back memories
    [IMG]

Not only that, actress, Ashley Scott, from BIRDS OF PREY show that was done in the early 2000s is also set to return :eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, apparently it's time for someone to sit down and make a comprehensive list of every DC-related show that's been on since the Adam West Batman series to see how obscure they can get with cameos or appearances. :D

How they haven't announced Helen Slater and Dean Caine reprising THEIR respective roles is borderline amazing. LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Could you imagine if Adam West was still alive :eek: he would have loved to come back one last time as Bats. Heck, they should get old Swamp Thing of the 90s
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can't believe I forgot about those movies and the TV series. :eek:

Just checked, the actor who played Swamp Thing passed away in 2009. :(
    • Like x 1