Customer Service

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by treehunter904, Oct 2, 2013.

1. treehunter904 New Player

so I accidently deleted and item and here is a copy and paste of there response. Please be aware that we will not be able to assist with any accidental loot exchanges, accidental item attunement, trade scams, accidental purchases, or accidental salvaging/item deletion......... ok so the what is even the point of sending in tickets now? I know people are gonna hate on this thread but I don't care. this is absolutely ridiculous. not being able to give back salvaged items I understand but not its deleting items too? I accidently deleted a item instead of moving it now I have to run wave again to hopefully get the piece i deleted ? if that's the case they need to put a lock button on ur items so cant salvage or delete...
    • Like x 3
  2. Gobbler New Player

I agree with you my man before they used to replace everything for anyone and now even if you have a legitimate issue they refuse to do anything. The game quality has gone down, the customer service has diminished and likewise so has their revenue i suggest you boycott the game and put a stop payment on your legendary and refuse to support sony in anyway what so ever.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To be fair, it's impossible to delete an item instead of moving it. You get a confirmation message on the screen. There's no way you could have moved the cursor to the right slot without pressing "Delete" on the confirmation message first... So I can understand why they don't want to help you.

However, what worries me is that they don't assist with trade scams? So what are we to do now? just stop trading? If that's the case, then everyone may as well just scam each other all the time, because nobody is gonna do anything about it.
    • Like x 4
  4. treehunter904 New Player

theres a confirmation on moving items to sooo.... but the trade scams is even more bs.
  5. treehunter904 New Player

yea I already put a stop payment on legendary and refuse to spend any of my 2000 replay badges
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

This is nothing new ; many MMO's have gone the "no fault" route to keep customer service operations streamlined and efficient (less people = more profits). This policy also puts more responsibility on players for their items and accounts. In extreme cases of item loss (caused by a game glitch, for example), I am sure the devs would be more helpful than customer service. So, unless you lost an item in a strange way it is pointless to send in that ticket, as you have said.

I feel your pain though; it sucks when you lose an item you worked hard for and have a slim chance of getting it back.:(
    • Like x 2
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So what's the point of customer service anymore if they don't replace/swap items or deal with scams? I guess the only thing they do now is yell at people for saying bad words lol
    • Like x 4
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

cause that will show em!
    • Like x 2
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Not sure how youre not using your replays will impact on SOE in any way.

While I'm not concerned about the accidental attunement, deletion, purchase of gear (them's the breaks....mayhap you'll be more careful next time), the trade scams is a problem. Unless they are talking about trade scams with no agreement in chat etc.

I experienced some horrible lag when attempting to swap to Quantum and ended up with Earth as a power instead. Because I logged off that character and sent in a ticket immediately, Customer Service gave me a replacement re-spec token - so I got the feat for getting a tank to L30, was able to equip some tank gear I had for styles - and then was able swap to Quantum :D
  10. treehunter904 New Player

because I also wont spend any more money on buying more replays. im just gonnawait for you to accidently delete a piece that u use then youll see where im coming from. and they wont give u back scammed items even if its confirmed in typing it out.
  11. Liongale Dedicated Player

They are short on manpower, and as I have heard it described, the amount of tickets they get on a daily basis is overwhelming. They just don't have the resources anymore to answer all the tickets to take the time out to fix our errors. That's why they are adding so many failsafes to protect the players in the first place- like the new addition of confirming the correct role piece when purchasing gear.

From what I've heard, even your highest estimates wouldn't guess just how swamped they get.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Customer Service is there to help you with technical problems. Deleting an item is not a technical problem. As I have said before, and even Mepps himself has said before, the volume of tickets they must get about people accidentally deleting stuff must be enormous. They are customer service, they are not a service to replace your items because you didn't look at the screen properly. That being said, as far as I am aware the customer service person you deal with may replace the item at their own discretion but there is a policy that this is only done once every 90 days.
  13. treehunter904 New Player

it doesn't matter. they replaced items that you deleted for 3 years. just because they cut back on manpower doesn't mean they should stop doing things they have done for as long as I can remember.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They reserve the right to change their policy whenever they like. You also have to realise that the population of this game grows every day, which means more and more tickets.
  15. treehunter904 New Player

actually the population is getting lower and lower. since new games are coming out suchs as GTA, FF14, BF4,COD. when u sign in look at the population screen it shows and its about half what it used to b.dont get me wrong I love dc but the population is getting worse and worse. and im not trying to argue just saying that shouldn't change policies that they have had for 3 years
  16. cravex15 Dedicated Player

I feel you. I accidentally deleted a lockbox once cuz I was cleaning out my inventory so fast when I got to the lockbox I meant to open it and instead I agreed to delete it.:eek: :confused:
    Sucks cuz there was a 50/50 chance that it contained something valuable but.....I guess it was just one of those things.
    I beat myself up for like 10min then shrugged it off and moved on.
    To this day I'll never know if I actually got that gold aura I always wanted....:rolleyes:.Oh well
    I bought one in the broker a month later anyway.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately I do not see the population bar because I'm Legendary so I go straight into the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Proof or you're just making a lot of hot air. Unless you have solid numbers and figures, or a staff member you can quote, nothing you say here is reliable.
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... I can understand why they took the hands off approach to trade scams; they take time to investigate and resolve. A customer service rep would have to record the information and then see if the accused scammer can be tracked down and/or make sure the complaint is legitimate; any player could "claim" to be a victim of a trade scam in order to recieve free loot. This would almost require a separate customer service team, and I am sure SOE does not want to pay for that.

Again, SOE is putting more responsibilty on the player to keep their items and accounts safe. You can still trade; just do it carefully.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

It's based on demand. Sometimes you have to change a policy simply based on the load of certain ticket types. I'm sure they'd love to give us full service on all of our needs, but that's not humanly possible for them. It's in their interest to provide the best service they can. It's not in their interest to attempt to provide service they can't keep up with. That would lead to longer ticket times and incidents of all problem types would suffer.