Up-Votes Needed Crashes every 2 hours! Ongoing issue PC!

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Kinjikanjo, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Kinjikanjo New Player

Hi I've been having a crash to desktop issue with the game for a little while now. A little bit ago it pretty infrequent. Now since the last update. It's been a recurring issue. No idea what's causing it. Basically the game runs for say 2 - 3 hours no problems, then randomly crashes. There's no apparent cause to it, I could be doing anything thinkable in-game. I've noticed a lot of other people saying they have this issue. So it's not just me. It's for PC as well, I haven't seen any PS players talk about their games crashing as much.

Before you tell me to update stuff, reinstall, internet settings, firewall, blah blah. I've tried EVERYTHING! Still getting crashes :( . No error log reporter, just straight CTD (crash to desktop).

I'm getting really frustrated with it I just want to play and chill with friends without having to worry about crashing randomly... I even crash when standing still in HoL just talking in league chat. Like wth every other game I have runs so well. Please pleaaaaaase help!! TT____TT
    • Like x 20
  2. TechLouis New Player

Hello I am having the same issue ever since the update it will crash and exit the game after a while.
    • Like x 5
  3. Lusyydia New Player

Having the same issue. Game just randomly closing in on itself.
    • Like x 5
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife and I have the same issue on two separate PCs.
    • Like x 6
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just crashed after two hours in the game. Went to teleport to the Arkham race for the seasonal, and the game crashed between zones.
    • Like x 5
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife's game crashed while zoning into Metropolis Battlezone during the Strike Team operation after the first boss fight. I just crashed after a Kahndaq run when I returned to the House of Legends. It seems primarily to be during zoning for us.
    • Like x 5
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I have found that there is a better chance of the game crashing just before reset time(s) and during peak times in my time zone and area the country of where I live. I play on the Playstation, but that does not mean that I have not experienced crashes, either. Holidays can be tough, especially national holidays when a lot of people are off from work/school. The weekends have the same issues for me as well, such as mid to late afternoon and mid to late evening/EU server reset ( I am in New Jersey, USA EST).

I suggest taking notes on the time of day/evening that you are experiencing crashes as well as what your character was doing when the crash happens. That may help you to figure out when are the best times to play the game and help the devs to put an update/fix in place.
    • Like x 2
  8. XBlue Well-Known Player

The Game crashed mostly in the "House of Legends" near the R&E Station or when I am interact with the NPC and/or R&E Station. The Game shut down completly without Error Message.
    • Like x 3
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The game also tends to minimize itself or go out of focus within the first 10-15 minutes in the game. Putting the game back in focus keeps it in focus until the next time it crashes. Then starting the game up again, we get to deal with it losing focus within the first 10-15 minutes again.

This game has some weird issues sometimes.
    • Like x 3
  10. myandria Item Storage

That's interesting; I have not had any focus issues on the PS4; only lag and unexpected crashes/mapserves. I wonder if it is a display setting's issue that is causing your game to go out of focus at startup and to minimize the window.
    • Like x 2
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It happens to my wife who plays full screen and me playing windowed. Our friend just reported it happens to him playing full screen too, which is why I mentioned it. I think it's just a PC Windows issue with multiple applications running simultaneously.
    • Like x 3
  12. myandria Item Storage

You may be right about that. What version of Windows are you and your wife running?
    • Like x 2
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Windows 10, 20H2.
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

Ahh ok. If that is the latest update then it may be the source of your issue. If you havent updated recently, you may have to do so. I'm still working with Windows 8.1 and all of my PC games still work well with no issues.
    • Like x 2
  15. A1tlantis New Player

PC crashes every 1-2 hours. Either by using a teleporter , going into a instance, using a NPC, etc. Also after playing for about 10-15 minutes the game window closes. It has been doing this on windows 10 and on windows 11. I even did a clean install and nothing helps. My pc is only 1 month old. I bought it thinking it was a issue with my other pc but turns out it's a DCUO issue. Sometimes when teleporting the whole came freezes and all I can do is a hard reset. Yes I have spoken to Microsoft, AMD and HP all stated its an issue with the game.
    • Like x 5
  16. Sithelos New Player

I consistently crash between 1-2 hours of playing. Sometimes when I zone, sometimes when I open a tab in my inventory, and sometimes just standing still doing nothing. I did a fresh install of the game and the crash time went up to around 5 hours of playing, but after a day it went back to crashing between 1 and 2 hours.
    • Like x 3
  17. BloodyTime New Player

Yeah I've been away for a while a decided to get back into playing but honestly I'm done playing this, it always CTD while in a raid and I can never get back in without redoing the entire thing again. Not sure how to actually play the game so whatever. So dumb.
    • Like x 3
  18. The Dackman New Player

I'm not sure if it is due to the server Maintenance from Thursday but I played for 2 hours on 11/19/21 and crashed 3 times. I played another online game for 3 hours before I got on DC with no issues at all. I am on US PC.
    • Like x 2
  19. XBlue Well-Known Player

Still have this problem too!
    • Like x 2
  20. KapteinKapsel New Player

Mine does the same, crashes randomly a few times a day. I play a lot. Crashes less than it disconnects, but since the update my game have been crashing or disconnecting multiple times a day, at this point I'm fuming!!
    • Like x 3