Up-Votes Needed Crashes every 2 hours! Ongoing issue PC!

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Kinjikanjo, Sep 24, 2021.

1. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Yup, same problem for me.
    • Like x 3
  2. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

5 times today so far it has crashed. I am another PC player and it does always seem to be after warping to House of Legends.

Sorry but something isn't right.
    • Like x 3
  3. XBlue Well-Known Player

For me, the game still crashes very often. Now and then with this error message!

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Okay, I have done some tests and found some roots to the problem: DCUO crashes whenever something makes it work a lot. Rais with many enemies and instances with many players. This, allied with the time it takes and the fact that some of you crash on fullscreen mode, indicate a memory leak. Turns out that some games run faster on windowed mode albeit losing a bit of FPS over it, which won't be the case if your pc is much superior to the game's requirements.

Anyways, here is a workaround for some of you:

1. Don't play on fullscreen mode at all. Switch to windowed.
    2. Close everything on your pc except steam. When opening the game, minimize steam. <- THIS IS ESSENTIAL. Steam does have memory leaks too.
    3. Whenever you get into the game, warp to your hideout ASAP.
    4. When warping to House of Legends, don't use your movement skills, walk. Seriously. When walking,
    5. When raiding, avoid clusters, keep your distance. Or do not raid at all. Sad, I know, but better than crash mid raid.

Note, however, that steps 1 and 2 might make the others disposable. I have been doing that for nearly 2 months and never experienced one single crash ever since.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I have no good suggestions, since I'm a PC player who hasn't had any crashes at all recently, but one thing to try is running DCUO without Steam. I used to have all kinds of issues with Steam running, so I started running without it. Just go to your Steam folder, under SteamApps/Common/DC Universe Online and run the launchpad.

I hope this issue is diagnosed and resolved quickly for everyone experiencing it.
    • Like x 2
  6. War Active Player

PC player also and I am getting pissed off and getting to the point of quiting the game over the disconnets. All of my disconnect are in the new DLC content. Mostly in the duo and alert multiple time in a day. I have never had disconnect issues until this new DLC dropped. It is frustrating and so far only happens in these areas. I runn this windowed and without steam
    • Like x 4
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Windows Error Reporting catches it as a memory leak:
    Code:
    Fault bucket 2009133527114125891, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: DCGAME.EXE
    P2: 78.0.30693.2369
    P3: 10.0.19044.2.0.0
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\Users\Mik\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR2C41.tmp\empty.txt
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C52.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C63.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C61.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2C81.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 1a5e3150-13ad-41c1-83d1-33b244e8f5f6
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 988931c5a8786f42dbe1e04c4df71243
    Code:
    Faulting application name: DCGAME.EXE, version: 78.0.30693.2369, time stamp: 0x61da29d9
    Faulting module name: DCGAME.EXE, version: 78.0.30693.2369, time stamp: 0x61da29d9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x007b6747
    Faulting process id: 0x3e44
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d80bb188fee95a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DC Universe Online\Unreal3\Binaries\Win32\DCGAME.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DC Universe Online\Unreal3\Binaries\Win32\DCGAME.EXE
    Report Id: faaad1ea-b806-45f0-9c0f-2c03364325d5
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 
    • Like x 5
  8. Sylo Committed Player

Crashes every play at around the 40-60 minute mark for me. I've posted a report in another thread, but the devs seem to be ignoring the issue. One thing I've noticed before a crash is either textures/maps not loading on an item or npc or no npc's or players loading which signals a massive memory leak.
    • Like x 3
  9. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

I've got the same issue on PC, what i have noticed is that you start to see some weird stuff and if i travel (warp) a lot i get disconected much faster, most of the time when i'm stuck on a raid or a closed instance it does not ocurr.

Computer:
    Windows 10 home edition (up to date)
    Ryzen 5 3600x
    32 GB Ram
    512 M.2 ssd
    Radeon 5500XT 8gb (in the configuration, this card is not listed)

Weird in game visual bugs
    [IMG]

Black things, scenario, base items, etc.
    [IMG]

Black load screen or sometimes it shows a screenshow of where were you
    [IMG]

The crahes always ocurr to me when the character is in that "kinda bugged state" that people used for the last exp glitch, most of the time it gives me the auth error screen.

Another thing, sometimes the game crashes and there is not a thing u can do but to reset the computer with the power button or if u are lucky and can open a command promt, reset with commands. I could try to give more feedback on that point, since i know other people with different systems than i have suffer the same issue, and some PS players too, where they need to reset the PS.

To me this seems like the game is endangering the hardware.
    • Like x 4
  10. Leonite Well-Known Player

This happened to me as well, a few times this weekend. No visual issues or sorts. I just warp (or exis an instance) and I'm back in my desktop. No error windows, no nothing.
    • Like x 3
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Check if you have error details in your Event Viewer logs:
    1. Go to your search bar in Windows Type here to search
    2. Type "eventvwr.msc" and press Enter to launch Event Viewer
    3. Navigate to Windows Logs
    4. Navigate to Application under Windows Logs
    5. Click on an item in the list (most should say Information as their log level)
    6. Press CTRL + F
    7. Type in DCGame.exe and press Enter
    8. Use F3 to navigate to subsequent logs with DCGAME.EXE involved
    9. Look for Event 1001 for Windows Error Reporting or Event 1000 for Application Error events
    You should see something similar to my previous post
    • Like x 3
  12. Leonite Well-Known Player

That's one of the first things I checked when I saw this forum thread but nope, nothing there except for an old entry before Valentine's day.

PS. It happened again and this time, I was back in my desktop after choosing a character from the Select Character screen.
    • Like x 3
  13. Sylo Committed Player

It's a memory leak. It would be nice if a dev actually acknowledged this thread. I'm crashing now at about the 40 minute mark.
    • Like x 3
  14. leavemebee New Player

Same after a hour or 2 somethings turn black then I know that im going to crash :p it happens more sooner if I warp to other maps like running all tier 5 bounties
    • Like x 2
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

bump
    • Like x 3
  16. Kinjikanjo New Player

-BUMP- any other updates on this!? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. Betleskisan New Player

Yeah I routinely get booted to the desktop, mostly in the new area (Dakota City). Sometimes I can click the tile on the taskbar to go right back in. Sometimes I have to do something more extreme, up to and including rebooting my whole machine!
    • Like x 1
  18. Vulcanian Level 30

Mine is still crashing now since the June 2nd update and I even bought a new gaming computer. It still crashing even today. I was hoping that this update would have fixed the problem but no. I pay to play just like most people do. I read that the EU ps/pc players got a nice little gift because of their inability to stay on the game. Well the US ps/pc players did'nt get anything and some are still unable to play the game. I don't understand why you can't get this fixed. How high up the food chain must we go to get some help here.
    • Like x 2
  19. Vulcanian Level 30

That's what my PC said when I tried to uninstall the game to reinstall it. When I get kicked I get the <0x0009,3,0> message.
    • Like x 1
  20. Limey Committed Player

EU got a gift because it was a server/client related issue. Crashing on US isn't wide-spread, and is therefore more than likely an issue with your PC, not the game itself and therefore doesn't warrant any freebies.