Could we Re-Utilize Smallville for an open world area?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I love the area, in our 13 years of the game it's only been used for content twice if i'm not mistaken, the alert and the first portion of the Earth 3 duo.

We've gotten central city as an open world area twice
    Washington will now have been used 3 times
    Metro and Gotham have been reused for multiple episode which I understand, They're large areas and many sections you can utilize for content.

Smallville is the perfect size to use for a future episode. There's many areas on the map you can use for daily missions and world bosses. Maybe down the line for a superman themed DLC we can have Darkseid invade and we're clearing Parademons out of the town? just spit balling here

What's everyone's thoughts?
    • Like x 6
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

At this point I didn't mind re-using any older content as long as we get something new.

For clarification... I don't mind going back there if the stuff to do there is new. 2 new mini bosses with one main boss. Trash mobs would need to be changed to apply to the bosses.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm surprised it hasn't been used for an open world.

Many of the early alerts and even some PVP instances could be used. We haven't had an open world FOS, or an open world Australia (this map could be reused in parts for something else). Of course for an episode it would need to make sense in the context of the episode.

Other existing open world areas that haven't been used as much:

- Gorilla Island
    - HIVE Moon Base
    - Oolong Island
    - Bludhaven
    - Coast City
    - Thanagar (could be under attack?)
    - Titans Island (could be under attack?)

There's also Atlantis and 31st Century New Earth, but Atlantis would look the same and would be controversial with swimming, and 31st would only make sense if we get a Long Live the Legion II.

If not an open world for an episode then for another new game mode.
    • Like x 2
  4. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Some of my favorite areas was definitely New Genisis And Atlantis And Even Gotham Wastelands I Would Also Love To See Lantern Open world perhaps on they’re actual planets could be nice
  5. Bowieite Active Player

I want more open world areas to place bases. I mean, Coast City and Central/Keystone would be awesome. Just Gotham and Metropolis is kind of boring at this point.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Im definetly 100% for that idea some of the earliest alerts like oolong or Hive are very big and i loved them im sure that some newer players barely even played them so they wouldnt know its reused but that would help them focus more on the content itself by reusing these maps with some polishing and cherry on top im sure it could be great.
    • Like x 1
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Other than the last 2, which are already open worlds, these are excellent suggestions. Although I would have PTSD from Bludhaven legends PVE feats :mad:!
    • Like x 2
  8. Some rando Active Player

I'd suggest a complete overhaul of the existing Gotham and Metropolis maps and of the Hand of Fate DLC.

Smallville is very good as it's own area in an alert/duo without being an open world. That makes it feel fresh everytime you play one of those instances and making it an open world would take away from that.
  9. BathroomPapi Level 30

Honestly reusing Smallville isn’t a bad idea, as long as they add to it like the town as well and not some Main Street and farmland. A decent size town
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Could we get a Fortress of Solitude open world? I don't think reusing the FOS raids or the FOS PVP map would work specifically, but assets could be reused/repurposed like with Patchwork Themyscira.