Cosmetic items = $$$

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ProfessorKanua, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Shapiro Well-Known Player

If this was true then they never would have taken the gear with role specific styles and released other versions so others could have those styles as well.
  2. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

And here lies their biggest problem. People are literally desperate to support the game in ways other than RB's and yet at almost every opportunity they give it to us for free....with strings attached. Most people just want the fire effect not the rest of the style. Most people would love the Quickstryke back style but don't want the insignia.....at least we got the halo finally without the mask....again for free. I don't understand why they are so afraid to sell us things we want.
    • Like x 3
  3. Zlohsac Committed Player

If you think their biggest problem is not selling the population styles they want, I fear you are terribly misinformed.
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Well imo people shouldnt be so picky. Like the firestorm style. Hes iconic. They could put him in the game as an iconic. But they dont need to give us his style. I know people talking about the fire head already. I had a few league mates comment on it also. I say be grateful we getting something cool like that.

At this point i think they have seen all the comments about going away from replays and making the MP better. Dont think going away from replays is gonna happen. The MP? Lately with the emblems and batcave/flash base items and seasonal auras it has gotten better. Could it be way better? Sure it could. Ive said this before, are they able to even take the risk of going away from replays? Companies look at risk. If the risk is too great then its never gonna happen. Their model atm is so replayed focused with all the things u use replays for and future stuff too. If they went away from that and it didnt work out? Game probaly shuts down. So great risk. We can keep saying go away from replays all we want. But at this point if they were gonna do it, they would have already. Just saying.
  5. Alina Well-Known Player

So you rather them charge you $10-50 for a non-animated hair styles? How about a UI while we are at it. Make it $150. And $200 for the 'High Texture Detail Edition' that was removed from Beta.

[IMG]

[IMG]

<Sigh> $60 emotes that just what we need...
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh wow i had no idea they cost that much. I just saw some yt vids. $60? Really?
  8. Alina Well-Known Player

What?! That's worse. What's next superman's chin for 5000 sc?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Snap out of it.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Compared to what the MP was before? Yes it has gotten better. And ya know if u dont like the game then dont play it. There is that choice. U know that right? I like some of the stuff they have done. U dont seem to like anything. I dont get the people on here who seem to complain about everything yet still pay for this game. If u dont like it why pay for it/play it?
  10. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Context dude.....context

People maybe shouldn't be picky if they get it for free. But people have been telling them they are willing to pay for a lot of this stuff. And i'm not talking about MP exclusive. They can have the firestorm style in game and on the MP. So where's the risk? The possible backlash from people that think that you should 'earn' all this stuff rather than be able to buy it? I'm not sure that crowd is as big as it used to be. It's not a risk problem, it's them not understanding what people will and wont pay for *cough* BvS posters *cough*. It's about them learning how to use the MP effectively. Even if it never comes close to the sort of money RB badges make, it's still another source of income. People want to pay for stuff because they want their money invested in the game and in return see their game improve.......So it's a little frustrating with all this 'shut up and take my money' attitude that they just don't seem to want to sell us the stuff we'd actually pay for.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alina Well-Known Player

It's $10 for a few emotes. Does that make it better? You can get more without paying in other mmos.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alina Well-Known Player

It's called criticism. If I didn't like anything I'd never would have bought the game twice and several of the dlc 2x over on both platforms. I am just trying to get a better deal. I don't do pretentious praising. I am not going to write a letter full of similes and send money in a envelope for a promise.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zlohsac Committed Player

Right you are.

I was kidding ;)
  14. Zlohsac Committed Player

Not everyone that is on the forums plays the game or pays for it anymore.

You don't need to play it to know that in it's current state, it's garbage.

Maybe some of us are here hoping it'll get better or maybe we're just here killing time until a better superhero MMO comes along. Or maybe it's for something entirely different, I don't know I can't speak for everyone.
    • Like x 3
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Tried CO about 2 years ago....... and did not like it..... at all.

So unless there was some HUGE changes to CO in the past 2 years..... DCUO is much better then CO in my book.

Played DDO and LotRO before playing DCUO.

And since I tried CO, Marvel Heroes, Rift, Terra, SWtoR, Defiance, Warframe..... and others I am sure I fail to mention.

And the only one I am still playing right now is DCUO.

But I did not try FF14 or Guild Wars 2.

DCUO did get 4 votes. The 0 is that the 4 votes did count for less the 1% of the votes... so 0%. ;) ;)

You mention that DCUO would shut down if not for the DC brand.

But what of SWtoR??
    Despite being SW.... many see this game as a failure. And it barely got 7% of the votes.

And FF14 is part of the Final Fantasy brand.

ESO is part of the Elder Scroll barnd...... and somehow it got more votes then the actual winner. ;)
    Somehow the MOP writers did not vote the same way as the fan base did. ;)

Marvel Heroes..... Rift.... Star Trek..... WoW...... all part of an established brand.

Did people vote for those because of the game??? or for the brand?? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  16. Alina Well-Known Player

You only need to take one look at my signature to see the attitude that this game believes in. Like people said if this game doesn't start changing soon it will have competition in newer hero games. The console community can brag all it likes, but it doesn't change the truth that the game needs to be merged to the PC, PS3, and PS4 to keep it's population from dropping. That's not better. That's life support. :rolleyes:

• Like x 3
  17. Zlohsac Committed Player

I'd have to agree with you that DCUO is better then CO. DCUO is the best option right now for a superhero MMO where you get to create your own character instead of being forced to play one like in Marvel Heroes. But that doesn't mean much when it's competition is very little to almost none at all. It's the best of the bad...I wouldn't really be proud of that.

DCUO does thrive (if you wanna call it that) because of the DC brand backing it. Do you really think this game would make it if it didn't? DCUO is a game that used to be great that now sucks and is still around because of the DC brand. That's not to say that the other MMOs that you mentioned aren't in the same boat.

So what is one to do?

Wait for this game to get better (i'm not holding my breath)

Wait for City of Titans and/or Valiance Online to go live and hope they're anything close to as good as City of Heroes was.

Or maybe give up on the superhero MMO genre altogether and try something different.
    • Like x 1
  18. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I don't like your sig DCUO is still better than all of those even though DCUO sucks at times
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

I think you are the one confused.

NOT responding to that other thread/poll that you just posted the link to in this post.

I was responding to YOUR earlier post in THIS very thread.
    So not sure how you can think it is the "Wrong Thread"?? :confused:

Was going to make a joke about how it is a FACT that DCUO is the best....... but will refrain from doing so seeing the confusion here already. ;) ;)
  20. Alina Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]