Controllers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pults, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I never quite understand this? People say the xbox controllers are more comfortable but I have zero problems playing with either even over extensive periods of time to the point where I have zero preference in terms of comfort.

If anything from a natural perspective I find the xbox ones to be ever so slightly more awkward; I guess that's why its most important to handle the controllers yourself and make your own decision ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. The Loveless Well-Known Player

Again, cannot speak to DS4's, but...

Do you have a DS3 lying around? If you pick it up with 2 hands and just hold it without thinking about it (say, while your are waiting for a corporate/legal splash screen to pass) you will likely look down and find that your left thumb is on the DPad.

With an Xbox 360/One controller, you will find that your thumb is on an Analog stick. Your thumbs will be in a fairly symmetrical position for the majority of your playtime. With a Sony controller you will be slightly reaching over to move the analog stick (and your in-game character) for the majority of your playtime. This is a little additional stress that is compounded by force-feedback (vibration) over time.

I completely agree that it all comes down to preference. I am glad that you have no problems using either one, but i actually prefer the Sony controllers for older games or fighting games because of the 'superior' placement and quality of the DPad.
  3. metalfenix Committed Player

I like to live on the edge, I play on PC using my old PS3 controller (DS3) using SCP drivers.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

You're right my fingers do naturally rest on the D-Pad, but I actually prefer that... then again I grew up gaming without analogue sticks being present.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have a few videos about Controllers that might help you decide. ;)
    Here is a free sample. ;)
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I have a logitech gamepad, simple plug and play. But i prefer using the wireless PS4, feels comfy and... well... it's wireless. There's just this one time setup where you download an app and it emulates an xbox gamepad so you don't have to manually map it.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Was too busy being funny.... forgot to mention I also use a Logitech controller.
    It works fine..... only thing is I need to reinstall the drivers whenever I do a Windows update. ;)
  8. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I have always used the Xbox 360 controller. Its plug n play and works great once you get the hang of it.

Full disclosure: Most people physically can't press buttons as quick with a controller vs a keyboard+mouse (especially a gaming one) which doesn't matter as much in PVE since intense clipping isn't as needed by as many powersets anymore but it can make a difference in high in pvp content.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

I been using a reg old xbox controller for 3 years now. Ive replaced it a few times but keep buying the same 1. Its cheap like $20 and for me they have lasted a long time. Ive gone through 3 of em in 3.8 years. Well im currently on my 3rd controller.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

How is that good, that's like a 12 month lifespan? I'd be expecting way more out of it.

I had my DS3 controller for about 6 years no problems and my DS4 for about 2 years now, no problems.

From what I'm seeing from other people's comments as well, the build quality of these xbox controllers is seemingly vastly inferior to playstations.

I guess you get what you pay for in my mind if you have the money, buy once, buy quality = DS4 controller.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Whew.

Thought this was a Role-Bashing thread at first.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I think it's more how hard we are on them than their durability. I'm a very heavy handed player and I ruined my first XBox360 controller playing Warframe. After learning why I ruined it, my replacement isn't anywhere near as damaged.

My brother ruined his PS3 controller rather quickly. Really I just see it as preferences, as I bet you are just a light touch player. You should hear me on my keyboard... Ask a few players I met at SOE Live at how heavy I hit. Maybe like Brice remembers or something.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You mean I don't rage out and throw it against the wall? but no seriously, pressing the buttons harder doesn't make them work any differently, maybe you're right though.
  14. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I switched to PC gaming in 2010. I use a wireless 360 pad and have never used a KB & M for any game. ever. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

I've had to replace many a mouse due to holding LB too hard while lunging. I guess it'd be the same on a pad too.
  16. Noble One Committed Player

i played ps3 since launch and play with xbox 1/360 controllers. i would recommend the xbox one as it feels better for movement of the cam and use of powers. the one thing that will take getting use to will be targeting as it WAAAY easier with a mouse.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did not experience that on the Logitech game pad.

In my case the Left stick and the L2 button are acting a bit funky sometimes. So I will need a new gamepad.

But I have been using my gamepad since the game went F2P..... so I played 5 years with my gamepad before needing to change it.
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

Sounds odd I know but before you trash it try this,

rinse it out under the hottest running water you can and let it sit to dry for about 4-5 hrs.

No, I'm not trying to ruin it, this actually works on keyboards that someone has spilled soda, koolaid, BEER or any thing of that nature.

The hotter the water the faster it will rinse the dirt and sticky stuff out, it also dries faster due to the circuit board retaining the heat.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Will try that Gimpy.... thanks. ;)

Am not worried about ruining it..... I am thinking of replacing it anyway.... so...

I will try what you suggest.... and we will see how it goes.
    Thanks. ;) ;)
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

That's pretty good mileage by any standard.
    • Like x 1