Controllers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pults, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Pults Loyal Player

Curious to try out DCUO with a controller since I'm a PC player that uses only keboard and mouse.

Q: Which controller should I pick and why?
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

the controllers for me as i am a pc player and have try both ps2&Xbox i would have to go with the Xbox one not to many different reason's considering they do play the same" i would go off by which one do you think is more comfortable for yourself.
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

have a xbox 360 controller. Hate to play dcuo with it (just easier with keyboard and mouse for me :D).
    But the xbox controllers are good. You don'T need any additional software. maybe just a driver.

P.S. came here for a controller (role) related post xd
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Sorry, will be more descriptive next time I have questions like this.
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

I have an Xbox One controller that I use for other games, too used to wasd on this one.
    Plug and play straight from the box which was good. Pretty sure you'd need to source your own drivers etc to run a PS dualshock on PC.
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

I heard HL is a great controller.

OH WAIT!
    • Like x 2
  7. Pults Loyal Player

MUNITIONS!

If only trilling was more than playing a battery, I'd acutally use my alt more frequently.
    • Like x 2
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I am going to assume you actually wanted an answer on which of the available powersets to pick NOT which PLATFORM to play on LOL

Several good choices and keep in mind this is just my opinion others will probably give different ones....

Quantum.... Great holds and stuns and the Event Horizon (supercharge) does a great job of reflecting damage away from your entire team and restores power over time. Oh and your P.O.T is also a good stun/hold.

Munitions .. Reload is a great Power push and the Active Protection System works just like the event horizon I described in Quantum shielding your team and restoring power over time.

Gadgets .. does a god job as well but I list Quantum and Munitions ahead of it because both, for me anyway, do more damage on the DPS side so you can play both roles well.

All of them work fine so its really your preference that counts but those TWO are my favorites. Good luck and I hope this helps a bit
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

Not helpful, or funny. Did you read the op?
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I know, right? I wanted to play as a controller when I first started with DCUO, I thought that using debuffs and CC would make a fantastic combat class, but when I saw trollers were just walking soder colas, I gave up.
    • Like x 1
  11. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Those gaming mice with the programmable buttons sound like pretty OP controllers.

As far as powers, pick mental because they are all similar turning adds into ghosts is funny. Or Quantum if you like teleporting in front of people going through the halls and the powers look cool.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well I MAY be one of a very few almost dreading the upcoming changes.. If AM loses its ability to allow a DPS to recharge themselves I get to go back to being the Damn every ready bunny again :( At least now when I manage to find a team where they actually know HOW to use their combos and keep their own power level high I can actually USE the other 3-4 powers in my tray. Not that every DPS out there has ever figured that out since I still find teams where 10 seconds into battling a mob, IF THTA LONG, all 3 DPS have no power left and I spend the rest of that alert hit P.O.T and Power Push .. and during the boss battles kick in the Event Horizon / Active Protection System.

I know the combos are staying but not sure if they will be as effective as they used to be.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I've tried both Xbox and PS controller on PC. Xbox360 controller feels better in the hand to me and is easier to setup.

I heard there was a recent Windows 10 update that made the Xbox1 controller not work right with some games.

Like a person said above, I'm too used to KB/M to use a controller, but I know a lot of people prefer the XBox360 controller.
  14. Canadian Justice Committed Player

For ease of use, there are two options, the X-Box 360 controller and the X-Box One controller. Both of these controllers are plug and play, Windows will recognize them both and get the drivers automatically.

I find the X-Box One controller to be a little better overall as far as button responsiveness and build quality. It's also slightly larger than a 360 controller. However, the X-Box 360 controller is cheaper, so unless you plan to use a controller for a lot of gaming then that may be a better choice.

It's important to note that since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update the X-Box One controller has had a few compatibility issues with certain games and other programs. I believe in game functionality has been fixed as far as playing games go but binding a push to talk to the controller in something like Discord is still not possible. I'm not sure how far this issue spreads but I find it to be a minor inconvenience at most.
    • Like x 2
  15. Pults Loyal Player

I use one of those mmo mouses. Mine had a 4 by 5 grind on the side but I've only mapped my breakouts and block to them. Don't have to use my pinky to block (shift key on PC) now I just use my thumb which is much more comfortable since I have to block a lot as fire.
    Was just curious about the controller experience since I don't own any consoles nor plan to get any ever.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Dualshock 4 or Xbox, it really makes no difference it just comes down to personal preference, personally I've found Playstation Controllers to be of exceptionally greater build quality than the xbox ones, genuine or otherwise.

I've been through about 4 xbox controllers where either the analogue sticks wear through or buttons start sticking, all of which have never happened on a playstation controller.

I wouldn't touch any of the PC controllers to be honest.
    • Like x 1
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

You should try a Tank or Healer first.
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

lol ikr...
  19. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Xbox 360 official controller. Plug and play and lasts forever. Been using one since the game released in 2011 and only had to replace it just a few months ago.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Loveless Well-Known Player

Xbox 360 controller ftw. Way more comfortable/natural analog stick layout.

...Unless Dual Shock 4 's are way better than 3's. Even so, The official 360's are good and cheap, and if you don't like using it for whatever reason you won't be out much money.

I agree that Sony Controllers are better made/durable... but that doesn't matter if they are less comfortable for extended playing.