Controller: The Role

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Jun 1, 2015.

1. TheDark Devoted Player

I had time for 1 section. I'm surprised by the 8 man stuns in the powersets. I did throw in the Home Turf hand mode for Gadgets, Mental and Munitions that pretty much grant you an indestructible 2.5 seconds shield with a specific ability.

Still waiting on some things for the shields within the powersets. I might throw in pulls.
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Light has two pulls in the power set.
    • Grasping Hand(will stun single target)
      • It can combo into Grasping Pull by holding melee.
      • It deals a burst tick of damage followed by small DoT(similar to the burning DoT).
      • Grasping Pull will deal 2 ticks of damage.
      • It's the Damage Debuff of the Support Tree
      • Single Target
      • Deals more damage to Dazed enemies
      • Jump Pulling can be a pain with this power due to having to combo to pull. It can be done but is much more tricky.
    • Fan
      • Multi target Pull. It will also knock down and stun
      • Has a 60 degree AoE
      • Deals a burst tick of damage.
      • Deals more damage to Dazed enemies.
      • Combo's into Claw(tap melee), Impact(hold range)
      • This power is easier to use for jump pulling but is an AoE pull so in certain instance's a movement pull or mesmerizing lasso is still recommended.
    • Like x 1
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Light Barrier
    • Duration of 12 seconds
    • Cooldown of 20 seconds
    • Deals three ticks of might based damage back at attackers.
    • Usable while Controlled.
    • Shield Strength is based on 100 % Dom + 100 % Resto + 10
    • Interacts with Regenitive Shielding HT Mod.
    • Support Tree
    Wanted to add
    • Does not remove aggro.
    • Like x 1
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

It's worth noting to that Light Barrier is the only shield option available from the Light Tree's. Triage is a self heal. Shielding was removed in GU 38.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm still not done yet but I'm adding stuff every Monday and Friday. I finally got the tank zone pic I've been wanting to do.

I also added the pulls available to Controller powersets. Mental has no pulls within the powerset.

Next I'll be adding all the CC types in the powersets I think before going onto Power Interactions.
    • Like x 2
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The blue mine from gadgets is also a pull as well. 8 man pull mid range. It pulls them to the spot you placed the mine.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

By that logic Singularity is also a pull. Which it is. But I'm referring to long distance pulls here. Not close range ones.
  8. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

This might save some time. Its from the Light user guide, Some of them will apply multiple control effects(such as Fan - Pull, Knock Down, and Stun or Impact/Ram - Knock Back/Up and Stun). You may want to include somewhere that Light's combo's will apply a weapon level control effect. It'll CC with appropriate dom level when applicable but the duration will be shorter than power CC. The Channel Combo Attacks( Light Blast and Mini Gun) can control longer. But that's for the duration of the channel(unless the enemy gains immunity).

Powers categorized by Control effect
    • Stun
      • Claws(DPS stance w/proper Dom), Impact, Ram, Mini Gun, Light Blast, Spike Quake, Grasping Hand, Snap Trap, Fan, Whip Thrash, Hand Clap
    • Knock up/down
      • Hand Clap, Impact, Ram, Spike Quake, Gloves, Chainsaw, Lunging Swing, Light Weight, Final Claw
    • Encasement's
      • Entrap
    • Panics
      • Claws, Chompers, Chainsaw(Threaten)
    • Push
      • Mini Gun
    • Juggle
      • Mini Gun, Hand Clap(both can)
    • Pull
      • Grasping Hand, Fan
    Single Target Control Effects
    • Snap Trap - Stun
    • Grasping Hand - Stun (Grasping Hand combo to pull)
    • Hand Clap - Knock Down, Stun(in controller stance)
    • Light Claw - Stun(DPS Role), Panics single target
    • Boxing Glove - Knock Down
    • Chainsaw - Knock Down
    All others are AoE ranging from 60 to 180 degree AoE's. Exceptions would be Spike Quake, Chompers and Entrap which will affect enemies around the targeted enemy in a small 360 AoE. Light Weight will affect enemies in short range 360 degree around the user.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Sadly, with GU49 Fire Tanks no longer have access to Fire AM power return mechanics (only the damage ones).
    • Like x 2
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

With Arkham Knight coming out soon, Gadgets testing, & SM, I'm putting this project on hold. I'll get to it when I have time/up for it. All Controller mechanic related questions I can still answer and/or look into.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

For all you Controllers, you can get Chanters Sunken Rune. It's a pet trinket that doesn't share the same cool down with your normal vit trinket. It has 247 vit I think which is about 17 PoT ticks. You can use them when/if you cycle trinkets. You get it in the current tides of war seasonal. I believe it costs 1 mark of victory.

Cycling vit trinkets is a great way to try and keep yourself buffed so you have more power to feed power hungry healers, tanks or dps (assuming they fail to use their power return correctly) through your PoT ticks, instant power heals and supercharges. Vit trinkets also increase your power regen via hit combo meter building.
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I applaud the effort and detail that you have put into this. Good work!
    • Like x 1
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Can't remember if this is correct or not. I think it is.... The Chanters Sunken Rune will also return power ticks to the user randomly while its out(and increase ViT for 20 secs).

Pretty handy little pet trinket for controllers. Just remember in area's where Pets get in the way we'll need to not use it(Thrones).
    • Like x 2
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I can't tell you how many times that Crab man pulled through with his mini-PoT for me
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

In game update 50

16. TheDark Devoted Player

I tested the triple tick. It basically varied. You have to be much more accurate to achieve it otherwise it will not show. Both have to cast PoT at the exact same time. Thing is it's impractical now, not many groups use 2 controllers anymore, and something else.

You can still get the double tick off the other controller if they cast PoT first. If the higher PoT controller needs to cast over the less PoT controller, keeping the ticks sync still works.
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Thank you for this guide! I started quantum troll a few weeks ago, will be really helpful.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Update on Damage Debuff

It's only recently that the dev's started adding another function to the damage debuff.

There is an NPC in Desecrated Cathedral named James, 2nd boss, who displays the green crosshairs under his nametag. That is an icon indicative of a buff.

Around the time of Origin Crisis, it was reported by a Dev that the buffs were minimal. With James, and future NPCs, the damage debuff will do it's primary job of reducing total damage out by 7% while at the same time it will remove the damage buff on a boss like James.

The debuff to damage will remain active as long as it's up on the boss. The damage buff on a boss, like James, is also confirmed to be significant but player CR, player skill & awareness will always factor in. The threat level for that fight, even in elite, does not require that you need the debuff but it is helpful to have it if CR's are too low or players lack the awareness to complete the James fight.

A developer has mentioned that they will be adding the same type of effect in non-raid content. It would be interesting to throw it into raids so Controller's actually use the debuff and prevent major threats but that was not mentioned.
  19. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

as always, great work dark. i have a toon for just about every powerset and every movement mode. let me know if you are still in need of a short video on any other supercharge animations and their effects via inbox.

i actually had a question regarding word of power and pvp. thses days, in 4'a and 5's matches, whether on eu or us and either platform, i see teams all run with word of power as their power sc of choice. i was wondering if you had any idea why this is the case. going by your section of sc's and their number of ticks and power out, i dont understand why some powers wouldnt choose a sc combined with a group shield over word of power. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Thanks. Greenman helped out with most of the videos.

I dont run pvp in those type of groups but what Word of Power does is it gives minor heal ticks, electrifies, and gives 5 ticks of power but in higher amounts (a base of 100 power per tick over 5 ticks). The movement abilities, along with mental and munitions, give power over 6 ticks at 83 power per tick. Light and Quantum's shield supercharge also give out the same amount of power and in the same fashion as WoP. Perhaps they're looking at it for the delivery of power? Bigger chunks in a smaller amount of time. Perhaps the minor heals too? Idk if those groups still take advantage of electric healers and the Pi's.