Controller: The Role

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Jun 1, 2015.

1. TheDark Devoted Player

Reserved
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

Reserved
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

Reserved
  4. Saybro Committed Player

Great post.....see what i did there...lol
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

6. L T Devoted Player

Fire tanks are a second exception to the rule if they choose to use Absorb Heat or Burning Determination paired with Flame Cascade.

On that same note, I hope one of your many "reserved" posts includes something about setting up PIs for other roles. A Fire tank's job is way easier if someone else lights everything on fire for them.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

8. TheDark Devoted Player

I did not know that :eek:
    I quoted it you so I wouldn't have to type it.

Yup. I have a PI section which also describes Mental & Gadgets as powersets that have an advantage over the other ones. Munitions also sets up Burning. I'll also throw in PI consumables for the other Controller powersets & how they really work.
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

In regards to this section:

I want to add the following:

"Light's Construct Combos can also be used as a method for power regeneration similar to weapon counter build up. Assuming you are equipped with Brawlers; some Light combo chains can reach tier 3 in 5 seconds as an example. For more info visit this link."

For the future section in crowd controlling:

"Light can also perform crowd control effects through their Construct Combos and infinitely crowd control a group of enemies with various effects though these effects will only last as long as weapon attack crowd control effects. On NPCs without breakout profiles, the combo crowd control effects will remain as long as the user continues to combo. On NPCs with breakout profiles, the combos become just as handy as power/ability crowd control effects since you can continue to chain combo with different crowd control effects until the NPC gets immunity. Consider the 1:55 minute part of this video."

Overall solid job on the guide.
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

I put the first 1 in already. The CC one will be added maybe by next week. I won't get back to adding posts until tomorrow or thursday.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

I added the base values for power regen from the power supers including some of the healing powerset supercharges that also heal power. I tried Celestials but after wasting 2 supers I said forget it. takes too long to build super.

The other powerset guides that don't have these numbers can use them as long I am credited.

What I would like to add under the description is a short clip of the supercharges from Mental, Light, Munitions & Quantum. Maybe the healer ones too.

Something like this where you can see the tree it's in, the description, and you using it. This way people can see what it looks like. Some people have themes on their toon and want specific looks.

Ideally, the power out tab should be up, but I'll take it with just the blue numbers appearing. Just need 1 video for each powerset.

I have access to test server. But I cannot record on my PC. Only my PS and I'm not paying $10 for each powerset lol.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think you did a great job, but you seem to have a lot of reservations about your own work :p
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

I don't think it's a lot. Battery's Controller guide had a lot until he filled them all out lol.
    I couldn't post everything I have in 1 day. It'll take several days to get everything up because I work and it's summer time. So I have to look good... for the ladies.

There's only a certain amount of days during the week when I can play the game, or work on this. I'm aiming for everything to be done by the end of the month hopefully. There's a lot of information in my head that I have to word so it's easier for people to understand so I think that contributes to it taking so long too.
    • Like x 1
  14. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I see what you did there
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

K so someone gave me a Mental video. Green'll also be giving me LIght & Quantum. If anyone has a video of Muntions APS, shown just like the videos posted, I'll take them. Same with Speed Drain and Vacuum Bubble.

I also added a Suggested Dom chart in that Dom section. I was aiming to work on this for 2 days but some of us have been working on league recruitment. I do plan on devoting next week to finishing the thread. If someone has questions about the role, you can ask here anyway.
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Videos for Group Shielding, Event Horizon, Speed Drain and Gale/Vacuum Bubble done.
  17. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Awesome job!
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

I think my guide has SC power tick numbers.

Was discussing debuffs with Supreme in another thread. Had never really calculated out the utility, and they're all really bad. Perhaps we should be pressing for a revamp of debuffs. Make the percentages worthwhile, even if they have to be different in PvE and PvP.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

I plan on making a thread about requesting a buff to the debuffs but haven't gotten around to it yet. It'll be soon though. The defense one is pretty lame now. I might just run without it and consider that another wildcard slot.
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

The only Celestial SC that returns power is Sacrifice. It gives 5 ticks with a base of 103. Haven't tested it again since GU 47, though.
    • Like x 1