Check out my melons!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mint Stiletto, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Are you going to build a watermelon castle?
    • Like x 3
  2. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

LOL, hmmmm maybe!;)
  3. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

I would !!! Awesome melon is awesome XD
  4. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Still getting fatter, lots of rain but not much sun. Raining so much yesterday I couldn't take a 5 day pic.
    8/04
    [IMG]

08/10
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Crimson Jonni New Player

LMAO that heavy breathing picture has me near tears every time
  6. Crimson Jonni New Player

H
    How big are they? In comparison to other fruit? Like apple sized ect
  7. Accrues New Player

Imagine if mepps saw the subject. Wonder what he'd say...
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

It's a little smaller than a football right now.
    This guy is the only one left that might get ripe in time, all the other hopefuls were taken by animals or have shriveled up because of all the rain and no sun.
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

He'd say "Melons Yum, I love melons!"
    Everybody loves melons, they are delicious! I'm going to grow some crenshaw melons too next year.
    Good ones taste like a super yummy cantaloupe and a tasty honeydew had a baby, they are really good.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Well all the rain and very little sun for do long has taken it's toll and both the melons I still had hope for have succumb to rot.My spontaneous, unprepared but still loads of fun melon farming has come to an end for the year with no edible melons reaped.[IMG]

I learned a lot in my first blind try and I'll get it right next year.
    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and enthusiasm expressed for my sweet melons, next year I'll be better educated, better prepared melon growing machine:)
    I'm going to use an old 8' x 4' shop table and grow them 4 feet up off the ground and definitely start earlier so all my hopes aren't pinned to the first group of blossoms.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Fooled again...these are not the melons I am looking for!
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Wait till next year, you'll be swimming in pics of sweet melons!
    *paste*

Next year I'm going melon farmer 2.0!
    I'm talking raised 8'x4' growing platform 3' off the ground baby! With built in varmet security and regulated soil drainage.
    Mint's Hanging Melon Gardens of Babylon will be going from "Yum this is a good melon,hey there's some dirt and these are seeds" *poke* to the cover of Big Melons Magazine for micro farmer of the decade!
    So thanks for playing along and making gardening even more fun when shared with goofy friends:)
    Until next year I have to be happy playing with these two,
    [IMG]
    Mint and Steal,two of my favs;)
    • Like x 1
  14. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

15. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Saw an interesting idea the other day. Cut a watermelon in half and scoop out all the contents. Then fill each side with jello shot liquid. Put in fridge and the slice up. So, you'd use the rind instead of a cup.
  16. DC-Doll New Player

Those melons make my mouth water with delight

[IMG]
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Halloween fun: Watermelon brains!

Easy version:

Slightly more elaborate approach:

And if you use a real good template for the 2nd version you can top it off with some strawberry syrup for an impression of more blood :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

19. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Well that sucks. At least you can learn from your mistakes this time and grow more melons next year.