Changes needed in legends

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sabigya, Jul 1, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Huh, I'll have to try some of that out the next time I play as him.

For some reason I thought unless the damage was instant stealth didn't give the crits on everything. Also good to know.

I am curious as to how you would balance out someone like Bane and Catwoman.
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I typically use batmans stealth ability in conjuction with is first ability. The steath move 1st hits for 800 and the second attack can hit for 900 so a free 1.7k move.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So basically just slightly more than Cat get's off of her stealth attack alone.

Why didn't they make the surprise attacks from stealth all have the same base damage? As if giving your next power a 100% crit chance wasn't enough.
    • Like x 1
  4. realTREDD New Player

system is irelivent
    the big problem is their is no way to balance somthing that is intended to be different[weapons/powers], it will never be exactly equal.
    It doesnt matter who devs listen to, balancing a system with so many powers and weapons is impossible.
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So we have decided on Buffing John Stewart and Steel's health to a average amount.
    Lex be taken down a notch with his beam ability being able to cast immediately with low CD, and his missile strike be a bit easier to dodge.
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Another thing needed to be mentioned:
    Cat may use a little drop to her health due her being capable of extremely high damage in a short period of time. Or just a simple increase in power cost.
    Bane, he is considered top tier due to his survivablity and how hard his weapon can hit. I do not know how you can "balance" him so it would be great if anyone could suggest something positive.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

All DoTs should be dodgeable on reaction and/or counterable. That forces players to use them at opportune moments and use the counter system rather than rely on safe damage.
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

So that would mean, Atro's cone puke be interrupt able just as how the real rage set is?
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yes. Perhaps not having DoTs apply immediately would be a good start. Still give some initial ticks, but give players a chance to dodge those attacks if they can.
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

How much total damage can Atro hit just through dots?
    nvm found it
    (3) Rage Expulsion150 power6 sec CDDodgeable
    → Deals 270-350 (310) damage followed by 5 ticks of 60-100 damage (1 sec/tick) for a total of 570-850 (710) damage.
    → On Plasma Burned enemies, deals 324-420 (372) damage on the initial tick for a total of 624-920 (772) damage.
    → Hits 4 targets in a cone without splitting (Panic).
    (4) Plasma Pool250 power18 sec CD
    → Spawns a large pool of plasma that inflicts DoT effects on enemies in the area (10 sec).
    → Each DoT effect deals 6 ticks of 60-100 damage (1 sec/tick) for a total of 360-600 (480) damage.
    → Deals up to 17 ticks of 60-100 damage for a total of 1020-1700 (1360) damage.
    → Hits 8 targets in a field and splits after 2 (Ground).
    Each fight lasts around 30-50 seconds so he can use plasma pool twice which can hit for total of 2720 with just one fight. Now his 3rd move can be used every 6 seconds so He can use it 6 times if we estimate the fight lasts 40 seconds. If we take the minimum he can hit for 3744. So in a 40 second battle can hit for
    6464. That is just through DoT's not even counting other attacks and his weapon combos. and both of these are not interrupt able and one has a large range which is hard to dodge on a node map.
    • Like x 1
  11. SupermanPrime New Player

I think they should just get rid of shields completely also and replace them with diff powers
    • Like x 2
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Reasoning? Some characters need shields to make up for thier relative low health. I however feel that ALL shields must work in a similar fashion, protection against damage for a limited amount of time, not deal 1k damage to the enemy.
  13. SupermanPrime New Player

I mean more along the lines if all the shields don't work the same then just get rid of em and find a different power to replace it with that helps that individual character like on a low health character just replace the shield with a power that gives him a health or tank buff, and on the reflect shield it should be one or the other like still have the power reflect damage back to attacker but also the other toon still takes the damage or it should just be a shield, and like Circe for example she doesn't need a shield and teleport although the only real problem I have with Circe is that she can teleport out of anything even if she's laying on the ground she can teleport you were def right about that it def needs a longer cool down or something.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Excellent point. But circe has a really low health and her shield can make up for it. but her blink ability completely overshadows it.
    Most shields are fine right now, expect for WW.
  15. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

What do u mean by Dr Fate's double pet bug? Never seen this one around and I'm playing legends pretty often.
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You can glitch so you have both sentinels out at once.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

It is a bannable and not many people know it, or people who know it don't use it. That does not exclude it from being fixed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

One more thing to note, Legends melee finishers needs to be towned down. As of now its easily comboable and is free damage. Ranging for 800 [Without being less than 35%] and 1.7k[Being less than 35% health].
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It isn't free damage as it is blockable. They do need a tone down though as they can do more in comparison to power finishers (and quite a bit more considering they can be clipped and can also be clipped with a weapon attack due to the shorter casting time)
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its is much more simpler to cast than lets say saint walkers and cheetah. It mas much too low of a risk to be allowed to hit that much damage. You can easily stop a cheetah or saints move. You cannot sit there blocking everything the enemy tries their finisher. Still does not change the fact that it can hit for 800.