Changes needed in legends

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Sabigya, Jul 1, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

For me the whole idea of "you need to go into legends to gear up" is a load of bull. It just exposes how flawed the current Arena's system is.

Also having the respawn timer at a set amount as well as the amount of health and power a simulation soder restores being a fixed amount can eliminate luck almost entirely outside of the combat system itself.

Also have any of the farmers realized how much faster it is to farm Arenas or are they really that dull? Go into an Arena match and take off all your gear. Even if the other non-farming player insists on KO-ing the farmer, it will happen significantly faster.
    • Like x 3
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

Well unfortunately as long as Arenas is so out of wack new people who actually want to try while gearing up are best off sticking to Legends. And the PVP population needs almost everyone it can get, so we're stuck with this system until Arenas become viable again. As for the farmers, you're right, you'd think they would stick to Arenas since it would be faster to tank. Maybe they want Marks of Legend on the side, as well.

PVP season 3 can't come soon enough for me. Arenas badly need changes in a lot of areas, and until it gets fixed both sides of PVP will suffer for it.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

For some reason I remember hearing something about it happening in GU40 or 41. So it's going to be a few more months sadly.

Should say they will take feedback on altering legends characters you know Clutch will have a field day/week/month with that. If he has a job he may need to take maternity leave.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hero of Justice New Player

If I were the devs I might as well open it up now, I'm sure Clutch will get it all out at SOE Live anyways. Might as well spread it out some :p
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Part of me almost feels like the PvP update for arenas and legends need to be separate game updates as they are both massive beasts that need a lot of focus.
  6. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

1. 2face- buff him used to be good rifle sucks and his hp is low and the rifle bb is horrible he is just a screw up
    2.superman- come on now he is superman not super trash
    3.ursa- needs buff health is soo low for a character that dont have anything in general
    4.Nightwing- He is ok but needs a little buff
    5.steel- is just complete trash now health super low
    6.felix faust- just completely trash
    7.Doctor fate- needs a change in the cooldowns
    Nerfs!!!!!
    1.Circe- come on now she is crazy op and if she gets immunity she wont take damage for like a while she is beyond op if you know how to use her...
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

1. Twoface still has the highest health in legends next to harley.
    4. Needs burst
    6. LolNope
    7. LolNope
  8. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I think that one was too extreme and wandered into discussing MoV progression in general, and messing with player's sunk time investment risks making people angry. The argument can be made cleaner and simpler. Right now, Legends matches give 100% of the MoV value of a regular PvP match, plus Mark(s) of Legend. That makes the reward higher than the regular matches, which is kind of weird. It would be fair to say a MoL is worth, say, 50% of the MoV reward, then adjust the total reward accordingly. Round up for the people at the bottom end of the scale, throwing them a 1 MoV bone isn't going to disrupt anything.

At the top tier, saying they're worth 50% would break down like this:
    • Regular arena: 40 MoV win, 20 MoV loss
    • Legends arena: 2 MoL plus 20 MoV win, 1 MoL plus 10 MoV loss
    I'd accept that split as a completely fair pair of options, and I have one person worth of data for why it wouldn't matter in the long run to players.

I've been going through this all very aggressively recently. I did finish all of the MoV related feats before I had all of the Legends related ones. Someone who plays this all the way through, to where they have all the classic Legends, Fate + Faust, plus the Space Invader feat, they will probably get to there some time after finishing every MoV related feat. I'm going to have roughly 3000 MoV left over by the time I get all the feat related Legends characters, and that's after buying Elemental Android, all the MoV styles, and two 1000 MoV PvP weapons.

Having Legends give a smaller quantity of MoV would have changed the order I did these feats in, but in the end even a 50% reduction wouldn't have significantly altered the total time to reach the end of the feat list. I think it would be unfair to new players to drop the MoV reward any more than 50% though. Some rough number crunching here says a 25 to 50% reduction is the right range, to not impact the finish line for completing all the MoL/MoV related feats. My prediction: 25% would give less gripes from new players, 50% less gripes from people who think this is all too easy compared to the zero marks for a win day. Can't make everyone happy.
    • Like x 1
  9. DC-Doll New Player

They need to adjust the range on flight/range characters like Circe/Fate. Went up against a 4v4 team with 2 Fates, Circe and Catwoman and they just flew in the air out of range so I couldn't attack (I was Robin) Spawned their pets, and went to town with handblasters.
    • Like x 1