Celestial discussion

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fatal Star, Jul 26, 2017.

1. McShotzz Well-Known Player

What are they healing loadouts you guys are trying with cele? And how do you like them. My best success has been with Blessing AcB CS WotPcCs renew and VL. I only put wotpcs because i needed something to fill in for McB(RIP). Wotpcs has done pretty well as a downtime heal between weapon attacks just for small group dmg taken
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Celestial is the worst on power costs but Nature is a close 2nd. They have it just as rough as Celestial players and that's why an increase to healer power pool would have been the easiest solution to not stray from their "precious little guidelines"..If they reduce the power costs for Celestial and Nature that's straying from their guidelines they are using for costs on 4man bursts, 8man bursts, HoTs etc. which is something they will not cave on despite the fact all 4 healing powers are mechanically different.

Increasing healer power pool and buffing HoTs for all powers is what has to happen to even make Celestial, Nature, and Sorcery viable. That's the only reason Electric is doing ok on power and heals is because its a burst based healer power and not HoT based like the other 3. Burst are way more potent than the massively under-performing HoTs which is gonna cause a FOTM healing power for people who choose to go that route.
  3. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Right now im power focused DPS using SCG, plague, whither, finisher, curse(Priority heal?), Drain Life sc. I only have 20 into might/power =(. Still that is pretty stable and I love the healing i can give in duo's.

Whither and Haunt combos have same cost and same cooldown. Whither is way stronger tho. It has an extra button input but still. They are not balanced and I dont know any1 who would choose to use haunt.

I think the finisher is bugged, glitched, broken. I freaking love channeled finishers. A death beam that hops from target to target. Celestial's finisher does not behave like Sorc, Fire, Rage, Quantum. Its super short like it does all of its hits at once and doesnt stay out long enough to jump around between targets like every other finisher I have used. Try it in the field.

Consume soul kicks the crap out of plague. Plagues animations/inputs are painfully slow(Like its always been). Would be nice to have fatter aoe and a bump to damage to bring it closer to consume. Even pre revamp Consumes inputs have been iffy. The last input into hold melee just fails to trigger sometimes. Wish that could get looked at.

With my lack of power this power is a challenge but i feel stronger than Pre-revamp with curse only. If I had more power I would try higher cost powers. I was hoping to use both consume+plague buts its hella slow and very draining.

After trying Rage I was scared to death to try celestial. Its very doable to pfft tho. (unlike rage)
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Oh I know nature power cost are pretty bad as well. The problem I get from celestial is that with nature its an instant cast no combo for healing potential and then I can just go back to weapon attacks. Celestial Admonish to blight cost a little under 1/3 of my power bar. Despite the complaints sorcery and electric are in much better shape. But healers overall need power stat increased.

My biggest gripe is playstyle. Tanks right now are the only support role with an almost open playstyle. Ive tried all 4 healer powersets on live now, and IMO electric is the only powerset with the most freedom of choice even though it still has its limitations.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I am using the same, but instead of WotPcCs I use sacrifice for the supercharge. Otherwise its just a free slot to put any power in there.
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Ive always been against sacrifice simply because the caster gets no benefit
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Oh you already know I agree 110% with you on this one as you've seen me gripe about it in the Celestial threads for a while now. We have the highest power costs because of the combo aspect. I honestly think the best solutions to keep from straying on the power cost guidelines they have in place for healing (since that's mandatory for the devs) is either increase healer power pool (first choice) or add power to the Restoration stat. All the same though HoTs are still trash and need to be buffed up to bring the 3 other healer powers in line. It's also been stated that they (the devs) currently don't have any plans atm for adjustments to healing, so I guess the healing community hasn't made enough of an uproar yet.. :(
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Mostly I have been testing it to see how it fares against other healer supercharges. Especially since it is the only healer supercharge that doesnt heal the caster, so in theory it would be stronger.

And I dont use CG anymore since it takes all of your supercharge, and cursed idol in healer role is a really weak HoT and is a waste IMO.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is an all blessed load out viable for damage? Just curious
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Just tested to see if sacrifice heals and shields out of group still but it doesnt
  11. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Testing out drain life even with full heal spec the heals seem great
  12. alloygt Well-Known Player

So I tried healing an alert earlier this morning. Low T7 and my stats are in my sig. So it went as expected based on the discussions of celestial healers... terrible. I was out of power nearly instantly even with a controller.

So here's a question. Has anyone tried a battle healer? Go in DPS roll but in full healer gear and healer spec sp wise? I wonder how viable it would be for a secondary healer in a raid or for an alert.

*disclaimer* I've been away for about 2 years so back then it worked great and was how I healed alerts, spot healed raids and small group pvp. I'm aware a lot has changed since then.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

My current DPS load out (superpowered play style)

Consume Soul, Wither, Plague, Haunt, Defile, Cursed Idol

Some of these may change, I'm very reluctant to want anything Blessed in my load out for my Celestial Dark Witch toon, unless they make a Cursed alternative (or just a dark version) of the SC builder.

Consume Soul + combo is definitely my favourite to spam (as well as my favourite animation), and Haunt + combo too. I only use Plague and Defile against bosses. Cursed Idol usually against bosses when the opportunity arises.

Wither is kinda my least favourite combo, both in animation and general preference damage wise.

Still a work in progress, some things may change. But as I say, I'd be very reluctant to have any Blessed powers in my DPS load out.
  14. McShotzz Well-Known Player

I give up on making an sc work in healer role. Just gonna use GL the channel heals seem so much better and i think i can get by using it like i would a supercharge but much more often even with the 15sec cd.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

I stopped using GL, because sometimes my character would get animation lock. Not sure if they fixed it or not.
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

I know what you mean but i havent experienced it yet since revamp. That being said its also a very small sample size to judge it off of
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

i made a video of it and put it in the healer dev discussion thread. it only happens when you're low on power.
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Ah ty. Not planning on leaning on it but more of an oh sh*t moment were an sc could be used but up more often.
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Should I stay resto/power for my yellow mods in healer role for Celestial? I wanna try going half resto, half resto/power and seeing how power fares then.
  20. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

RN my loadout is putting up some good numbers. Ive been up against a good amt of 250+sp people (im at 199) and im keeping up with them (except for earth).

Im running death mark, sacred pact, plague, retribution, consume soul.

Im still playing around, and im really really liking the update (for the dps side) Heal side needs some adjusting.