Livestream Celebrate DCUO's 5th Anniversary with Kinda Funny Games!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

#DCUO5Years

Happy 5th Anniversary, DCUO! January 11, 2011, still seems like just yesterday to a lot of us, but come Monday DCUO will be celebrating the big fifth birthday as a live game. Make sure you log into the game to celebrate (and claim your anniversary gifts!), and make sure you tune into Kinda Funny Games for TWO news-filled livestreams to see what's planned for DCUO in 2016.

Colin and Greg Live

First, Colin and Greg will host their hilarious news show live from the Daybreak studio, with a special guest and some huge DCUO news leading the way.

Tune in to Colin and Greg Live at 11AM PST (Monday) over on www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames.

Kinda Funny Plays DCUO

Then, join us for Kinda Funny Plays with Greg, Colin, NerdOfPrey, and Spytle. In this stream, NerdOfPrey will walk you through even more news, reveal what's planned for DCUO in 2016, and then we'll wrap up by playing some of the content coming to DCUO next month in Episode 21.

Tune in to Kinda Funny Plays at 1:30PM PST (Monday) again on www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames.

You do not want to miss either of these streams!
    • Like x 22
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Looking forward to it
    • Like x 2
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

who's providing the cake? We can't celebrate without cake! :eek:
    • Like x 3
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Ugh! I will be at work during that time.

Wait a minute *cough* *cough* Throat feeling kinda sore. Sinuses getting congested. Eyes itchy. Feeling low grade temperature...

Oh wait a minute, I have to start that Sunday night. Feeling good again :)
  5. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

High DCUO News? I hope its about the much Needed pvp update fixing the broken Damage -_- [IMG]
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

PvP fix on test server, Mid range balance is in progress.
    • Like x 1
  7. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

Spytle

In sold
    • Like x 3
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

Spytle and no Mepps????, that's like Penn without Teller!!!!!(which sucks btw)
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I wonder what we're getting? I hope its special like fireworks. I hope its something else though. We've seen fireworks.
  10. speedster1981 Committed Player

WATCH IT BE A PARTY HAT HEAD STYLE , BASE ITEM PARTY BALLOONS, OR A BASE HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNER ..LOL
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I say we get a new item that we can use. Something other than cake or fireworks. I hope.
  12. Magician Dedicated Player

Will we find out who won the Christmas contest on Monday?
    • Like x 1
  13. Ravenorn Level 30

I agree, something literally that has some sort of use to it. New players use them (5% health bots...yay) which is fine, but it's a waste of an inventory spot.....make it something good and hopefully useful.... PLEASE :)
  14. Zaptoid New Player

This should be interesting. Had me sold on Spytle. I hope Mepps will make a guest appearance?
    • Like x 1
  15. Coulromaniac Dedicated Player

Please give us every item that was handed out before, either during anniversaries or special editions or preorders.

Cake, Fireworks, the style people got during the first anniversary,
    the base decorations, Batman legendary form, Joker blimp, Tom-bot, Unicorn Trinket, Tinfoil hat etc.

Then have all of it be redeemable for the rest of the game's duration, which is hopefully long after I die :)
    • Like x 3
  16. Deathen Blazes Active Player

Yup, I would love me a TOM-Bot. Or a Bat-Drone. I was briefly unsubscribed when the TOM-Bot was handed out. Huge regrets...
    • Like x 1
  17. SheerFaith Committed Player

Plase give us the firework trinket to celebrate!!
    • Like x 1
  18. rimvader Well-Known Player

How about the two-face mask, which you got after the Sony accounts were hacked some years back. Cool mask but I would not want to have been my account stolen to get it. It is so rare many newer players never seen it. It's too cool to go to the digital graveyard.[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

How about they give us nothing and gift themselves ...

by hiring back new (or old) good developers that can fix shiat?

#
    • Like x 2
  20. Coulromaniac Dedicated Player

Oh, right, there was a bunch of layoffs awhile back.
    Ms. Spytle even got the axe. That kinda had me worried back then, but somehow they survived.

Don't people value human resources anymore? :(

Anyway, BOTH would be ideal.
    All these one time/limited time items do is create permanent regret.

Apparently they don't understand how the brain of a completionist works.
    It's torture, really.

- and for the non-completionists, there might be an item or two that they just HAVE to have, but they'll NEVER get it.

Like, saying something is hard to get, or something you'll have minimal chance of getting, something that will cost an arm and a leg, that's one thing...

-but being told: "You're never getting it. You missed out. You're sh*t out of luck. Move on."
    isn't exactly something people readily accept, and most never will.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.