CASH BOTS STRIKE AGAIN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, May 6, 2018.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

BOT: GGASDSDA has found a way around the update and it appears all you have to after the 5 post timer is maxed out for the 24hr cycle simply Logout and Login this resets the 24hr lockout.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They had to go premium to do it...and it's easy to put the only lonely cockroach on your ignore list and not be bothered again all day. Plus they're easier to spot for whomever is monitoring chat so they can be banned.

Even if one or two go premium to start their crap again, it's not the same as the infestation we had up to last week. So I still call this a win no matter how anyone else might want to see it as a fail (which it's not).
    • Like x 7
  3. Perdition Committed Player

Got a question on this though. okay, they go premium. But does the account then in general becomes premium? if so, they can just delete the character and create a new one, and start spamming all over again. if thats how it works.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

For spamming bans, they drop the whole account, not just a toon.
    • Like x 1
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

They pay the devs to ban them. I hope someone of DBG will go on a bounty hunt today...
    • Like x 1
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

best as I can see, the restrictions - though, sadly, punitive to the ftp ( & I really am sorry about that, guys ) - are doing a bang up job of what they're supposed to be doing. a couple of spammers here & there, but nowhere near the level it was at before. you're going to get those who'll find a work-around, of course you are, but, still, it's a whole lot "quiter" out there than it was. as I say, shame about the ftp guys, but, so far so good.
    • Like x 3
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

They drop the account all together. Remember there are still people behind these spam bots. With the constant banning and their continued spending on making accounts premium, lesser players will see these spam, lesser players will entertain this kind of business. Those running the business, eventually, will find this game (at least) unprofitable.
    • Like x 3
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Like that was a problem for them to became legendary for free .They got this engine in litle finger so best of luck next step legendary players 1 shout per month :)
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

quieter, not quiter. been driving me mad, that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

A buddy & I saw one doing this last night & it did not dawn on me at that time that they were resetting the timer.
    Good catch. :)

I went ahead with a report in chat box & filled out a support ticket for it anyway.
    • Like x 4
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

If anything you said was even remotely true, there would still be as many bots as before slipping through the cracks. Case in point, you may now have to put 1-2 bots on ignore where before this hotfix there was easily 10-20 different gold spammers on the daily, across multiple gold sites, at war with each other.

With that much of a difference thanks to one simple hotfix, it should be a walk in the park for the devs to track down and keep banning the low amount of gold spammers that show up now.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Heck of a lot easier to report one spammer than 15 in the same 20 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1