Carrying and Walk ins

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ShadowCyborg92, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Since Crossplay came out i have noticed more and more ppl thinking im going to carry them. This needs to stop. I have things to do and if i see u doing absolutely nothing then thats what i will do.

Devs this is a plea. Give us walk ins to everything already. Im tired of this BS
    • Like x 4
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Mandatory stat clamping on all on-duty content with the option to teleport into any instance and not be stat clamped is the solution to this problem :) Make it happen, devs.
    • Like x 7
  3. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Torikumu no. stat clamping will not solve this problem.
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It will. You can not carry strangers if you're not strong enough to carry them and if you don't want to deal with stat clamping, then head off inside the teleporter and run it on your own.
    • Like x 4
  5. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

i worked hard for my gear and plan to use it. stat clamping will NOT FIX IT!!
    • Like x 7
  6. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Noooooo! Mandatory anything is most certainly not a good option.
    In lew of walk in portals just add an option to the on duty tab that would allow you to enter an instance with current group whether it be between 1-4 people for alerts or 1-8 people for raids. This would alleviate the exasperated queue times for some content and also appease those people who are complaining that high cr players are ruining their instances by steam rolling through it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Then head off inside the teleporter with your friends and run the content without stat clamping. Problem solved?
    • Like x 2
  8. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

If you don't want to carry strangers form your own dang groups. It's as easy as that, you don't have to run with anyone you don't want to. Imposing mandatory anything on a group of people who absolutely don't want it is NOT a great idea.
    • Like x 2
  9. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Nope. U can think that solves but then the Devs will lose Subs if they implement it. I personally will quit if im stat clamped in lower instances.
    • Like x 1
  10. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Yeah im going to yell in LFG for t3 duos. u guys are funny
  11. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I think you ignored the other half of his comment..it looks like it. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's not me I'm concerned about, to be honest. It's the new players who don't get a chance to enjoy content because some hyped up 150+ CR player comes in and wipes everything. Those who do make it through end up not having a clue what to do. There was a thread posted last week by a CR150 player who didn't even know what clipping was.

So even though there'd be an option to run content without stat clamping, you're still going to quit the game?
    • Like x 3
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

If you allow walk ins no one will que. Ok a few of us wouod but lets be serious. A huge majority of players simply cant beat a large portion of our content. We can round up 7 people to farm styles I mean lets not waste our devs time implamenting a work around to team work in a team game

Clamp it all. People will have plenty to do and it will build better players. Rewards. Recovery kits and scraps. Scraps to build top teir gear and sc4aps all be it some what rare to upgrade eaid gear to elite. Require a mix of rec3nt content with old and we have a rcih game.

STOP CATERING TO TALENTLESS NON TEAM WORK PLAYERS. The core of the game is team work and roles not solo raids so end this. Devs created it so end it. Much better game would come of it
    • Like x 1
  14. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

I will not run stat clamped. adding as an option is not worth it either.
    • Like x 1
  15. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

How about: if you are not going to contribute to the run then don't waste other people's time.

I'm all for helping someone who actually tries, who is polite or is decently contributing, but when they just stand there or, for example, a guy yesterday that entered an elite alert as a tank with dps gear and minimum CR while cursing and being rude to everyone then demanded that we carry him...hehehe no thanks.
    • Like x 2
  16. VintageWine Dedicated Player

You'll quit the game even if they bring in all open world? I mean...what?

Then how about this option. Make stat clamping optional then. The group can decide if they wanna run it clamped or not.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Allowing people to enter content on their own, with no stat clamping, is purely a courtesy to players who don't want stat clamping implemented. However, as ShadowCyborg has demonstrated, there is no room for negotiation as he has threatened to leave the game if stat clamping was introduced, whether or not there was a way for him to bypass it.
  18. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

u ppl are catering to those ppl. im not anymore. when i que u better work or get the heck out. stat clamping is not an option even with a turn off button
    • Like x 2
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Doesn't work. The point of stat clamping is to prevent high level players from hurling low level players through content. If it's only ever an option, then nobody will use it, which defeats the purpose of introducing it and it doesn't solve any of the issues that are created by high CR players running content they outclass.
    • Like x 2
  20. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Sorry friend, I think that you misunderstood my comment. I agree with what you said 100%. What I was getting at is that if someone wants to run groups with people within the instances CR window they are free to form their own groups accordingly. Implementing any sort of cr/stat clamping (mandatory or optional) will upset a greater majority of subscribers than it would appease. This topic has been brought up many many times and the general consensus is a very strong opposition.
    • Like x 1