Can't continue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Again this is all irrational paranoia, are you scared of your bank too? What about anywhere else you've used your credit card or financial information.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

No at this point, this person has been given the opportunity to get his account back, but it is not happening because of his own actions.

Other people getting unbanned for the glitch doesn't give everyone else in the future a free pass, ya know.

Literally all he has to do is give them a cell number and it's back.

If what he says is true and he doesn't even give Daybreak his real details, HOW is giving them a cell number going to reveal his identity to them? this whole thing is ridiculous but to blame Daybreak, yea not at all.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Did glitches have to jump through hoops to get their accounts back?

The difference is this guy plays premium and they were whales so there is less incentive im sure

And to be frank I wouldn’t give daybreak my number either not my regular cell number anyway ... I’m sure it’s just for security for now then when it comes time to sell that number to marketeers they will have no issues doing so

This is why I have a cheap minutes phone I picked up at target for things like this cause I don’t wanna deal with telemarketers ...

Op I’d suggest buying a cheap minutes phone and see how it goes
  4. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Ankh, can't you just get a secondary cell line and use that to meet Daybreak's requirement in order to get your account back? If you aren't willing to do what it takes to get your account open, then you must really not want it. There's nothing wrong with that. Maybe you should take that time to use it as a break, and consider what your options are. Who knows, it might do you a world of good.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Or, you know, a free Google Voice number. Or any number of free text services out there.
    • Like x 1
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

OP, I hope you are not using facebook, twitter, whatsapp, or any social network. You will have a heart attack if you read what they are doing with your information. I highly recommend going to the Antartica and live there for ever without a single vestige of technology, the government may find you. Good luck, leave the matrix.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

There's ways he can sort this, he's making it harder on himself than it needs to be

/end
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

But my question wasn’t answered .... all I can do is take his word for it that he didn’t do anything to bring this on himself ...

The cheaters/glitchers knowingly took advantage of the system ...

Why does he have to jump through hoops and they didn’t ?

Daybreak set the precedent on giving people their accounts back... why can’t this guy with out all the trouble
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What makes you think they didn't? I know quite a few people that didn't make it back earlier this year.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No, Daybreak made a decision, they'e entitled to make at their own discretion, whether any of us agree with it or not.

There is no precedent set because Daybreak decide when and how to enforce their terms and conditions, it does not matter what action Daybreak took in relation to previous indiscretions.

By your logic people are somehow entitled to a free pass in the future or hell even unlimited free passes. I'm not sure it's possible to have a more flawed premise for an argument.

The guy knows what he needs to do to get his account back, if he wants it he can get past, what is clearly paranoia that Daybreak are going to steal his identity (which is absolutely 100% ridiculous) and move on with life, but no he'd instead rather attempt to spin up drama by making these threads in the first place, multiple I might add, while trying to gain sympathy.

Too what end, to try and put pressure on Daybreak to back down?!? Because he won't give them a cell number, again because he fears they're after his identity.

This situation is so ridiculous it isn't funny, there are truly no words to describe the extent of fail going on here.

[IMG]
  11. Draconiano Committed Player

Same, I know at least 5 people who got banned for using an external program (AKA hack), they got permanent ban.
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

we should all wear ankh emblems in game on Halloween in honor of Ankh Legacy :oops:

[IMG]

well I know I might just for the hell of it no real reason to just cause, also i think it's a crime that there isn't an enhanced ankh emblem for the game. In all honesty all the original emblems should be enhanced but a glowing ankh would be especially nice.
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Better idea.
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Proxy, I am fully aware that you are a set in stone thinker, so no matter what I say wont be of value to you.

That said, now you are going to extremes. There are of course entities I have no choice but to give information to, like banks, government, medical and employer. Anything else is where I want to try and have some control.

And, yes I do have a bit of fear of banks and places I use cards at. With reason, Wells Fargo was found to be committing fraud against their customers and more fraud keep coming out. Then not to long ago retail credit card machines were compromised prompting a switch to chip cards. To which chip cards were found to be less secure than promised. But it's not like there's other options.

But this is all getting off track, the point of this thread was to talk about how wrong this whole situation is. That I or anybody else should never have been put in a position such as this.

I am fully aware that I'm in a "doth protest to much" territory but I just couldn't sit by and say nothing, oh well.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry about your situation but...........

Life is not fair.
    I learned this lesson in the 70's while I was ditching school with a so called new friend( I knew the kid for a week at most).

To make a long story short.
    I had a new " friend " that I met a couple weeks before the end of the school year.
    My friend & I met up before school and he had a new bike. My so called friend said check out my new bike. Let's go test it out on some bike trails real quick. We did........ ALL DAY LONG. At the end of the day he tossed the bike in the creek as we were leaving. I looked at him like he was crazy and asked why did did that. He said I don't like it and asked me if could give him a lift back on my bike. I said............ummmm ok. Soooo, I went back to school to drop him off on my way home.

Later on that night......
    A County Sheriff showed up at the front door with that kid in the car asking about a bike that was stolen at my school. As it turns out, that kids dad was the Sheriff and guess what.... Nothing happened to that kid because he said that I stole the bike.
    I got my azz beat and had to mow that kids parents lawn every week, all summer long for free.
    I learned then to be careful of who I hang out with.

Here are a few saying that hold true in every part of the world past & present.
    ( even if you try to keep your nose clean )
    If you hang out with the the trash / garbage
    You're going to get cr4p all over you sooner or later.
    You are who your friends are.You are judged by the company you keep.
    Birds of a feather flock together.

Even the best gravy gets lumps in it once in a while.
    Take your lumps, Learn your lesson and move on.