Can't continue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

So as some know I had an account suspended, which this is the first time I have ever had this happen to me in all my online gaming years. I believe the suspension was unjust and the hoops they want me to jump through to get back into the account I find unacceptable but that's not why I'm writing this thread.

A thought occurred to me that I originally I missed do to the shock of all of this. My suspension was said to be do to basically receiving goods "form known fraud accounts", to repeat "from known fraud accounts". So I get mail one time from said "known fraud accounts" (unasked for I might add) and with in hours my account is suspended and I have to deal with the following hassles but this "known fraud accounts" was still running. Is there any explanation of the logic or fairness in that?

Whenever a complaint thread about spam bots and gold sellers gets posted, I have always been one to state that there's only so much a company can do to combat them. But after this I am questioning if DGC is really doing anything. Sure they have put restrictions into the game over time but each one of those only ended up hurting the players and have given nothing more than a hiccup to the bots.

If you know these accounts are bad, why are they left active? This makes it seem that DGC is more interested in going after the players than dealing with the main problem.

I believe what I have had to go through is completely wrong and fully on DGC for what amounts to poor security practices. Now I have other accounts that are unaffected but I have really lost the drive to continue playing the game. Which is really a shame, all the changes they have done has really kept me playing this year and Halloween was looking cool too.
    • Like x 2
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd ask for your stuff but who the hell knows what i'd end up getting in the mail.
    • Like x 13
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

^Lol!
    • Like x 1
  4. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

I'm going to send a few packs of mainframe bots to some close "friends". hahahahahAHAHAHAHAHA. :cool:
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

An interesting analogy came to mind.

It's like I was a victim of a drive by shooting and then punished for getting hit with a bullet and then having to prove I'm not one of the shooters who shot me.
  6. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Whereas I think the analogy above is misplaced, I have a lot of sympathy for you.

You seem sincere. I base this on the posts you've written on this subject & others, which is all I have. Imo all you're guilty of is opening an attachment without checking what it was & who it was from.

Now if this was 'real world' email then that would make you a fool, given all we know. However I think given the nature of the email system in game it's a reasonable expectation that you shouldn't have to be super careful when opening emails received. Especially given your case was the first I had heard of this happening.

The majority of us want rid of gold spammers. They negatively impact us either in chat or with inflated broker pricing. I get they aren't easy to get rid of.

In this case, assuming it was indeed just mainframe bots on the mail, I think the op should have been given the benefit of the doubt.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

It's coming across a little like there's more to this than you're letting on.

If you have the opportunity to get the account back and are entirely innocent then you'd probably just do it, unless they're trying to extort money from you to reactivate the account which find absolutely unlikely I don't see what could be so horrible an undertaking.

Just do what they're asking, get your account back, learn the lesson and move on. Making threads like this is no doubt, not going to help, nor is it likely to gain the sympathy you seek.
    • Like x 4
  8. useless Well-Known Player

They should remove in game mail trading for players.
    Leave it for broker purchase,briefings...
    Money sending to alts trough shared bank.
    In game mail sending text only.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saami Loyal Player

Nothing. Unless you do some fishy stuff of course.
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Excellent point about these "Known Fraud Accounts".
    I guess if they get deleted; they'll pop up another in minutes.
    I'm concerned though; if one of these accounts sends me game cash due to a misspelling, then I get screwed.
    If someone sends you cash; once you open the e-mail; it's yours.
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

He described the hoops in another thread. They want him to enable extra security measures for his account involving registering a cell phone.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

So, what's the problem? Lots of games and services require security authentication by means of phone apps and verification.

I'm honestly failing to see what the big deal is here, it just starts to come across more as the guy tried to buy gold from a gold seller and got caught.

I'm not trying to rail the guy but this is his second thread trying to air this dirty laundry in public on the forums here, it just smells a bit off.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

Wasn't it the third? I thought it was another thread entirely where he mentioned the security steps they wanted to be added. Did it get thrown down the memory hole? Mepps is gaslighting me now. LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Who knows I only saw one other thread, if there's another I'll take your word for it.
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

No, I'm not seeking sympathy. I needed to voice that I'm pissed off about the whole thing because of how unfair it is and how it shouldn't have happened in the first. I am positive that nothing will change but I still wanted my voice to be heard (so to speak). I guess the best I can hope for, is to give a warning to better protect yourself to whomever reads this.

As for if there's anymore to the story, not that I know of. I only know the basic explanation of what I was accused of. I know that no one actually knows me and this all seems strange (it certainly does to me) so I understand the suspicion, I would think the same way.

On the surface what they want to reactivate wont seem all that bad, most players have already willingly done it (even given more). What they want is a cell number so they can text me to verify my account isn't a bot (which seems pointless at this point). The thing is I don't trust anyone with any of my personal information (even a phone number), especially online entities and DGC's actions here haven't given me any reason to change my mind. It's actually strengthened my position.

Yes, yes I'm very old school in my thinking and actions. I shop in actual stores, I prefer physical over digital, I only use a phone to talk with people not type, I use land line over cell, I have cable and no streaming services (though I might get the future Disney service), I only give info to those that truly need it, etc. Now I have moved into the world of using plastic more than cash but I still don't do direct deposit.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I'm sorry but that's irrational paranoia.

Daybreak is a company, they don't care about stealing your identity, in fact if they really wanted to ruin your life they'd have more than enough information on you already to do so. real details, birth dates, credit card information and you're worried about giving them a cell phone number?

They're doing it to ensure that you're actually the owner of the account, that your account hasn't been hijacked because perhaps someone tried to hack your account to siphon money through as gold seller, who knows I'm just hypothesizing.

You're reading far too much in to it man, don't put the tin foil hat on, there's no need.

There's no one sitting behind a desk at Daybreak waiting to rob you lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As I said, I don't give out any info. None of what you mentioned is listed on my accounts.

Do I think DGC is waiting to rob me? No but no security is full proof just as the past of SOE/DGC has proven. We have been lucky that there have only been scares and not a full blown breach.

But that's the thing if my account was actually hijacked, giving a number now doesn't prove anything. Whatever entity could have easily beat me to it and given their own number.
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk what's going on with the op's account, but I know it's players playing that has done worse and is still profiting off the glitch. When players were doing the TC glitch which they were banned for and unbanned with all their cash. It was a lesser known glitch going on with replays which they didn't get banned for. These players have 10s of billions of dollars from selling replays. Like I said, I don't know the op's entire story, because it's always 3 sides to a story. Your, mines, and the truth, but I would bet it's not egregious as most players who is on the game right now. With 3-6 gold artifacts, fully geared within 3-5 days after dlc release, and billions. Not to mention get 6-7 Crs within minutes after dlc before running anything using quarks.
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Simply put....

"Cut off one head, two more take its place. Hail Hydra."
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This guy can’t get back on the game but all the glitchers from earlier in the year were unbanned.

SMH
    • Like x 2