Can we stop moaning about roleless buffs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Totally agree with you on that.
    But the truth is that there is no choice, at least not at end game content.
    Role less buffs actually make the choice a no brainer: More DPS = more burn + role less buffs = less risk to die, run out of power and damage mitigation.

C´ mon, i think that you are smarter than that.
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

There is nothing stopping you from voicing your opinion about role-less buffs, but you'd rather sit here and complain about other people's opinions.
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Your video shows that someone in the group was healing the group while in Damage role. I see green numbers pop up numerous times during the video. The role-less buff does not produce green numbers. You just see your health bar slowly go up with the role-less buff.
    • Like x 2
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

There would be just as much choice with or without the roleless buff

THe argument proxy is using to squash the idea to get rid of the roleless buff can be flipped easily

The people who don't want the roleless buff aren't forcing the folks who want to stack dps into anything
    If they can complete the content dps stacked then so be itif not they have to go to lfg and get support roles it's the same argument

There are groups who will have no problem stacking dps in an alert they will work together and complete
    When prime was the hardest raid in the game there was a YouTube link showing a group of all wolf form nature dps completing prime ... was that every group ? Nope. Did anything stop them? Nope.

I'm sure there were plenty of groups running the elite Alerts dps stacked where there was no roleless buff nothing stopped them
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

not at all, you can have your opinion, i'll just voice my opinion about your opinion and if you want to voice your opinion about my opinion of your opinion then you're welcome to voice that opinion.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

ah but you're ignoring the entire point of their creation in the first place.

They were created to ensure queues popped more frequently and because the majority of players are queuing as DPS blindly they've been put in place to ensure "completion of content".

People that blind queue generally are of a lower skill calibre because the majority of seasoned players just league or use LFG anyway, it's also done to accomodate the sheer spectrum of players skill levels.

If you take away the roleless buff then more people fail random content because they still wont queue as support roles, they'll queue as DPS, fail and then just leave the game.

Like I said you can't force people to play support role.
    • Like x 1
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

All one has to do is read the title of this thread to see how you feel about opinions that are contrary to yours.

And despite your argument that people can enter content as any role, in most cases, it takes a lot longer to complete that content. That unfortunately has nothing to do with how slow it is to progress through the instance (it's nearly the same) and everything to do with the community being opposed to seeing more roles in groups. The 4-player content tends to become a revolving door of people coming in, seeing someone in another stance, and exiting. In some instances, it can also lead to kicking; I agree with you that is rare, but it still happens. The revolving door scenario is more prevalent.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

or maybe they're leaving because even with the roleless buff people are still failing, despite the fact you think the roleless is too high.

the roleless buff is a necessary evil to ensure players can queue have that queue pop in a timely fashion and in more cases than not complete the content.

Or are you upset that DPS stacking teams complete the content quicker than you?

I don't care that you have a different opinion, but you can't expect to come in to a thread I created, state your view, enter into a conversation and not have me respond... surely... I mean... :rolleyes:
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And using your argument what's stopping them from shouting for a group or forming their own group?
    • Like x 1
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Full DPS groups should have the potential to complete the content faster, but with the risks of being in that stance and not carry any support role in the team in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  11. krytine Loyal Player

We both know how the kick system works as long as you have have the votes the person that did not vote can start a new kick. And yes they do try going support on a name people dont know you on and see how fair you get. Pugs are getting a bad rep on somethings some. But again they are not getting the chance to learn but you just keep thinking how everything smells great in your tight little closed league space and the rest of us just won't have to run with you in your picture perfect game that has no issues for the dps in the game. Again the buffs are to high and we both know that most ppl you run with have sidekicks supply drops sc and anything else that you need. So your kind dont even need the buffs why do you care one way or another. And most of the time you run preformed groups. With all ppl have everything for power health soders the buffs are not needed.

Perfect ex. I went dps that didn't have a tank side yet. Key word yet. And did 1 of the new alerts the other 3 dps did not have a supply drop or side kicks wouldn't even conserve power or move out of danger areas then 1 left we got a healer. I used my supply for him but he didn't even have one for himself and you would think with how celestial talks about power issues that he would have that and a sidekick. So yes it is an issue when the healer left becuase the up dps wouldn't go troll the ice dps would switch so on and so on. The roleless buffs give a crutch to ppl making them think roles are less important then what they are. Every rock star needs a roady. And these events would be easy enough with atleast 2 support roles a tank and healer or a tank and troll or troll and healer we should have to stack dps unless a group leg preformed it and wants to run this way. More and more players seem to not want to so support groups should be default not dps universe. And each run should have a limit to how many dps can be in it at once. No more then 2 dps in an alert no more then 4 in a raid
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Like I said earlier the majority rules, the people that blind PUG content mostly do so as DPS and need the helping hand to ensure they both complete content and don't sit waiting in a queue forever and just rage leave.

If you want to dictate the make up of your group stop dealing with random and take control of the situation.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Again, we're talking about assisting blind PUGs here many of which aren't really that skillful, how do you think that ends in that scenario or do you just tell them to get good?
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The "situation" will be different if there were no roleless buffs.
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Skill levels are an entire different topic, same as that the game need proper tutorials to teach people how to play support roles or how convinient can be to add those roles into your team.

Point at hand in this thread are roleless buffs, and that buff doesn´t encourage people to play support on DAILY content.
    You can say otherwise, but you are not fooling anyone here, you are in the DPS stacking side of the park, don´t pretend that you are worried about the "less" skilled players that blind queue to play with randoms.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I'm curious you talk about how your instance was failing but at the same time talk about how roleless buffs are too high, yet it also sounds like it was the support players failing in your alerts. It's a bit of a stretch to assume they're failing because of roleless buffs when they're clearly blind queuing for content in support role in the first place.

Curious too are you blind queuing for raids too and failing? Perhaps stop blind queuing and start forming, are you having trouble with support roles in raids or are you upset they won't go 2-2-2-2. You could try forming your own group.

perhaps people don't want to go in your 2-2-2-2 groups not because there's a lack of support players but because other support players just don't want to play 2-2-2-2.

It's funny how people complain about the 5-1-1-1, clearly if the majority of players playing the game and I'm talking in game here, not the minority represented here on the forums, want to play this way then it's because not as many people want to play in the way you claim is the most desirable; funny that isn't it.
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'll ask a again ... what is stopping them ... is there anything stopping them ?as you're suggesting to me to take intiative and nothing is stopping me. The same can be said about them if the roleless buff was removed and they kept getting into fail group after fail geoup they can stop dealing with random and do somening a bout it...

Are we to assume these same people aren't shouting for or making groups for raids are they quitting the game cause they are random queing for raids and failing ?

Or is it that you just like your alerts to be easy with 3 or 4 dps quick runs and don't want anything to disrupt that so you argue against the roleless buff to support your preference ?
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You're putting words in my mouth and assuming you know my motives when you know nothing of the sort.

Skill level is not an entirely different topic, they go hand in hand because skill level is part of the reason they were introduced in the first place to ensure queues popped frequently and people didn't fail.

Do you need me to say that for you again?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Have you negated the fact that 'most' people blind queue as DPS and this has been done to speed up queue times and ensure success and that's just the reality of being in the minority... no didn't think so, when you a proper counter argument or suggestion to over come that particular cold hard fact, it may then be more appropriate to respond.
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m assuming nothing, i just had to read your posts to see where are you coming from.
    This game started without those buffs, and back in those days more people actually played support because there was a demand in the community.

Is that too hard to understand or do i need to say that for you again?
    • Like x 2