Can we stop moaning about roleless buffs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

with a very different game structure and a very different population size... need me to say that again?

the concept of making sure queues pop in a timely manner...
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I'm not upset about anything. I just find it odd that people quit before content has even started just because they see a different group makeup. They probably end up wasting more time re-queueing than they might have if they'd stuck around. That's the part that baffles me.

And don't call me Surely. :p (Curious: did you mean surly?)
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So you don't have an answer ... got it

Hard fact is nothing is stopping them but themselves..how is your argument ok one way but not the other just cause of the majority ?

So what about raids do you assume they will or do leave the game cause they fail in a random queue or have to wait a long time ... do you also assume they aren't trying to raid ? That's a lot of assumptions

I don't wanna hear raids are different it's content and potential content to push someone away...
    • Like x 2
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

People choose to build their own groups for alerts. That's fine.
    People choose to pug and hope for the best. That's fine too.
    Roleless buffs are there to assist with but NOT SUBSTITUTE the absent role.
    Does this game cater to the Damage role over support? Absolutely. But they're not to blame for the current group mentality and removing the buffs will do nothing but encourage stocking up on Soders. I still see endgamers leveling alts in T2-T4 doing everything in their power to ruin experience for newcomers. I see racing down halls and back to pull every add on top of new tank. I've seen **** that makes me want to pull my hair out and I can't even heal properly because I've got ******* camped out on the otherside of the map because he's too good for adds, the troller running after him because now he thinks all trash mobs are optional, now it's just me and the tank to do all the work. And than after that boss fight we get to do it all over again.
    Now I'm trigger happy when it comes to kicking ********* like this, but trust me these kick votes are NEVER successful. Which is why I don't believe anyone is getting kicked over being a support role. I can see a DPS getting kicked for queing as support, but the other way around? BALOGNA! Absolute filth and lies. If you as a player are being forced to play a role you don't want to, leave. Play the game how you want to. There is literally nothing and no one except yourself holding you back from learning your role and leveling up.
    I digress. If you want the game to start fostering support over damage, we need to look into making some changes to better the queue system. Pugging does not work for everyone, LFG does not work everyone. I think both of these areas need to be revamped.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The game keeps evolving and changing, what does it make you think that the status quo will be the same after a few months or a year?

Stats Revamp rings any bells for you? change, evolution? The fact that the game isn´t the same leaves the door open for a more balanced comunity in the future.

Also, the whole queue system needs an overhaul. We need a custom LFG finder similar to WoW so these failed blind queues stop from happening while raiseng the quantity of players playing in support role.
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Quoted since you seemed to miss it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The guy keep dancing back and forth with what he says often contradicting himself :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

what you're failing to understand here is that Daybreak are also interested in making a successful game and that requires some balance sometimes and sometimes doing things that some people in the community don't like.

e.g. roleless buffs.

They've been put in place because the cold fact is most people blind queue as DPS, if people can't complete easy daily content in a reasonable time frame then they start to get frustrated, start to leave and that ultimately costs Daybreak.

The people that don't like the roleless buffs still have the 'option' to form their own group so there is by all intents and purposes an 'opt out'.

If you however, take away the roleless buff the players that blind queue and struggle have no opt out because you're basically telling them to just sit in queue forever; the reality is they don't want to play support and they won't play support.

This whole thing is a necessary evil to keep the daily content going around at a reasonable pace with a population that has somewhat declined over the years.

This is even more potentially necessary where people queue for older content and LFG does become slightly harder to use and blind queue becomes more heavily utilized and more forgiveness is required.

Oh that's right if 4 at level DPS blind queue into older content they should just get good right, or change to support role and learn right and get frustrated right and fail over and over right and just quit the game over small 4 man content that could have been more forgiving right.

If you want to teach people introduce proper tutorials, I get that, I agree with that.

But taking away the roleless buffs and creating a source of frustration that ultimately is actually only going to decrease the population and damage it more isn't the right way to go about it.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Maybe they don't like a person in there, maybe they had something else come up, maybe they went to help a league mate.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to do it anymore.

It doesn't really matter why people choose to leave.
  10. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

It's pretty obvious when it happens as a pattern of behavior and not just a random occurrence, but I'm glad you're thinking outside the box. WAAAYYY outside but outside.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh interesting so now we're talking about something more meaningful than just a knee jerk "remove the evil roleless buffs"

slow clap.

Trouble is that would likely require a UI change, something that got benched a long time ago.

Game structure aside, you can't escape what has ultimately become a declining population. This has a direct impact on queue times.

If you can't encourage people to play in the first place or you discourage them from playing in the first place then it doesn't matter what you do to the queue system.
    • Like x 1
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I see tank heal himself, I see soders and supply drops and .... is that a gorilla using Roar in the back?
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

What I'm saying is you're assuming why people leave and the moment people walk in to an instance whether it's actually started or not and see large lists of names on the scoreboard they knee jerk leave, is that a shame. sure.

In fact roleless buffs it there to help with that, because if you were sitting there waiting for a "tank" to queue back in again you could be there for ages.
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, if you pay close attention, you'll see OP CAKE get health ticks from another player. There was someone with healing powers on a damage loadout.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

But the things is that "changes" are being made to the game, the developers seems more open to suggestions and are taking in consideration more than ever the opinion of the community, so maybe this is the right time to try to make the changes this game needs to happen, instead to take the easy route and do nothing, like there is nothing wrong to fix in this DPSuniverse Online community.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

so how do we ensure the queues pop quickly and people don't fail alerts and get frustrated and leave, I'm open to hear reasonable alternative solutions.

As great as modifying the queue system is, it's not likely feasible in the current system because of UI limitations, or do you have some ideas to make it work within the current UI?
  17. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

If you have ideas for encouraging the community to accept the group they get through queue and roll with it, I'd be open to reading them. So far, you seem to be sidestepping the main issue. There are tells for why people leave instances, e.g. PlayerX demands, "Tank switch to dps" ... Tank remains in tank role. PlayerX has left the group. That's a pretty common series of events.

Now, I could try forming my own group. However, what you seem to fail to realize is doing so is a greater task than you imply. Most players in this game will laugh at someone forming a non-traditional group. Worse than that, some players will even hurl insults at someone who is forming a non-traditional group. In this case, a traditional 4-player group is four damage players with the role-less buff.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Have you seen the new improvements of the UI on test on the stats tree? (SP allocation improvement)
    It´s pretty obvious that some quality of life changes can be made to avoid blind queues, the WoW custom group finder is a perfect example, even PokerStars has a well developed lobby with different tables and a different set of rules and game modes, so i´m very optimistic that something among those lines can be made here on DCUO, i just don´t want that this unhealthy mentality of stacking DPS in all content continues until there is no one else to play support roles.
    • Like x 2
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Gorilla's Roar in both Damage AND Healer stance gives a heal tick. Roleless buff in raid myth debunked.
    • Like x 2
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Hmmm ok
    Now I gave you 1 just 1 example and you take it as everything. Wow. Dude you seem to lack clarity. Or an ego that is through the roof. Either way. Myself and my league learn how to run our roles and dont need the buff so why not put your crutch down. And where most supports are now failing is part and only part due to the roleless buffs.the mentality of the community of a troll or healer or tank are not needed in an alert is another big reason. Not getting the chance to learn there role is what these issue bring up. Players during the am era being carried and most never get the chance to see if it is interesting or fun becuase a dps in duos walks out or waits for the role to learn unless they change roles. Many of us have seen you in alerts and raids and your not the best to be boasting anything in the game with your typing in instance. But that isnt what were talking about but it is. The toxic behavior leaks over to the game and newer players don't get a chance dont want to be in chat to learn or work with others. So again high horse tight space bad smells enjoy your world. Most of us will never have to run with you myself not again with that attitude. And you continue to prove it with the forums here.
    • Like x 2