Can we get the PVP Feats automatically rewarded?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I played initially for a couple of years before I took a long hiatus and came back this year.

Granting the feat is the last resort as I said if they are not willing to provide Bonus rounds. If they give 10x week or something equal where we can get these feats done and that happens in regular interval (like every 4 months or so), then there's no need for granting anything. Provided that's not available and there's no action taken to encourage PVP, that's when I'm making the case for the automatic feat rewarding.

They have already taken actions like letting PVP styles be purchasable using Source Marks. That was done to let people play PVE without having to grind PVP for the marks to get the styles linked to PVP exclusive only. Wasn't that unfair for those who grinded for PVP gear and styles?
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Now that they have the daily login rewards ‘framework’ in game…a PvP battle pass may be more realistic in the future.

Just need a dedicated dev to implement system/rework stats.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sorry....when did I utter the word 'unfair'? I don't care that things are made a bit easier for new folks....I said this. Trading wins is already making things easier than if you had to 'win' all those fights legit. A 'bonus' counter would do the same. I'm not opposed to giving someone a path to get things done easier/quicker...just not 100% 'for free'. Why? A) as already pointed out, it's a slippery slope. Why not give out feats on old elites no one runs, or feats on unloved raids, after PvP? B) it would be just as easy to make PvP sp available as a 'feats bundle' that could be sold....and I'm 100% against that idea. The further we stay away from that kind of thinking, the better.

I'm going to quit responding now. You keep saying the same thing, so I keep responding the same thing. It's alright we disagree on the subject, but it sounds like you are not suddenly going to go build some groups to get it done, and I'm not suddenly going to say 'yeah, let's grant them', so let's leave it at that. Agree to disagree....it happens.

Good luck with them.
    • Like x 1
  4. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

IMO they should phase it out. Never played pvp in over 11 years and have over 640 sp.

PVP truly is irrelevant and an ego trip that always filled the air with toxin back when it

was actually played to some degree. Personally wouldn't miss it.
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

Finally got my league to plan Sunday for PvP feats. We all came together to get some feats done. We got 4v4 groups and queued up. Waited for 15 mins before we got in the first one. Once done, next one took 10 minutes to get in. Both groups were queued up but still the queue didn't put us in. Seems the queue priority is low compared to Omni or other queues. This puts a damper on achieving the PvP feats. It was rare to get that many ppl in for the PvP feats and then wasting time waiting unnecessarily made people leave after 2 battles. The whole thing crumbled after an hour.

I don't know if PvP has some kind of restriction to prevent same people being put on battle again and again. Maybe that's why it was causing the queue delay. I can't tell. It just sucks. Wish a weekly spotlight to get PvP focused and priority will let us get those pesky feats. A total of 27 skill points is there to farm if you get them all.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

It's match making based on your win/loss rank. It's been buggy since they introduced it. You used to be able to make queues pop by tanking your wins, but they were trying to stop win trading and did something to the algorithm and it made things worse.

They abandoned the system and really, I don't think any dev that knew how to adjust the system is even at the company anymore.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, more than likely you had a few single queue people queuing in at the same time. If they are queued before you, it will attempt to form a group to get them in against one of your 4 man groups before matching you. A 10-15 min wait time tells you all you need to know about how long it would take to get these runs done 'legit' as if it can't find 3 other people to join that guy....it won't be finding 7 others to fill 2 teams either.

I don't think it's a matchmaking mechanic directly built to defeat queue matching, but it does work that way. One thing to do if that happens is change maps, sometimes a person is only queuing 1 map, and that would free you up.

And yeah...delays kill these groups, but that can be said of almost any repeat run feat group. You gotta think fast to keep it rolling, but once you get some success and some counts knocked out, you'll get repeat runners willing to do it again the next day...or next.

EDIT: Could be what BumblingB said too, but I'm not sure. When I was doing these a long ways back, if you were on an unloved map, you'd get in fast, but others took a long time and ended with a lot of false queues due to other people in the mix rather than anything.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Everything to do with those algorithms should be removed imo.

There was nothing wrong with PvP prior to it and if memory serves the whole thing was introduced because Spytle got a bit upset about people throwing matches.
    • Like x 2
  9. Prindacerk Committed Player

Which is weird because if there's a group already in queue, why try to match the one before who can't be grouped? Shouldn't the round robin logic move to the closest matching group?

It also screws up the win ratio feats like 10 wins in a row etc. when you are trying to get them through your league groups and organize it and then after 7 or 8 wins, someone randomly pops up in the queue and breaks the chain. Then you have to start all over again.

I found PvE queues seem to work faster compared to PvP. Like I have queued up with league members on many duos ungrouped and have got in without having to wait this long. Don't know if the queuing system has the PvP ones in lower priority over PvE since we were queuing on Sunday evening when many are doing raids etc.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

No no, that was the change to the algorithm which was what I was talking about. The match making was introduced because of the "seasons" they were going to do and the way the whole reward system was setup. They wanted good players to play good players and crappy players, like me, play other people at the same level. The problem came down that the good players were gaming the win system by tanking their win ratio to get paired up with players that aren't good so they can go on a win spree with little resistance. The whole, "I want to get my lockouts done so I can go scrim, where I actually battle with skill" mentality. So Tunso adjusted the algorithm and made it worse. Then they adjusted loot later, that if you didn't do a certain amount of damage, you wouldn't get a reward to try and curb win trades (which is technically against TOS, but its definitely not enforced.)
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Ah right, yea it can be hard to remember where all changes fit and when over the years.

Realistically it all fits in a little with some minor changes they could make that would just automatically take some pressure off.

The whole win trading thing being frowned upon in the first place, isn't a big deal because this game has no competitive player scene lol
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It's not "frowned upon" but actually against the rules, but you are right there really isn't a reason to worry about it at this point. I just find it funny that it's thrown around on the forums as a way to get the feats. lol Que sera.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh yeah, I mean that's what I meant by "frowned upon" sorry if that was interpreted as being a "grey area" :)

But yeah it's just ridiculous at this point, they should just let people scrimmage to get feats even.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

more like queue sera.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as the matchmaking, I don't believe so. I think it's first come first served. If person A gets there before groups B and C, it SHOULD try and get him into a group with 3 other singles then face off against B OR C. Don't forget, the system is NOT designed so that you and your buddies can play tickle fight and score easy wins. Not saying I'm against that, but for some random few queing people, it would suck to keep getting leapfrogged by a few co-ordinated groups.

BTW...if you were working on your 10 in a row, why accept a queue where you buddy(s) didn't pop as well?
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh, the minute they stopped showing interest in PvP (like after the 101 set came out) I think that 'rule' went out the window. I'd still rather have people have to do the trade wins than just grant the feats. Worst case, you end up with players learning how to use LFG and co-ordinate a group(2 of them really)....which does help in regular game play in the end. On top of the fact it's dead as a doornail, if you do get in, and end up matched with someone using busted powers, or *gasp* a speed hacker, I don't know how all that seems to be acceptable...but trades wouldn't be.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

PvP balance aside, speed hackers is not allowed either. :p

I'm not against win trading, just find it amusing that the game is so far removed of PvP that the only way to get the feats is to do something not allowed and yet players want to not grant feats. Just a very ludicrous situation that you just have to laugh. If everyone is like "win trade with double or triple feat counts" or whatever, but don't give them for free. Doesn't really hold up the argument. Give the feats out and just open the game up. Add them to a CR skip token, so they aren't "free" and could be earned with win trading if you don't want to pay. Whatever...
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmmm....not allowed, yet, there they are many times.:rolleyes: I guess the point was that if both are against the TOS, how about more attention is given to the one that actually involves editing the game code first? Right now 0 attention seems to be given to either...which I guess is fair.

And yeah, I'm against 'giving' out the feats, even in the skip. Although trades is not winning straight up (as you SHOULD be able to do), we all know that getting all the feats legit would either take forever (seriously...queue an 8v8....it can take hours for it to pop 1 time...then you still have to win), or be impossible. Trades still take some effort, not the 'right' effort....like being good at PvP and sitting in q for a reasonable amount of time...but effort all the same. People should have to put in some effort to get those feats. Like them or not, trades will still take days or weeks of effort to knock out...that's a touch more than plopping down a CC to buy a 'sp pack' or the skip or whatever.

Plus putting them in the CR skip is really selling them...which again, I'm also against selling of feats as it can start the slippery slope of "Hey...let's design some feats no one can get or are SO time prohibitive they will WANT to buy them instead". Which once that Pandora's box is opened....I'll guarantee you at least one person on the team will have in the back of his/her head. Maybe not the devs....but on the exec team for sure. "Feats? Cha-CHING$$$"
  19. BumblingB I got better.

It's already sold through time capsules and the original CR skip amount. So box has been opened and left behind, at this point. :p
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes on the skip SP. I'd say questionable on the TC SPs (unless you can open a winner each time....then lucky you I guess). I'd call that more of a 'raffle' than selling them as RNG is a bigger factor than your CC. But I'm talking about the direct selling of SP...like if there were a bundle of Eps 1-10 for $100 or whatever. ToMAYto-ToMAHto maybe....but I see those as different...although yeah...no more SP in the skip is fine with me, even if what was added....I needed.
    • Like x 1