Can we get the PVP Feats automatically rewarded?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....A) you don't need villains to queue. Matchmaking will put people on the villain side unless they have task force X turned off, which most do not. B) yes, if you are blind queuing you will likely have a much longer wait time. That's why I said get some friends together or shout in LFG to build full groups. Yes...getting 8 or 16 people together is a PITA, but once you have them, queue the same maps. Then you meet up on the same map both groups queue for. What happens then is up to you, but it would SEEM like if everyone wanted the feats you could work out some deal that is beneficial to both teams and would take a lot less than those many hours you waited to get the feats done.
    • Like x 2
  2. Prindacerk Committed Player

Getting 16 people together is a feat itself. League barely has enough for a raid run once a week. Quite often we had to LFG as we don't have enough active.

Have to see if we can coordinate this. But chances of getting 16 ppl together is improbable. Would have to do it across multiple leagues to achieve this I guess.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well at the beginning of a new DLC, your chances are worse for sure. Plus we have X-mas and Anniversary coming up. The best time to do these is during a lull, like we just came out of. We won't probably see the next lull till after Anniversary but before the next DLC. There are tons of people who need PvP feats, you don't need to stick to 1 league vs another. LFG/shout is your friend. And don't start with 8v8s. Start with 4s or 5s and build your 'network'. I know a few years ago when people were hot on the chase of these feats, there were several active private channels that anyone who participated, you'd invite them...then they could just see if someone were running feats.

Easy? No not really. But doable? Yes....very.
    • Like x 1
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

My league went away to play other games when the game went lull. They still haven't come back after the first two days of the new DLC as they found it too small and not enticing. Just saying.
  5. Retire Well-Known Player

A 10x counter for wins in a map would be a great idea.. Aside from that I'll have to agree with most people here. For those of us who actually took the time to get all the gear, 10k kills, buying whichever legends necessary.. it would seem unfair. That took a lot of time. Regardless I'm sure in time all those feats will be rewarded in a CR skip just like the 20,000 gathering
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I mostly was staying out of this one, but it's not un-precedented for them to grant feats when things go obsolete. EG, the original Vday feats and the crafting feats after they introduced Augments post stats revamp. There is also history of them adjusting PvP feats to make them easier to achieve. They made the win feats go down to 25 for the max, IIRC. They also changed lair battles to per round, instead of winning the whole fight.

In the end, players got these feats before the changes and it didn't change the game for them after they were granted to players.

That is all I wanted to say. Carry on.
    • Like x 2
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Reinheld is gonna hate me for this, but I really love how his signature shows that he is tired of grinding for feats, yet his position is AGAINST people grinding less for feats.
  8. Dene Devoted Player

That is his PVE opinion/stance LOL

His PVP vs PVE stance seem opposite in some ways lol

Not dissing him but something I noticed
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No...no hate. It's a fair point. See this all depends on your definition of 'grind' for them....or better 'earning' them. I do want people to have to put in some effort, vs just granting or putting them for sale. I've already said a multiplier weekend would be fine, or maybe even decreasing counts....but not to 0 (give away). I don't think people should need to random queue 100's of PvPs and hope that they don't end up in with a speed hacker to get the feats....but yeah...put 2, 8, 10 or 16 people together and 'work' on it....yes...as long as that's an option, I'd say that's what they should do, and I will agree that every one will be 'earned' doing it that way.

As far as my personal loss of interest in the grind, I was referring more to the constant update and worrying about SP/Stats. I know people who could rattle off their might with and without a soder/omega and when someone is buffing with claw and tetra or just claw alone. I gave up on that a long time ago...couldn't even tell you my CR or SP at this current moment. I play, I put on gear...I work on a feat if it's in front of me, or if I see someone shouting for 'need 1' for xyz, but I'm not generally going out of my way to worry about them.

Case in point....I just got the furies orders in the DK duo the week or so before Black Adam. I'm sure I could have knocked it out the first day it was there, but I also knew at some point I'd get them all as I was running it pretty much every day. No big whup. I don't want it given out for free though as if I did want it 'now' it would be easy to get with minimal effort and 1 partner.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

The Valentines Day feats were granted because the content itself was removed and eventually replaced, there's a massive difference in that because PvP has not been removed and in fact nor should it be just because it has some perceivable balance issues or some players just simply don't like playing against another human.

The players who want these PvP feats handed to them for free don't even want them to improve their PvP experience either, they want them to improve their PvE experience and their OCD's are triggered when they see a bunch of incomplete feats in their feat journal.

The reality is that's a massive and mad level of self entitlement going on and instead of actually firstly joining any request to have PvP addressed they're also not looking for better solutions that don't just result in a blatant hand out of achievements the player hasn't earned and doesn't deserve.

There are better ways to achieve these ends, bonus PvP weeks that give bonus wins, increase engagement for example.

TLDR: PvP feats should never be handed out for free.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

They could have repurposed the feats from the VDay event using the new event, they chose to grant them. They also chose to lower the feat counts for the PvP wins back when it actually was still being played. Whether you like it or think it was deserved or not, it happened and can happen again. It is a precedent. You can't change that fact.

At this point it matters very little to anyone. PvP is there, but it's not updated. It's not what it used to be and it's pretty much all about win trading at this point to get the feats. Which is against the TOS, but never enforced because the system is not being updated.
  12. STsource Well-Known Player

Make the feats obtainable via scrimmage?
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I agree that the PvP feats were reduced and I wouldn't entirely disagree with the premise of reducing them again, because that isn't giving the feats away for free, there's probably a level of debate as to perhaps quite how low you make them, but that isn't really my issue.

I take exception to the fact people ask for PvP feats to just be granted when they're still capable of being earned. That's the key difference between PvP and the Valentines Day feats being granted when they physically couldn't be earned and the devs had no plans at that time to repurpose or recreate a Valentines Day event.

There are nuances here that in the same you you say I can't change the facts, you also can't just ignore because it would be easier to just have the feats granted, I have feats I still need from a few PvP instances myself by the way so it would be entirely in my own interest not to be arguing this point by the way, so ask yourself why I am? Is it perhaps because it's probably what's better for the game or perhaps just because you think I'm being vexatious lol.

The game would be better of course if they fixed PvP, that's the dream, failing that making the feats easier but not handing them out is the better option for the game.

For the record as well you'll note many times they refused to reduce the LPVE feats (despite also having that precedent to do so) and instead introduced a bonus week that effectively does the same thing.

You've talked in your post as have I, in this one, about reducing the feats and you'll note in my first post I talked about bonus weeks. This does exactly the same thing without having to actually reduce them.

The bonus week option is better for the game because it increases player engagement, if you had a bonus week that say made every PvP win count as 5 or even 10, what do you think would happen? You'd only have to win 5-10 rounds to finish most feats at that point and you'd still have actually done something to earn them, rather than just demanding the silver platter.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I do loosely agree with this concept simply because I know win trading is going on, you'd be delusional not too, but again even if you're doing this, you're still actually doing it, someones doing something, something is happening, some fun is being had.

There's still a vast difference between this even and just being handed feats for free :)
  15. BumblingB I got better.

*looks up big word*
    vex·a·tious
    /vekˈsāSHəs/
    adjective
    1. causing or tending to cause annoyance, frustration, or worry.
    In most times, I actually think you do, in this case you don't want the feats granted and you are stamping your foot saying "no no no" thinking that will stop players from looking at the precedent that has already changed the game.

Let me honestly ask you, do YOU think players will do PvP "as is"? That you can legitimately get all the feats in PvP w/o win trading or making alts to beat up? Because that's the difference between LPvE and PvP. LPvE is boring, annoying, over inflated feats because the Creative Director was proving a point, but it can still be played w/o resorting to breaking the ToS. You queue in, you fiddle your powers and weapons and you are done. PvP requires you to queue in and win. It still has the ranking system, so you can get stuck with having no one to queue with. It is broken, way more imbalanced than the PvE powersets, and it has not be actively touched in 8 years. So I ask, do YOU think it's possible?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, depending on what power you are I think it's very possible, you'll probably gasp and go "why should I change atomic or fire" truth is though, did you pay the $20 odd to get all the movement mode feats, did you spend the $20 odd just to get a few more race feats out of the St Patricks event, if you did, which is likely then you can't really complain about having to change powers to get PvP feats.

And if you're at the point of complaining that these PvP feats are making your journal incomplete you're probably exactly the person that did what I described above. You could also of course create a dedicated PvP alt and transfer feats.

So yes, PvP feats are entirely possible depending on what power you are that allows you to overcome the balance issues, how much time you want to put in and how good you are at playing against players with a brain that isn't broken down to predictable AI driven patterns.

The largest reason people want PvP feats just granted is because they're actually not good enough to generally win a PvP battle and they use the pretense of other issues as a means to more widely justify a grant instead of looking at more wholesome and better solutions.

Again, If you're supportive of decreasing the feats, how low should they go? What amount of effort is acceptable to you that then isn't just a hand out?

I just described above also that you could allow the feats in a scrimmage and open the door to win trading, I mean who gives a ****, I'm not in denial about the reality, at least then they're still actually physically doing something, more than just, "thanks sir", I know arguably it's close, but it is still more.

When you make the players do things to achieve things, its far better than just giving it to them with zero effort. If you're going to just give out PvP feats you'd be better off selling the feats, then using the money from the sales to put back in to PvP development.

Edit - oh and I should say also, this really just goes to anyone who thinks the PvP feats should be just granted for free, I'm not by any means singling you out Bumbling, it's just your original quote was simply the way I entered the discussion somewhat as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

So the answer is "NO". Got it. Expecting a player to have to change their powers and one being a paid power, is a HUGE no. Your reasoning not even sound, but makes sense to you, I guess.

For the other stuff, I mentioned options I feel are the most fair in my thread. I was just mentioning in this thread that there was precedent for them to grant feats as well as adjust them.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

So you're prepared to pay for feats in time capsules or benefit from the fact others paid for time capsules so that you can get the feats? That's acceptable is it?

So you're prepared to pay to change movement modes so that you can get race feats from other movement classes? That's acceptable is it?

So you're prepared to pay to change movement modes to reset the St Patricks generic 25pt seasonal feat to get some extra feat points? That's acceptable is it?

But changing powers to better succeed in PvP to get feats, that's just a "HUGE no", is it? respectfully, that's just a double standard.

It also doesn't matter if one is a paid power, Fire is entirely great at PvP and it's a free class power, healing powers are also really good at PvP, the most disadvantaged classes in PvP are Controllers and DPS, although mental is good because of all its stuns and what's not.

This is the thing even with the imbalances, people are once again approaching it wrong, too many people just jump in expecting wins to basically be given to them and end up getting destroyed, leading to them even making suggestions like hand outs in the first place.

Also you didn't answer the primary question, how low should the feats go if they're reduced? what's an acceptable reduction that doesn't just amount to "free".
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not really. I do think that you should have to 'earn' feats, however some feats....like these outdated PvP ones, that 'earning' can come in the form of working with another group to 'facilitate' getting things done, because we all know PVP is not the PVP it was when many people got their feats. Cheating was not as rampant, more people ran, and the powers weren't as out of whack as they are today.

Just like 'earning' Artifact finder feat shouldn't mean putting in the same time as I put in or anyone else did...in Nexus, when it was new and current. Granted, it's not THAT hard, but its a lot more time than it was...especially IF you had a way to get in without random queues (something I've advocated way before the clamp went in). HOWEVER... I don't think someone should be granted Artifact finder either...or 'DeathProof' or reapers or CC bounties. If those things take multiple runs or some co-ordination of a group, you should still need to do those steps...even if (unclamped) some lower amount of 'skill' would be needed for some.

I don't see any difference in the 2 stances. I want no feats 'given' or 'granted' and as easy as some feat might be in unclamped....you'd still have to do SOMETHING to get it done...not just sign in.

And for those who say 'well they granted XYZ feat...' those were after some portion of the game was removed. As soon as they remove PvP...I'll say that a grant is an option. Until then....go set up groups and get er done.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Despite finding the premise of removing PvP to be nonsensical lol, yeah I entirely agree with your last sentence.
    • Like x 1