Can we get pictures of the new artifacts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ThePhilosophy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That artifact also increases your vit by a certain percentage, which in theory (as I have not tested it yet, nor seen anyone else notes on it) will compensate for the lack of the traditional power dump (allegedly) with your passive P.O.T.! Testing is seriously needed before we rush to judgement on this particular artifact.
    • Like x 1
  2. MiniCake Level 30

It's supposed to encourage two trolls but other then that it would be allot of rage groups screaming for power ha ha ha.
    • Like x 2
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Lol, yeah :rolleyes:
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

A lot of power kinks have been worked out. Are people still starving for power? I know im probably in the minority with my sp and experience but there are way too many tools out there now for people to be really running outta power like that constantly
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They really do. :D
    • Like x 3
  6. Dene Devoted Player

For some.. 2 trollers might be an option now.. 1 with and 1 without the new artifact

Also.. with some troller powers.. a well times SC with this artifact could give best of both worlds
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 4
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They have but nearly every group I run with has at least two who consistently drop blow 40% even with my dumping power almost as quickly as I can with 15.6K vit on top of maintaining LOS for PoT AND spamming debuffs in between power heals with 120 Power Harness. Hypothetically, if this was a forced permanent change to the group power heal/weapon buff power in all troll powersets, the community could and would adjust. But being that it's optional, the 1/4 of players (in my estimation) who use power hungry LO's aren't going to volunteer to change their LO's and/or playstyles to suit controllers who take the option of running this artifact.

Right and I believe that is the intention here. But that makes this artifact a situational sub-in as two trolls won't suddenly become the standard overnight. If I were to semi-permanently swap one of my 3 artifacts for this, I would depend on groups specifically looking for two trolls as I can't imagine the average single troll group surviving with this artifact in place.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

My thoughts were this, as well.. Will ppl start specializing etc ? "Non artifact Troll for COTe " lol

P0T will help but not enough & also might/power based DPS will actually prefer the buffing - so it it could be high in demand.. we will see, I guess :)
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The artifact is not good at all. Two controllers can give more power using power dumps than one using the new artifact and other dumping power. Unless it's changed. Controllers will get kicked for using this artifact because the total power out will be less all the way around.

All I can say is that my controllers will not use this artifact as is.
    • Like x 2
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

^^^^^
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I had the same image in my head as I was writing that, lol.

I don't think the vast majority of DPS are aware of the buffs they're getting from others. I'm one of the few still running the Cog and I doubt anyone's ever thought "I'm really gald I'm getting that 1900 prec buff from Illumin X's artifact!" Certainly nobody has ever said anything to that effect.
    • Like x 2
  13. MiniCake Level 30

They Stilllll Do when I inspect some I do notice there arguments are very low but even still a few who's augs are up to level they run out to.
    • Like x 1
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah no way in hell my trollys using this lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I love that the devs are trying to introduce new ways to play the roles. But as it is, without a 4th artifact slot (which I don't support), you're already giving up some benefit anytimre you swap out an old artifact for a new one one. So making an artifact that in and of itself is taking away something and giving something else means you're losing TWO benefits while only receiving one. Running that new troll artifact not only means you lose your group power heal, you're also losing either your stronger debuffs (Rao), or power back from debuffs (Harness) or faster group shields (Sould Cloak) or whatever other artifact that is getting replaced. No bueno! No beuno at all!
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

If you (gasp) have a second troll that still keeps those artifacts, then you have a dream team. One troll with a nice 3 percent stat buff to the whole group.
    • Like x 1
  17. lieutenant Active Player

If that doesn’t fit your style then don’t do it, but I think this is golden. Why??? Because you have people who don’t always want to do what they see everyone else do. Just because it’s the meta, doesn’t mean there isn’t another viable option. I have refused to use soap cloak for the sole purpose that people think it’s the only way things should be done. I feel like they can take that elitist opinion and kick rocks