Can we change instances to be soloable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OldCunning, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldCunning New Player

Queued for Area-51 had a decent wait.
    I don't play for effficiency I play for fun, running around, collecting things. Punching things.

I really hate that I'm forced to play with strangers that act like gameplay ****'s and kick for whatever dumb reason they fancy. Or because they want to feel elite. Acting like being efficient and effective in a game are actually life skills to be proud of.

Or maybe just remove all the collectiblles and achievements from forced teamplay sections? Just so I can play how I want, without some elitist-****** getting in my way, and of course keep me out of their way.

Sure I might just skip all forced team content, rewards and collectibles, but that's missing out a lot of content where developers wasted hours on. And it just makes the game lose that much financial worth as well.

I was planning on buying the episodes and play this throughout the quarantine, but now it feels like a waste of energy and time.
    • Like x 2
  2. OldCunning New Player

We are supposed to be either heroes or villains right? So why not give us the option to use our henchmen or sidekicks or allies? Create a crew after you get a hideout. Like the away team and bridge officers in star trek online.
  3. OldCunning New Player

Or just remove kicking as an option from instances. If people are that unhappy with the group they should leave. Not kick others. They don't pay my wages or membership costs, not that it would give them any more authority over me. So they shouldn't be able to ruin my enjoyment of the game. Especially if I'm not trolling but running around and exploring a map. Not just followingt the objective indicators.
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Don't play a mmo then. If you don't want to play with others
    • Like x 4
  5. Balton hero Committed Player

Show me a solo game that lets you create and customize your own character and interact with DC or Marvel characters and I'd go there in a flash(no pun intended).
    • Like x 4
  6. OldCunning New Player

"don't play mmo's"

Not your choice to make. If this game wants my money I am within my right to ask them to make changes that would benefit a lot of players that just like to play their game without worrying which mouthbreather starts kicking them because those social rejects can only feel important in games.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I cant. But point still stands. Don't play a massive multiplayer online game if you don't want to play with others
    • Like x 3
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Name a mmo u can play entirely solo. Top tier raids included.
  9. OldCunning New Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Same can be said of others, if you like playing with others, don't kick them.

Seems that removing the kicking option is best. Since then everyone will be forced to enjoy the game as is or leave. You';re being an assinine ****.
  10. Balton hero Committed Player

No, your point doesn't still stand because you're reducing the game's qualities to solely an "mmo" and ignoring every other quality that it and it alone has.
    • Like x 4
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Because its mainly a mmo. Just facts. Don't like strangers dont play one
    • Like x 1
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Gear ranking would fix old content que times. Would not have every one stuck at end game anymore. The content would be hard depending on group rank. which means no matter ur rank the que picks u up no matter what ur progression is. Which is why nobody ques for old content nobody gets anything from doing it. All that wonderful content and all we end gamers get to play is 2 eps. One for progression and one for more source marks
  13. Balton hero Committed Player

You restating your opinion of what it is over and over again doesn't make them a fact. There's so much more to the game than a mmo. The customization of your character, the decoration of your base, the solo missions, the open-world missions, et al, none of those things require other players. THOSE are facts. "It's mainly a mmo" is an opinion, no matter how many times you want to ignore the evidence otherwise and restate that opinion as if that evidence doesn't exist.
  14. OldCunning New Player

This would most likely help with keeping players on same lvl. Doesn’t fix the kicking issue. Kicking shouldn’t be something that players should be able to do. Only leave when they are dissatisfied. I’d really love to see a system where I just get NPC teammates instead of PC. Not just the rank. I don’t care to play with those that take themselves and this game way too serious. But I also can’t solo everything. Which would be preferable.

So not the que time in itself is the issue. Being kicked for whatevsr reason after waiting. Yet since everyone will cry about others in the team not falling in lline with their way of preferred playing. But reading your comment makes it seem that giving money to this company is a waste either way?
    • Like x 1
  15. Lanay27 New Player

Final Fantasy XIV
    Not current content but you can solo all previous content. Or at least go in with an undersized party, so 2 or 3 people.

It would be nice to run old content like that on this game instead of waiting for hours for something to queue. Especially when I know I could solo it
    • Like x 2
  16. Legasei Well-Known Player

For those of you who think mmo games aren’t for soloists, everyone is a soloist until they’re in a group. And when there are no groups to be had or desired, the game doesn’t stop being an mmo. Grouping with others isn’t the main characteristic of mmo games. Sharing a world with others is the main characteristic. That’s the only characteristic an mmo is required to have.
    • Like x 5
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As you gear up and progress through the tiers, it becomes easier to go back to older content with walk-in portals and solo that content. It's not anywhere near the "look at an NPC funny and they drop" levels we had during the CR differential days, but you might be surprised at what you can and can't do on your own. If nothing else it's a nice way to test your own abilities in playing the game.

Otherwise? You're gonna be dealing with other people. There's no way around it. So finding your own group and clearly communicating what you're looking to get out of a particular run is a great starting point.

Someone has WAY more faith in NPC AI than I ever will have. LOL I've yet to see any AI that I like or trust in games, MMO or otherwise.
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

An issue with gear ranking is that there would have to be a limit on the gap between the highest and lowest ranked gear so that the content would still be challenging enough for the characters with the highest ranked gear and not too overwhelming for those with the lowest ranked gear.

As far as queues for lower level content, there is little reason to do them when the newest content is available at a very low level for a very long time. I have always said that the devs need to bring the new content availability time back to the 30 days it used to be for under CR characters and to make it available to characters that are CR 30 and above.
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Being kicked does suck especially when you're the one that knows what you're doing. But I don't mind being kicked that's why I have other toons. The problem with being kicked that I have and hate so much is... who made the vote to kick me and who voted? I want to be able to easily add those people to my ignore list on all toons. That way I never have to see them again in content ever. Ì think that's a fair thing to ask the devs to fix asap. Also would make things so much better if the devs would update a quality of life league and friend list update. To show who has or has not run content. A new system to show that they like to run as dps healer troll tank what their strongest role. Or simply add or update the gameplay settings to allow the que to not find anyone 6 cr lvls below u for quality purposes of life. Any one of those should fix at least some problems
  20. BRainIAK Active Player

I agree with the soloable idea. That bridges the gap between the elitists that wants it ridiculous difficulty and people just wanting to play for fun (explore, collect briefings/investigations, fight some monsters etc..) The only suggestion I would say is to have a difficulty warning if they choose to solo raid/alert/duo and some just cant be soloed because of mechanics but let them try it anyway if they want but a simple disclaimer goes a long way. Most the time people really just want to know what they are getting into. Some people be stuck in raids and even alerts for hours just for some high sp elitist to insult and then kick them. They make newer players extremely hostile towards development and I dont think the dev team should allow it.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.