Can I Use Another Player's Power Interaction

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Giga Vamm, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

For example, can a Water player do higher damage on an Earth player's crushed enemies?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Short version: yes

Long version: Yes
    • Like x 1
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

You sure? (Not because I don't believe you but because I'm seeing conflicting information elsewhere).

4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Pretty sure that wasn't removed from PI's, I could look into it and find out though
    • Like x 2
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I always thought players could benefit from each other's powers. That post by Black Prime OG was the first I'd heard of a change, which is why I started this thread. Might need to do some more science in game. :-}
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Wasn't PI interaction from other players removed during an old update?
    I do remember briefly complaining about PI overlap/cancellations being gadgets, since we almost have the most PI in-game.
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

Rage used to be able to when I played it but IF I recall correctly they did make SOME changes.

Presently?
    I have no idea what they allow but pretty sure if someone who's been here forever answers yes like Fatal, there's a good chance there is some interaction between player PTs and it's not as it was in past times.
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure gadgets and mental were both changed so that they wouldn't wreck the PI of other players.

Mental abilities add terror or dazed instead of changing one to the other now.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The answer is no. They removed that a few years ago. This was to clear up a few issues. Like fire small little dot being over written, two nature healers being able to heal together, two sorc players not canceling each other's circles, etc.

Your only PI is the one you do for yourself.
    • Like x 2
  10. Marek Committed Player

Hmmmm ...... i remember that update. I remember they removed the over writing of one dot and another so that there was no cancelling out someone elses, but i can honestly say i had no idea they removed the ability to capitalize off of someone elses pi.

As long as ive been here im still learning crap, lol. Like just the other day i learned that i can press triangle in the broker after someone mentioned it in a thread, to search an item and i was always typing it in lol! ( yes i found it said it at the bottom like they said .... facepalm....) lol
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That's wrong, I just tested it myself. You can't override someone else's dots or hots but you get the damage bonus if someone else sets up PI for you.

I used EMP on the two targets in Hall of Doom Meta Wing. A league mate dazed one target and the other didn't have any PI. EMP consistently did around 5600 damage to the target without PI and 6200 to the target that was dazed.
    • Like x 4
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thanks for testing this, I didn't think PI overriding was removed, I know DoT and HoT was removed but didn't think that applied to PI's as well (now if they can just remove PoT overriding we'd be squared away :p )
    • Like x 2
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah after reading it I was a bit worried myself, good thing I was in HoD already and could verify this quickly lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I tried to get someone to help me test it but cele people are an endangered species these days
    • Like x 1
  15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I was going to do a test myself today. Thank you so much for checking it out! You're awesome!
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hmm. I swore they removed that. Unless something changed back during the revamp. If 2 sorc players are dpsing, then one wouldn't have to use circle, to apply bad karma. Hmm. Gonna test this tonight. Cause this doesn't sound right.
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your correct. Tested last night.

Funny, no one that I know of, adjusts their play according to what others run. I may toy a bit with this, cause I didn't think it worked this way.
    • Like x 2
  18. Version San Diego Active Player

This includes nature. If one person is setting dots, the other just needs harvest or roar to activate all the dots.
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Supposedly but the PI between players does not work nearly as well as it use to. The PI between players now is minuscule as compared to before AM's. Now, It can be hard to tell if your own PI's are working right. Unless you are looking for it you will not notice any of them. Before,..... the PI's would make a huge difference. Now they all are meh............
  20. JangaMan Active Player

Yes. If lets say an earth character has an enemy dazed and you use a move that has affinity with dazed enemies, it will proc the damage buff.
    And PI's dont override anymore there used to be an issue where a players PI would be written over the PI of another player, that doesnt happen anymore. And a few other things