Can I survive Nexus now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Will Power Loyal Player

I only play Legends PVP and I leave that PVP phase alone. PVP is dumb all I got to do is die a lot of times give people wins and I'll get 1 mark of V per loss no lockbox anymore so I'll lose to get that PVP gear at the end of the day I'm all PVE. Challenges Duos Alerts I don't really raid cause its not fun to many people stress over what your gear is what your CR is what your Mods are white and normal. I steer clear of that crap.

I wasn't asking for other player opinions on loadouts/ I was asking a cut and dry question. Can I beat Nexus Now? With out tricks or will I need to wait even longer till I can play my way. After all that's the DC's Motto is Play your Way. If I can't play my way I really don't want to play and I'm sick of all these must be in a group to get this and that.
    • Like x 2
  2. Will Power Loyal Player

Alpha no offense but I'm not going to sit there and block you know my play style I'm an aggressive Tank I go for the best Damage I can while I'm pulling Aggro plus I'll only get knocked down by a block break when I'm blocking I don't plan on blocking this time around I plan on Lunging I plan on Blocking when the need arises but I'm not going to stay in turtle mode. Which means I'm going to need 2 healers cause damn it I'm going to make those Healers get that oh **** feeling. I'm going to treat those raids like I treat an Alert. Watch for the Tells and Lunge when I need to and interrupt when I need to.
  3. SKAVANGER408 New Player

You might as well go Rage if you want to do damage as a tank or just straight dps. Seems like you want to be a dps but have the perks of a tank.
  4. Will Power Loyal Player

Yes thats why I wear my Tank Gear when DPSing its got the best Defense to keep my alive and the Dom helps me Juggle and Knock back adds as I use my Weapon. I'm a Natural Tank but I don't like just sitting there like a bump on a log. After all Fire IMO is more of a Damage class of Tank with the Ability to Heal ourselves Ice and Earth are more solid Defensive Tanks. Fire is meant to Move around not sit in one Spot that's why according to the DCUO Players Guide that was put out in 2011 states that Flame Cascade is a Tank move this move was a support move that would help long range Juggle that adds attacking the Main Tank in a 2 Tank run However no one runs two Tanks anymore Not since year one.
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

No offense you aren't a natural tank at all. The tank job is to take damage not to inflict it. Unless your in T4 or lower content but T5 is a lot different.

But rage heals and does damage a lot better than all the tanks out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dragonfyre New Player

Lol. Everyone in this thread is a terrible tank...

You can complete Nexus with any loadout. They are meaningless what powers you use. All powers cause a taunt in a PoIAoE which is different size depending on the power.

Skill point distribution is also meaningless. Lol@anyone who says fire tanks should use restoration. Restoration is a choice no a requirement.

Lol@anyone who uses a rotation to tank. Especially any rotation that uses a clip.

Lol@anyone who thinks a tank's job is to take damage.

A tank's job is to reduce the amount of damage the team is taking by adapting to the situation and utilising game mechanics at the correct time.

Man people who play this game need help.

yn2l2p

You are ready to do Nexus at CR eighty whatever it is. You don't need to meet the dominance requirement but if you do it will make it easier to prevent damage to yourself and others.

You can solo fire tank Nexus by just using flashpoint and nothing else. With less than 100 skill points and CR89 or so. This I have done.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zerefu New Player

You can complete Nexus with no tank and a monkey DPSing
    lol@anyone who takes any content in this game seriously anymore

lol@anyone who takes time to explain a role when you can finish top tier content in 10 minutes on a bad day
  8. nevadafenix395 New Player

As a fire tank who has ONLY ONCE beat only the final boss in Nexus, and in modded Raven gear plus a drop or two at cr94, I'd have to say yes... Yes you can.

Normal loadout, which I do NOT change ever, is Enflame > Stoke Flames > Burning Determination > Backdraft > Burnout > Reignition. Just my personal preference, though.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Can your gear and stats survive nexus now? Yes, your gear and your stat for sure. You? i dont know, maybe or maybe not.
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

If this isn't a troll thread, umm, I don't know how to finish that statement.

Will, with that approach to fire tanking, you will get splatted in any top-tier content at this time, no matter your gear. If I saw you trying to melee the Lexes and never blocking, I'd actually initiate the 2nd ever vote-kick I've ever done. If you had Explosive Block on and the vote failed, I'd laugh at you and leave.

That being said, a good healer/troll team (they'll be spamming heals on your squishy butt the whole time) could probably carry you through but I'd wager you'd end up on their ignore list afterwards.
  11. IdontDps Committed Player

my friend tanked nexus at cr 91 so if you cant there's a problem
  12. Will Power Loyal Player

At level 5 I was called a Tank I just sat there to see how many Brainaics I could get to group on me. Tanking is pulling Aggro what you do with that Aggro is your business you can sit in block bored to tears or you can do something with that Aggro. I am a Juggle Class Tank my normal load out is Enflame Flashpoint Backdraft Stoke flames low pressure and Reignition. Your a coward if you sit in Block forever only popping a power every 12 seconds. Tanking in its purest is simply grouping adds around you so you take there damage if I want to open up and kick rear like my Mentor Superman that's my business. I'm not going to bore myself while you have fun killing **** I'm going to do something. I'm a Mob Tank not a boss Tank I leave that to Ice or Earth. Locking a Fire Player down just because its a Tank is dumb. I'm a Pro Alert Tank I pull my aggro and I get my hits in and the more gear I get the more I can get my hits in. Build that Supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  13. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol really? I think I've read enough here. You don't sit there and hold block for 12 seconds, you attack. There's always gonna be a time where you have to block no matter what.

But hey have fun in those easy 4 mans that can be done with no tank.
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

So...you dont wanna be a burden on your trolls by clipping your attacks and powers, but you are gonna make your healers spam their heals on you ,therefore make the trollers burn his power on the healers just because you wanna do your weak attacks and not hold block?
    Nice teamplay.
    • Like x 1
  15. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Skill >Gear LOL

You really need a new style if you are going to be fire though
  16. Will Power Loyal Player

Easy really how many times have I had people begging to fall back away from the main fight area at the end of Fam almost every time. It wasn't till everyone was OP did they give a damn where I wanted to fight the bosses the same will be said about Nexus in the months to come and Nexus will just be another way to get Marks of Triumph. Everyone will be running T5 content in place of Gates for it will give more MoT than Gates hands down. So why do you care where or how I want to Tank what does it matter you have already beat it I can Choose any way to beat nex I choose Tanking I could easily beat it as a T5 DPS in exalted gear any bone head can Spam powers and clip like they are only concerned with getting it over with fast. I like dragging out fights.

If a Healer is Healing everyone is getting healed all I need is a COD under my feet and I'm good to go. I do plan on Blocking but not Turtle there is a time to block and that is when I'm getting lunged at. I refuse to turtle this time around this gear it better than T5 gear.

I should have never asked the boards for a yes or no answer instead of judging my load out or how I mod. Yes I'm going to refuse your advice cause if I use that advice all I'm doing is using your play style I have never followed the curve. I play my way I am going to use my explosive block to drive one boss toward the second that way DPS can burn both at the same time. I call it herding if that boss don't stay on me I'm coming to him.
  17. Dragonfyre New Player

Overgearing content is not a valid point. This is the way MMOs work. Play more MMOs.

Replay badges and the nong community preferred gear progression are the two things that severely broke this game.
  18. Deepeess New Player

So there is thread of healer complaining that they should do more damage,
    and now we have a tank complaining he wants to do more damage.
    My question is why people change to their support role but still want to be dps?
    why not press T grab the dps gear and DPS...?
    If you think fire is more suited to do DAMAGE press T and do that DAMAGE.

So simple.
  19. EPICQ New Player

No. Your CR is garbage way to low, you most likely sitting on 25 sp, your HP is to low, all tanks are sitting at 8856 and your cash.... come on man all players that are at Nex status run with 5m or more, just quit bro this MMO not for you.
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

Wait Wait Wait. This thread is serious? He really hasn't beat Nexus yet?

Heres my serious response then

To the OP. If you are a fire tank in my group using Inferno. I will kick you before you get the chance to even find out if you'll survive. Of course after I ask you to remove it from your loadout, but judging from your personality that effort will be futile. So to the loading screen you. no offense

P.S. Honestly thought he was kidding about not beating NEXUS
    • Like x 1