Bring back survival Mode!!!!! please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Op argillite, Dec 12, 2017.

1. xD25x Dedicated Player

Lol. Bruh my resume speaks for itself. Check YouTube. I was in some of the first groups to legit beat both OC raids. Yet somehow you're claiming they weren't difficult. Well of course they weren't difficult for you when you were flying above the map or clownboxing under the map. Silly silly boy.
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

The end game elite raids are the only thing in the game that is even remotely fun anymore. Everything else is just cake that requires no thought or skill. You just demolish everything in sight. Even saying that though they are not an extreme challenge. It took most of my league maybe a week and a half to maximize renown for E3. People think it is hard just because most players do not know how to play when it is not walk in and burn everything down.

I accidentally ended up in an elite run the other day with guys who pre-revamp were excellent. I remembered at least 3 of them from JFA Elite runs where we just destroyed it with ease. In the Pan Elite raid though, after the revamp, they were some of the worst players I had ever seen. The guys who used to destroy raids were the 1st ones who got put out by simple mechanics. Even when I gave them additional options to avoid the heat vision thing (Because standing there frozen is so difficult :rolleyes:) they still continued to get demolished. Of course after 5-6 wipes they decide to change the strategy by having the other healer switch to DPS with that flawless logic of "more burn" would help. Because out of the 4 DPSs we had on the team, 3 of them couldn't last more 5 minutes in there. It ended up being disbanded.

I would definitely like to play SM. It is something that I have not yet got to try. I'm around 8 months into the game and it has been getting to the point that I willingly turn it off whereas a few months back I would devote every spare second I could get into it. Even then I worry that if they brought it back it would be another weak piece of content that is nerfed down so everyone can beat it and feel good about themselves because if they put in anything even halfway challenging people cry relentlessly about it.
    • Like x 1
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Wow, when did you first run those raids?

Sounds like you don't know how or what made them so difficult.

So what made those raids difficult or did you not run them until after the glitches and SoT was released?
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Insults, is that not a sign that maybe you don't know what your talking about?

If that is your best response, to call me a silly boy, when clearly I did not attack nor insult anyone but to ask a question being curious does that mean your resume is in question?

What caused you to feel personally attacked with my curiosity to someone else that even demanded a response to such an easy question anyway?
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I was there I am just asking the fellow or gal if they knew what made those raids so difficult, and so far I'm not so impressed with the responses I have received, though 1 response did touch on why so many on the PS3 were having such a bad time, with invisible adds and the no buffer to account for the dreadful lag while on the PS3.

I'd give you this though, there were some groups that would use 2 Tanks for those 2 raids on certain parts while some groups using 3 Trolls, there was even a group that had a solo DPS for a run.

My question was not to highlight much into what was what for general difficulty but to ask if the person who was saying that OC was difficult actually knew why OC was difficult, and so far they haven't given me a reason to believe they know why it was.

There is a big difference with OC and even the content of today, and while newer players focus only on the raids, they have no clue as to how the content was back before easy mode and the extreme damage increase we received.

I am trying to give them a chance and the benefit of doubt, it is not absolute with why something is difficult, because that is subjective.

What 1 may perceive as difficult others see as simple or easy.

OC had both vision but even those that had either could see where it was difficult, not everybody needed to stand on pillars, use duels or hang in rafters or in the spawn area in order to beat them raids.

But some did have to wait due to the influx of players looking to do just that because of the difficulty of OC and there skill level, not everyone like exploits and cheesy advantages.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If it don't make money, it don't make sense. This is DC motto. Think about it, not counting revamp, what has DC done that wasn't behind a paywall in the last 2 years? SM couldn't have been generating money, so it has been cut out or DC have slowed it down
  7. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Trying to outline every mechanic that was in those raids isn't something I want to waste my time with just for the satisfaction of your curiosity and definitely doesn't deserve a response on the basis of some of your other comments in this thread, I beat the raids while the DLC was relevant, before GU29 and myself or the players I played with never used any glitches or cheese to beat those raids.

I played on PS3 had never had issues of invisible one shots, maybe I'm the lucky one but everything in those raids was a learning curve for most of the population so invisible or not there was always something that gave away that something you had to avoid was going to happen.

Of course, this probably isn't enough for you and without me literally spoon feeding you what the raids actually entailed you'll still probably hound for a response especially from your obvious condescending tone. If you want to know what type of player I am go check my Youtube, save us both the effort.
  8. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Wait Loche left the team?! When and whyyyyy? I loved loche!
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

You don't have to outline every mechanic because every mechanic was not difficult.

Nexus had 2 rooms basically everybody failed at the split was not difficult nor the room the bot that stun 1 player.

The last boss is where the most complaints came from and that had 2 shields nothing difficult after gearing up when they finally fixed the missing gear and adjusted the gear up.

By then they also fixed the lag issue that apparently you missed and did not affect you but definitely affected whole groups, which leaves the two top reasons for why so many groups really failed,...Burn and Power (the reason why 3 troll runs were the norm early on).

Dox was fixed multiple times.

Again not much here, the thing that really established these raids hard were the amount of damage we would receive vs what was being put out.

I'd suggest a little research before making blanket statements seeing where players were at the time it came out.

I was not questioning your skill nor implying you lack any either.

What I was questioning is your time and experience with OC and the time period your were able to finally run any of the content there in because there was a big difference day 1 vs day 61 of the release of OC.

Again it was not to take away from OC and to minimize the level of difficulty by no means the DLC did a lot of harm to the game and everyone's experience after the release of OC has been effected ever since because of it.

You don't owe me anything and thanks for the youtube plug I wish you well.
  10. Heywiar Committed Player

Personally, I think if they made the platinum chests and stuff from the original Survival Modes drop again with a low drop rate, it could be monetized. I (and many ma ny others) would reset the hell out of SM if it means I could get a chance at the Platinum styles I missed out on.
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

They said the items were exclusive to that event. It would be really disrespectful for the players who finished it in the past ( when SM first 10 rounds were challenging) to have some1 pay for what they spended hours/days (weeks in trigon SM) trying to get. I'm 100% in favor of new SMs and new platinum chests, but unfortunatelly i doubt we are getting it, this game became a joke to get money from the players and SM seems to not favor their pockets.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ully Committed Player

I've been playing SM since its first inception and as much as I love it, I think it needs to stay on the back burner until all powers have had a balance pass, and I think we all know which powers need adjusting. I really like the enthusiasm in these SM related threads and I've read a bunch of great suggestions concerning SM themes, maps and rewards but, SM should not be released until under performing powers have been adjusted. Also, trolls could use some love and I'd like to see other playstyles beside Pftt get a buff, so that everyone can enjoy SM, without having the limitations that are currently on the live servers.
  13. Coelha Well-Known Player

Balance in DCUO, what a joke... Keep waiting my man! :rolleyes:
  14. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I think in a nutshell they're trying to say it's just the variety of mechanics in ONE raid alone, since the combos are probably new each time for the first week. And the unspoken endurance run that they are. That's pretty much it, setting aside the subjectivity of difficulty to different players. But that's it at least for the casual POV. =)
  15. Op argillite Active Player

yes but there are ways to monitize sm and still have it be the ultimate challenge it use to be
  16. AberrantAngel Committed Player

First and foremost, I will put this up front. SM never a big fan, (no feats attached not going to spend a lout of time on it) don't care much for styles, pets or base items unless I can make in game cash on them.
    That being said I know a lot of people that want SM back. So I say bring it back, the best part of SM is the challenge and the conversation in the group, over all other then the elite stuff for the first few weeks it is the rare occasion where everyone is in chat talking to each other and trying to help each other out.